High banker or Spiral wheel?

dbcyre

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I need a bit of advice from the experts. I'm getting back into the gold, and am trying to decide on a device. I'm trying to decide between a small high banker or a spiral wheel. My area is mostly flour gold with a few very small flakes in it, so I'm used to running everything through my #8 before panning anyways. Also, I do have a Blue Bowl for the fines as well. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Upvote 0

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a spiral wheel would accomplish the same as a blue bowl, cleaning your concentrates, and wouldn't help you run
more material...

A little high banker would let you run more material.

I'd say break the bank and get a Gold Cube... I love my Cube.... Or build a mini gold cube from a single tray (that's my next project) if money is tight, it'll
still be able to run 300lbs of classified material per hour... That's faster than I can classify it(depending on your dirt of course).

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bowls and wheels are for removing gold from prerun concentrated concentrates and not for what you want. A nice sluicebox would be great. No hastles,no motors/pumps/noise/permits and misc bs. Properly run you can move quite a bit of material. My all time favorite is Le Trap and no I no longer retail just know what works for me. You sound like you need to join a nice small local yokel club as your education begins and many there to help-John

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a spiral wheel would accomplish the same as a blue bowl, cleaning your concentrates, and wouldn't help you run
more material...

A little high banker would let you run more material.

I'd say break the bank and get a Gold Cube... I love my Cube.... Or build a mini gold cube from a single tray (that's my next project) if money is tight, it'll
still be able to run 300lbs of classified material per hour... That's faster than I can classify it(depending on your dirt of course).

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^

OP
OP
D

dbcyre

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on. Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll start looking more towards the sluices and bankers.

OP
OP
D

dbcyre

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any recommendations for brands? Also, I'm thinking of a 8x24" size.

OP
OP
D

dbcyre

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Gold Cube, how fine do you have to classify it before use?

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I classify to 1/8th of a inch for gold cube. 1/4 inch was too big for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use a BGT (Bazooka Gold Trap) I dont classify at all! i just shovel right onto the slick plate!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at your jurisdiction to confirm you can run a sluice in the creek. Some places (eg. BC) that is a big no-no. If you are allowed, that is the least expensive thing to get. Many nice ones out there. The Bazooka is an option. For fine gold, so is a sluice with miners moss and no riffles. There are other mats which you can look at too. Welcome to the world of mining, where there is lots of advise and ways to get the job done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread