Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done video! You look to be running the sluice a bit too fast if you want to catch all the small gold.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with Kevin.

Learning to run a stream sluice takes a bit of practice, but I'm sure you'll get it figured out with the standard trial and error.

I love the location you were working in, and I hope you had some goodies in your concentrates at the end of the day.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Cheers guys, the water level can be deceiving in the video, I never run my water level above 1 1/2 - 2" high in the sluice and this is my maximum level I'd run. I've always wondered how well these sluices hold on to the fine stuff myself too but the amount of micron sized stuff it's kept hold of so far eases my fears

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Deep and fast are two different things but if you're happy, that's enough :)

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Duck, BLUE SKIES!!!! I was amazed myself tooooo....

Kev, I always chuck a couple of cups of material from top gravel through so I can see how quickly and smoothly it clears through the sluice, if it takes too long or clogs up the lower steps in the drop riffle system, I'll make amendments to the set up, raising/lowering the angle, creating more/less water flow in the sluice etc... It will also depend if I plan to manually pump straight into my sluice from my manual pump or not because that requires a bit faster flow to shift any larger rocks, whereas if I'm just sluicing classified material, it might be a little slower as there'll be no large rocks in that stuff... All depends on whats getting sluiced where really :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread