GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That new Pioneer Pump is easily a $200,000.00 plus pump that can deliver 5000 gallons per minute, this is a big pump. Amazing such a pump is in the area waiting to be delivered. Typically pumps of this size are built when a order is paid in advance.

I purchase a 500 ton Chiller and you just don't pick up the phone and say, "can I have it tomorrow". Lead time was 4 months to get once Carrier received payment. Again Discovery is fronting this entire show so they can have a yard full of equipment on standby.

Chiller.jpg

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Az I used to wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwork (I have a hard time with that word!) on those chillers. they made me a lot of money! glad that's over!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I missed most of last weeks show so I tuned in an hour early to catch up. The Dirt was on instead and it was the worst one ever! Only thing good/funny was Christo asking Todd if he was going to beat Parker this year.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Did anyone else see the water pouring out of the bottom of the last pontoon? Hope they did. :unhappysmiley:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I couldn't help but get super excited when they showed Tony's dredge starting up! That was awesome!!

The editors sure have the time frame screwed up. Last night Chris mentioned it took 11 weeks to disassemble the dredge and this week we see all the pieces arrive in Tony's yard. Next week we see A dredge start up. Wow, maybe its not the same dredge we seen taken apart or the timing is really off and the dredge was assembled over a course of a year and made to look like it was done this season. Taking things apart takes less time than resembling them considering this is a piece of equipment than have not run in 30 years and has been water logged, rusted out, etc, etc, etc. just in time for the 80 days remaining to the season that Chris mentions during last night of the show.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my favorite part was the guy asking Parker how it felt to hope to see no gold on a clean out... Love it. Also looking forward to seeing his GPop next week.
And oh, the shiny shiny gold. What a cleanup! Can't wait to see Tony's viking ship turning buckets.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One more rant...

Parker...your losing gold in the tailings!!!
That means I'll have to shut down!!!
Yep.
I don't wanna!!!
Well...
FINE!!! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!!!

Oh...look at all the gold in the tailings.

waw waw waw

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
turd gets less than a hundy and he's on top of the world
parker gets 240 and he's hungry for more
who's the real miner??

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more rant...

Parker...your losing gold in the tailings!!!
That means I'll have to shut down!!!
Yep.
I don't wanna!!!
Well...
FINE!!! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!!!

Oh...look at all the gold in the tailings.

waw waw waw

If this were truly a real show, I think Gene would have knocked Parker's teeth in by now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this were truly a real show, I think Gene would have knocked Parker's teeth in by now.

LOL Every time I see Gene I think

Gene Gene ... the Dancing Machine :laughing7:

he is getting to be a joke thanks to the way he lets Parker talk to him

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Every time I see Gene I think

Gene Gene ... the Dancing Machine :laughing7:

he is getting to be a joke thanks to the way he lets Parker talk to him

I agree %100 Parker is going to get his butt kicked if he thinks he can continue to talk to people that way. Sooner or later on of these guys is going to have enough of his hissy fits and whinning and knock him out.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bet the hissy fits and whining are just done for the show. Like all reality tv 99.99999% of it is scripted for our "entertainment". I wish discovery would stop with the drama and just show the reality side as that would interest me more. Some of those shows are so bad I can't stand watching them, who wants to hear a crybaby go on for an hour?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
personally I like watching turd walk around talking on his walkie talkie while everyone else works
almost like donald trump

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the hissy fits and whining are just done for the show. Like all reality tv 99.99999% of it is scripted for our "entertainment". I wish discovery would stop with the drama and just show the reality side as that would interest me more. Some of those shows are so bad I can't stand watching them, who wants to hear a crybaby go on for an hour?

I agree with Gold Hunter. The bouts of whinning and fits are definitely scripted into the show. There was an article on Gold Rush
that I read about three weeks ago, can't seem to find it right now, where they stated that the drama is just for the show. Parker
is not like that in real life and neither is Gene. I am beginning to hate the drama parts but this year seems to be so much better
then all but the first series. Grumpy Fred being gone is a real help to the show but sometimes Tony drags it back down. I can't
wait to see his dredge working and getting Gold, that will put a smile on my face. I usually put up with all the BS on the
show just to watch the cleanouts.

Turd has his work cut out for him. He has only brought in about 300 oz, spent that on new equipment, owes the landowner
at least 200 oz for rent and then must split the remainder with Dave and the crew. I am sure that after all the debts are
paid, Todd and Dave split the remainder so it is equal. If they can figure out a way to get that Iced over lake (Dynamite)
gone there will really be rolling in the Gold. That lake has to be addressed sometime during this season and then worked
on next season. There is to much gold in there to just let it sit.

I am hoping next year that Dave buys out Todd's remaining portion and Turd will be gone from the show......

As a side note, I think I am in love with Tony's daughter!!!!!!!! -->> Don't tell my wife. :laughing7:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoyed last nights show, probably because I really enjoy Grandpa. That said, I sure did miss the cleanups and seeing the progress at the different claims. Oh well, next week!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed last nights show, probably because I really enjoy Grandpa. That said, I sure did miss the cleanups and seeing the progress at the different claims. Oh well, next week!

I didn't watch it.

I have nothing against him Personally, But not the type of shows I like.
(I would have done the same if the show was about anyone on TV, Movies Or Music)
He started Talking I hit FF & Let it run till the End.
Then hit Delete .

I agree on the "Oh well, next week!"

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eighty percent of last night show was footage we had seen already. I like seeing John Schnabel. Having just lost my father I can completely understand where Parker's head is at with his grandfather. We should be so lucky to reach 93 years young and many of us will not. John is about to reach his 94th birthday.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Definition of IRONY... people whining on a gold forum about people whining on a gold show. :laughing7:

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
80% huh? No wonder I fell asleep. Did Tony get the dredge rebuilt/fired up?

Wasn't even on the show, so to speak. The next episode will have new info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread