FYI- Western Mining Alliance Nov Newsletter is posted/ Brandon Rinehart Court Costs

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ westernminingalliance.org where you can download it from right on the homepage. If you like what you see, get a free subscription to the newsletter.

There is a big push to fund Brandon Rinehart's lawyer, as I am sure you all know, Brandon has been funding the majority of his Federal Pre-emption court case from his own pocket. Others like WMA, New 49'ers and AMRA are pitching in to help, as well as other mining groups and some individuals (Prospectors's Choice is offering a raffle along with Kirby Jackson and others; if the desire for winning something for your donation is what you need to be motivated to help out, go to it as you only have a couple of days: https://rafflecreator.com/pages/326...dging-court-costs-help-preserve-mining-rights ). The REALLY embarrassing thing is his court costs are less a very small fraction of a SINGLE PERCENT of the monies that have been received from all the organizations that are collecting money from the miners to cover lawsuits.

Brandon is a member of this forum and is probably too proud to ask, and that is ok, but I have no compunction preventing me from asking- Brandon needs EVERYONE'S financial help on this. This is the time of year for giving and now is a great time to offer to help out on this pivotal court case. And the BEST way to give money for Brandon's fight, is DIRECTLY TO BRANDON'S ATTORNEY. Organizations mean well and have high expectations; but you know how that goes.

There are other court cases involving Federal Pre-emption, but Brandon's is furthest along and is getting some traction now. James Buchal is his attorney and James' is brilliant in his discourse and as long as Brandon (and those trying to raise money for him) can afford James' fess the (small scale) mining community is on the path to a big win in this case (although this case will benefit EVERY sized MINING COMPANY IN THE COUNTRY).

The best way to contribute is to make a monthly donation drawn directly out of your bank or paypal account for ANY AMOUNT you can afford on a monthly basis directly to Brandon's Attorney, James Buchal. I am sure he would even appreciate $1 a month if you can help out in any capacity (times 1000 miners, would be a start). The direct deposit donation helps in that he can "count on" a monthly stream of money to cover costs. Aside from the court costs, Brandon has paid huge personal costs too as he is married and has two small children who aren't able to see their father as he is often in court (when he is not working 60 hours a week supporting his family) fighting for the mining rights of the WHOLE MINING COMMUNITY.

WAY TO GO BRANDON!!! (and the rest of us......?)

Currently there are over 50,000 mining claims in CA, and around 20,000 placer claims here with about 3000 dredging permit holders from 2009. So far literally less than 17 individuals and have stood up and pitched in to help Brandon and some organizations are pitching in from their donations what they can. If you are one of those people who offered to help out, good on you. If you aren't, then obviously you have better things to do with your money- have a Merry Christmas.

Brandon created his own wordpress site: http://peoplevrinehart.org/ where you can go and (now) directly communicate with Brandon and find out directly from him what is happening. He has a forum on his site and if you have any questions for him, you can ask him directly.

Brandon is a really good guy, and has a beautiful wife and family. PLEASE consider helping him out in this pivotal case. The outcome of this case will have HUGE repercussions in ANY further mining decisions from this point forward in any legal proceedings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Currently there are over 50,000 mining claims in CA, and around 20,000 placer claims here.

Correction:

As of November 10, 2014 there were a total of 24,151 claims in California.

12,938 Lode claims

9,960 Placer Claims

1,224 Millsite Claims

29 Tunnel Site Claims

Not sure where the WMA gets those numbers?

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
M

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to make an apology to everyone on the forum (it must be the post-Thanksgiving bloatedness). I try to keep my zealousness (is that a word?) in check, but sometimes it just creeps out. I meant everything I said, but I may have not said it in exactly the right tone. I guess the better tone is, keep up the good work, we are slowly winning.

I wrote that and posted in and went into town for breakfast with my wife, and throughout the whole breakfast I was feeling very uneasy with how the post may have come across. If I somehow offended anyone, please accept my apology, as it wasn't my intent (although it may have sounded that way).

Time for me to crawl back into my cave.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I seriously doubt those are all gold mines. :laughing7:

California has a lot of minerals. The State produces more than 3 billion dollars in mined product each year - a very small percentage of that amount comes from gold mines. There is no way to tell from public information which mines were made for gold deposits.

The original post used the number 50,000 for California claims. I was just attempting to correct the obvious error. Thanks for clearing that up winners58. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
M

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Clay- It was my mistake. I have serious memory issues (getting old) and I somehow remember the 50,000 number from when looking at the spreadsheets in 2011. Sorry for any misunderstanding, as I am sure your numbers are much more accurate than the ones from my not-so-accurate long term memory.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DREDGE BAN HAS WIPED ABOUT HALF THE CLAIMS OUT OF EXISTANCE sic sic sic bs-Question-Isn't the Pacific Legal Foundation involved in Brandons case also?? John

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DREDGE BAN HAS WIPED ABOUT HALF THE CLAIMS OUT OF EXISTANCE sic sic sic bs-... John

That's not the case at all John.

In 2005 there were a total of 20,838 claims in California.

As of November 10, 2014 there were a total of 24,151 claims in California

That's a gain of 3,313 more claims in California since the dredge ban - 16% more claims.

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DREDGE BAN HAS WIPED ABOUT HALF THE CLAIMS OUT OF EXISTANCE sic sic sic bs-Question-Isn't the Pacific Legal Foundation involved in Brandons case also?? John

Yes John, PLF and WMA filed an amicus brief on my behalf.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High price of gold has brought many newbs to the table to reclaim what was dropped by dredgers. Talked to Mike and was told of such,know about the righteous brief filed by PLF/WMA as read a few times this weekend. Great job as expected and your one tough :censored: to put up with all the bs and financial dangers. RESPECT -John

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI- Western Mining Alliance Nov Newsletter is posted/ Brandon Rinehart Court...

High price of gold has brought many newbs to the table to reclaim what was dropped by dredgers. Talked to Mike and was told of such,know about the righteous brief filed by PLF/WMA as read a few times this weekend. Great job as expected and your one tough :censored: to put up with all the bs and financial dangers. RESPECT -John

John are you referring to the Amicus that was filed by PLF back in January or is there a new one that I'm not aware of yet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions