jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANIMAL Planet's ICE COLD GOLD returns TONIGHT, MARCH 5, AT 10 PM ET/PT.

THE SHOW ICE COLD GOLD follows a band of American PROSPECTORS who leave behind everything to explore a new frontier - Greenland - which is covered by the world's largest ice sheet that hides enormous riches of gold and precious gems. THIS SEASON... At the beginning of this 12-episode season, the miners are greeted with devastating news: the government sets new restrictions and takes their 13-million-dollar ruby deposit. This major setback sends the miners into complete disarray.

Animal Planet Premieres New Season of ICE COLD GOLD Tonight

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's Eric hoping to see some positive feedback. Yeah right. The show got so tore up after the first episode aired, it's no surprise we haven't heard from him. IceColdGold, come out, come out, wherever you are. LOL!!!

probably a hint here but :dontknow:
a gold and gem prospector. I have claims on Mt Antero

I think both Both John & Chad are from that area.
and would be odd if it was Chad at this point.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know... I watched the first season and thought it was crap and never looked again. Sounds like you guys should stop watching this crap... I mean the rubies were cool but the drama has always been a slap on the show. Whatever happened to Spielberg and his Indiana Jones style of fun? I'll stick with Yukon Gold. Ice Cold whinner's sucks. :violent1::whip2:

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I've had it. I can't believe it took this long. I'll keep recording and just watch the season finale. If that's good I might go back and watch the rest. Everything I've seen tells me these guys have no experience.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the lack of experience doesn't bother me.
americos voice and their tour guide bother me :BangHead:

the forced drama of looking in places they claim are dangerious.
Even if they found gold at these heights & depths. Bother Me. :icon_scratch:

Who's going to mine them ?
& actually be able to make money after the costs ?

Even If gold rises to $10,000.00 an oz.
if gold is $10,000
you can be assured everything else like Fuel & food
will be 8 times more expensive also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and let's not forget they got ripped off on the rubies.
whether it was a Cartel like De Beers who want to keep the majority under wraps to keep
prices outrageous, or Iceland deciding it's theirs.

What's to stop them from taking the Gold if they find a shockingly good profitable Gold Strike ?

IdahoGoldGettR

Mar 13, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me get this right. They can't work the ground they found Rubies on and are now looking to find gold?? That's after you vote out the only guy that really knows anything about placer gold,,, and replace him with (a hiker at best) someone who knows nothing about mining period. What's to say that if they find anything in this new adventure that Greenland doesn't pull the same stunt they did with the Ruby area and close that? I can't even coax myself to record another one of these episodes. I have better adventures on my claim.

Quoting myself; it seems nothing much has changed since I watched the first episode. I was that close>< to recording it last night but convinced myself that I'd probably find a commercial more entertaining than the show itself. Instead, I took a hike next door to the neighbors yard and found some "Ice Cold Gold" in his snow bank. Who says you can't find adventurous drama outside TV land?

100_2432[1].JPG

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That character ICE COLD GOLD-member here is is John Self from Indian Hills CO. He is the 'crier' with the pony tail.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread