tucson arizona gold panning

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What color is NOT worth keeping?

Have you tried a bit of google Magic?

Looked on land matters . Org or anything? Put a little sweat into this man!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take the colors not worth keeping! Just collect them and send them to me!:laughing7: I need all unwanted colors for a special experiment!

Just jkg, I think I understood what you meant.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What color is NOT worth keeping?

Have you tried a bit of google Magic?

Looked on land matters . Org or anything? Put a little sweat into this man!
You have enough information here and on responses to some of your other post or previous threads to give you a start. Now do your research.

PS: Research Greaterville and Arivaca. They are not 30 minutes away but are within about an hour of Tucson city limits.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed! Don't be like certain individuals I've met that expect the gold to just jump into their pan! To be a true prospector/miner it takes a lot of work and learning. Many of the people on here have spent a lifetime (in some cases several lifetimes :laughing7:) gaining that knowledge and are kind enough to share what they know with everyone here. Even so, it's not going to happen overnight. Some of us have been doing this for years and even so, we're STILL learning new things about this "art"!

There are many resources on the web where you can get maps, claims information, and tons of "how-to" information and it's all free! You've got the resources and they're just a mouse click away. Here are a couple of links to get you started.

FREE MAPS IN PDF FORMAT:

The USGS Store - One stop shop for all your maps, world, United States, state, wall decor, historic, planetary, topographic, trail, hiking, foreign, satellite, digital

FREE INFO ON ALL THINGS DEALING WITH PUBLIC LANDS:

Welcome to Land Matters

FREE INFO ON THE PLSS which you'll need to know to file a proper claim:

Public Land Survey System Download

OP
OP
G

gold_seeker

Greenie
Dec 13, 2014
Tucson az
Detector(s) used
not yet
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
some gold isn't worth getting my snuffer bottle out of my backpack ya know? thanks arizau im gunna do some site research and check out the greater Ville area and arivaca, didn't think arivaca had got at all thanks.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you would be surprised just how much gold there is in AZ. From Prescot south , most of the drainages have color. Find an open area and do some prospecting. " Endeavor to Persevere" Best of luck

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually Rod, if you know where to look there's gold from the Utah state line all the way down to the Mexican border. Go to Clays site ( Welcome to Land Matters ) and click on the Arizona claims map. Every block with either blue (lode) or orange (placer) is a section that currently has claims. Turn on the mining activity layer and refresh the map and everyplace that there's been claims in the past will come up as well. The darker the block is, the more claims it has had in it. BTW... Those are just the claims registered between 1975 and 2010. Imagine what that map would look like if it went back to say 1900!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread