Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
Upvote 0

buckaroo

Apr 9, 2007
California Gold Country
Congratulations on the getting your BB.
It is important to Screen all material. Use 30, 50 and 100 mesh screens. Make sure your bowl is level and watch your water level. When running 30 mesh the water should be to the top of the bowl. 50 mesh 1/4" from top. 100 mesh 3/8" from top. Feed the material slow, about a tablespoon at a time. Don't drop it in let the water do the work. Don't over load the bowl. Let it clean between feedings. Also use a couple drops of dish soap to break serface tention.

I read on another forum that some people extend the control valve farther away from the bowl. Supposed to do a much better job with less turbulence.

Good luck.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
ok so my BB came with a pump and it takes a DC current
so instead of packing around a 12v car battery i just hooked it up to a small
12v motorbike battery, way lighter and easier because its a sealed battery no acid spills
i also have a little 2A solar panel kicking around somewhere i can trickle charge it in the field
cool
or take 2 batteries and trickle charge one while using the other
but whatever

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey M3T1IN.....I have used the Blue Bowl for over 20 years....Keep the Control Value as far away from the bowl as possible. The water doesn't flow through the values very smooth so let it settle down before it enters the bowl. I have a 15 foot hose I run it though but this is over kill but works...Art

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
i will splice in some more pipe before it enters the bowl
I was wondering if it matters what the diameter of the pipe is before it enters the bowl?
thanks

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All cons introduced must be prewetted to keep from floating away. Feed halfway around from the inductor and up against the side so it flows down the side and doesn't jump past the first step. I never use soap in mine,jet dry in your cons to decrease surface tension, a couple a drops in a 1/2 full 5 gallon bucket.Soap foams,creates air and adios!! I have #168 and it's over 26 years old and was in my store for MANY years and thousands of customers used it,and every other unit ever made too in our wet processing area. Run it full to the brim all the time,the increase in centrifucal force increases the specific gravity even more for better recovery.. Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Hoser John said:
All cons introduced must be prewetted to keep from floating away. Feed halfway around from the inductor and up against the side so it flows down the side and doesn't jump past the first step. I never use soap in mine,jet dry in your cons to decrease surface tension, a couple a drops in a 1/2 full 5 gallon bucket.Soap foams,creates air and adios!! I have #168 and it's over 26 years old and was in my store for MANY years and thousands of customers used it,and every other unit ever made too in our wet processing area. Run it full to the brim all the time,the increase in centrifucal force increases the specific gravity even more for better recovery.. Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Whats that bit about #168 and so on? i dont follow

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
one more question before i forget...
can u add the concentrates while the water is in motion or do u have to turn it off
between adding?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#168 is the serial number as to reference the date of production-Frank is keeping this great practice alive. You must leave the water on at all times to keep the fluidized bed working,no momentum,no g force,no gold. Side introduction makes a intricate fan showing you the specific gravity differentation in your cons fed this great old tool. If you dump a pile on the bottom you slow the waters speed,disconfigure the vortex and again start losing gold. This micron talcom powder ain't no joke,that bowl pays for gas and beer,a MAJOR expense!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
so just use a spoon or something to sprinkle it in as it goes?
on the opposite side of the water jet?
and do u run the water right to the brim all the time even for talc fine gold?
thanks

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Serving spoon,with wet sands,laid right up against the bowl side and let it run down evenly and watch it fan out according to it's specific gravity. Takes a little time to get it right but as in everything we do,experience makes it easy. I can run a PRESCREENED 1/4 a 5 gal. bucket in about 1 1/2 hours. Dump when loading up and watch out,this micron gold FLOATS on top of water when aireated! I put in a black pan to dry and watch out there too-it jumps around like spit on a griddle when you are trying to get it in a jar,electrostatic charge REALLY charges it up. Tons au 2 u 2-John

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
I use a few drops of Jet Dry to break the adhesion of the water. It doesn't make suds like a dish soap would. My directions say to stop the water flow and add a cup of concentrates then restart the water. IMO I can't tell any difference doing it this way or adding a little at a time with a spoon. It's a royal pain having to get the water flow correct every cup.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D

Attachments

• uu 024.jpg
    uu 024.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,941