jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANIMAL Planet's ICE COLD GOLD returns TONIGHT, MARCH 5, AT 10 PM ET/PT.

THE SHOW ICE COLD GOLD follows a band of American PROSPECTORS who leave behind everything to explore a new frontier - Greenland - which is covered by the world's largest ice sheet that hides enormous riches of gold and precious gems. THIS SEASON... At the beginning of this 12-episode season, the miners are greeted with devastating news: the government sets new restrictions and takes their 13-million-dollar ruby deposit. This major setback sends the miners into complete disarray.

Animal Planet Premieres New Season of ICE COLD GOLD Tonight

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compass declination is extremely variable north of the Circle. Hell, all that "red rock iron" around their base camp may make using a compass impossible.

2, maybe if he really was a guide of some sort.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Helocopter pilots up there don't make mistakes like that! They have multiple Nav aids on board- Those boxes and that crew went right where they sent it- all Drama, If the helocopter outfit see's the episode they'll be ticked off for the implication and the idjits will be looking for a new air carrier!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just watched this weeks episode, and not sure it was worth the time
even though I DVR'd the show and skipped all the commercials. It appears
that they're reaching for a new low in manufactured drama.

Eric is most definitely "not right", and any guide that allowed him
to drop into that ice cave should be fired on the spot.

Another group hikes 4 hrs. up a canyon that is actively thawing out,
and has boulders sliding down from the steep slopes. Anyone one with
a lick of sense would know better. Worse yet, they get to a point and
decide they can't make it to the spot Eric designated for them to check
out, so they turn around and go back without even running a pan (or 5)
of the material that has washed down from above. Beautiful creek right
next to them, and they don't even sample the aggregate before giving
up and going back to camp. ..:dontknow:

Not to mention the guys getting all soupy over their kids pics. Yeesh,
you'd have thought they'd last more than a week before crying over
home.
GAAAHsmiley.gif~original

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Magnetic deviation in that neck of the rocks is -34 degrees to the West. It varies with iron content and deposits. The deviation is listed on charts and maps for the local correction.

But that doesn't effect GPS.

I don't understand how they are going to keep the government of Greenland from 'closing' any productive areas they may find.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some drama & Lame crying over pics (News from home ? they only been there a few days ???) , but

to me last nights episode was tolerable.
only about 60 seconds of americo that I remember.
& he wasn't supervising as if he knew everything.

or did my mind go into moron block mode & censor him out ? :tongue3:

the Gold flakes were pretty :laughing7:

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eric is most definitely "not right", and any guide that allowed him
to drop into that ice cave should be fired on the spot.

Another group hikes 4 hrs. up a canyon that is actively thawing out,
and has boulders sliding down from the steep slopes. Anyone one with
a lick of sense would know better. Worse yet, they get to a point and
decide they can't make it to the spot Eric designated for them to check
out, so they turn around and go back without even running a pan (or 5)
of the material that has washed down from above. Beautiful creek right
next to them, and they don't even sample the aggregate before giving
up and going back to camp. ..:dontknow:

Not to mention the guys getting all soupy over their kids pics. Yeesh,
you'd have thought they'd last more than a week before crying over
home.
GAAAHsmiley.gif~original

Well the camera crew must not have much sense as well. Have not watched this weeks show I am at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix with my brother. As I said earlier this shows on par with Jungle Gold.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Walk for 4 hours. Dig two pan of dirt. Its too unstable ground lets get out of here. And some company is going to buy the claim. I don"t think so. No safety equipment. Knowing how unsafe it is. Then cry cry cry. I really feel sorry for them. Why don"t they call mommy.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walk for 4 hours. Dig two pan of dirt. Its too unstable ground lets get out of here. And some company is going to buy the claim. I don"t think so. No safety equipment. Knowing how unsafe it is. Then cry cry cry. I really feel sorry for them. Why don"t they call mommy.

yea really who is going to Mine up there considering how little time they have between seasons ?

ad conditions.

not even Todd I'm sure.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Is it me or does anyone else think that eric is blind? We already know he has no common sense. Every time he checks a pan, he uses a loop. I'm not sure the guy knows what raw gold looks like. I wonder if that is why he took John , the placer miner, along. Was it for confirmation? There is entertainment value in this show but I'm not seeing how they are going to make millions unless, as metioned in this weeks show, they are locating minerals with the intent to claim and sell for a quick profit. I dont think these guys have the finacial backing to bring in the equipment necessary to get the gold out of the ground. I forsee, as many others here, Greenland will not let them come in and tear up their land. How do you mine a glacier or unstable ground anyway? These guys need to go back to their day jobs.

Animal Planet, quit wasting your money on these guys and do a show with small scale miners in the lower 48 instead. Watch your ratings soar.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show died in season 1 when MadJack left....nuttn' but insanity since,2-3 minutes and click moved on..John

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it me or does anyone else think that eric is blind? We already know he has no common sense. Every time he checks a pan, he uses a loop. I'm not sure the guy knows what raw gold looks like. I wonder if that is why he took John , the placer miner, along. Was it for confirmation? There is entertainment value in this show but I'm not seeing how they are going to make millions unless, as metioned in this weeks show, they are locating minerals with the intent to claim and sell for a quick profit. I dont think these guys have the finacial backing to bring in the equipment necessary to get the gold out of the ground. I forsee, as many others here, Greenland will not let them come in and tear up their land. How do you mine a glacier or unstable ground anyway? These guys need to go back to their day jobs.

Animal Planet, quit wasting your money on these guys and do a show with small scale miners in the lower 48 instead. Watch your ratings soar.

I was curious on the loop also.
I wondered if the flakes were actually microscopic

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Helocopter pilots up there don't make mistakes like that! They have multiple Nav aids on board- Those boxes and that crew went right where they sent it- all Drama, If the helocopter outfit see's the episode they'll be ticked off for the implication and the idjits will be looking for a new air carrier!

toad Hoffman paid the chopter pilot extra to dro[ that box AWAY from the actual site. Toad was pzzed because the second show(?) Toad was anchored just off the shore where they were and they wouldn't let him bring in all his equipment and join in!!:)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm with ya about Eric and the loupe...mans either blind, or
that gold was very small...
smiley_emoticons_borg.gif~original

And worse yet, they were all excited as hell that he found
a few specks, and they were immediately talking about millions
to billions of gold...:icon_scratch:

I can get a few dozen 100 mesh specks right in a pan right off
the beach out in the backyard, but there sure ain't "millions" of
dollars worth.

Glad I'm not an investor in 60 Degree Mining Inc.

small%20jw_zpszdro6pbi.jpg~original

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
toad Hoffman paid the chopter pilot extra to dro[ that box AWAY from the actual site. Toad was pzzed because the second show(?) Toad was anchored just off the shore where they were and they wouldn't let him bring in all his equipment and join in!!:)

I dont think that shot of the gold was what they actually found. That gold was too big to even need a loupe.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think that shot of the gold was what they actually found. That gold was too big to even need a loupe.

that's what I thought also.
But then I figured being he use a loop. perhaps they filmed through the loop, or other micro source
making the gold look Chunky.
I'm pretty sure I heard someone use the word flakes back at camp

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why didn"t they bring the dredge to where the gold was. In the first place. They would be a lot richer then they are right now. And maybe the dredge wouldn't have been a waste of money. Instead of using it for rubies. Then if they find enought gold maybe they can. Sell the claim to the polar bears.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still wondering who this is
[h=1]IceColdGold[/h]
he signed up right before the season started. so may have been to advertise.
He hasn't joined the conversation . or even logged in again :(

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Why didn"t they bring the dredge to where the gold was. In the first place. They would be a lot richer then they are right now. And maybe the dredge wouldn't have been a waste of money. Instead of using it for rubies. Then if they find enought gold maybe they can. Sell the claim to the polar bears.

I agree 100%. They really didn't have to do all that hiking and subject themselves to dangerous situations to find the gold. Those glaciers have been there forever and so have the rivers and gold they found. I would have began prospecting near the mouths of both those rivers and slowly worked my way upstream a couple hundred yards at a time until I found gold. I mean really, so you found gold in an ice cave with crap falling all around you. Whats the likelyhood of mining in that location? If there was gold near the mouth of the rivers, a more feasable mining location, a dredge would have worked perfectly.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I'm still wondering who this is
[h=1]IceColdGold[/h]
he signed up right before the season started. so may have been to advertise.
He hasn't joined the conversation . or even logged in again :(

Maybe it's Eric hoping to see some positive feedback. Yeah right. The show got so tore up after the first episode aired, it's no surprise we haven't heard from him. IceColdGold, come out, come out, wherever you are. LOL!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread