First Gold

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,

As you may know, I've been out and about looking for gold (and anything else cool, like rocks and gems!) since I joined TreasureNet last year. After lots of experimenting, trial and error, reading, learning, and practice... I finally found just the smallest few pieces of Au. Normally I would say I worked really hard, dug a lot, and put in lots of time yesterday... but this time, it wasn't so. This was the most straight-forward prospecting I've been a part of. We picked a spot, worked less than 10 pans and came up with a small piece. We kept working those spots, finding more. Finally, since we were out of time, we brought home some concentrates. I found another piece in a few pans of the concentrates, but haven't worked them all yet. I'm very happy to have crossed off finding gold from my list! :headbang: haha

firstgold2.jpg

Many of you probably find this amount of gold in your shoes when you come home, but for me, this is a victory!

I have to say, there's nothing like finding it yourself. Thanks to all of the great folks here who have generously provided tips and information freely. It's time for me to go now... I'm feeling a bit feverish... :goldpan::3barsgold:

Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job man! Finding gold is no walk in the park, the harder/smarter you work the better it pays off usually, keep it up!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep going pretty soon you'll get that much per pan!

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go... I'm still learning every time I go out, and from this wonderful forum. I will be waiting to see your future posts and more Gold!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fantastic! Finding Gold with less effort. As time goes on you will find lots more. Good Luck in your travels.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only gets better from here! Congrats!

OP
OP
AuSomeness

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I'm certain there is much more to learn. I can't wait to go out again! Heavy pans to you all!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It won't be long and you're gonna want more equipment to help fight the fever, just remember, there isn't a cure for sale anywhere :dontknow:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A little bit of shine will be on your mind all the time! Welcome to the club!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea, what they all said:/ welcome to the club.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only problem with finding gold is that it makes you want to find more gold, then bigger gold, then equipment to get more gold, then diversifying to find different ways to find different gold (wet, dry, high, low, underwater, trips to remote locations, etc., etc.,).

Ha, ha! Nothing like a glorious case of gold fever 'cause their ain't no pill 'gonna cure your ill but finding gold!!

All the best, and welcome to the legions that suffer happily with the virus "oro-incurablitis-resisticus-maximus",

Lanny

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem with finding gold is that it makes you want to find more gold, then bigger gold, then equipment to get more gold...Lanny

Yup. Just like a street junkie. Nothing worse than the Dreaded Underdose! :occasion14:

OP
OP
AuSomeness

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem with finding gold is that it makes you want to find more gold, then bigger gold, then equipment to get more gold, then diversifying to find different ways to find different gold (wet, dry, high, low, underwater, trips to remote locations, etc., etc.,).

Ha, ha! Nothing like a glorious case of gold fever 'cause their ain't no pill 'gonna cure your ill but finding gold!!

All the best, and welcome to the legions that suffer happily with the virus "oro-incurablitis-resisticus-maximus",

Lanny

/me shakes uncontrolably in the corner... giving a thumbs up :thumbsup:

Yup. Just like a street junkie. Nothing worse than the Dreaded Underdose! :occasion14:

Truer words have never been spoken. LOL

OP
OP
AuSomeness

AuSomeness

Aug 12, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I already went out again (less than a week later). I foraged around and came up with at least twice as much of the tiny stuff as last time. I posted this pic over in the I LOVE GOLD! thread. I'll post it again here just for the fun of it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread