Gold caught in sluice riffles :)

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a quick video showing a nice little piece of gold which got caught in the top riffles of my sluice when I was out prospecting last weekend. I was running my sluice directly off a little waterfall and it wasn't set up right at all but there was no other option where I was working so when I saw this piece get caught, I stopped the sluice straight away to make sure I could recover it. I've not processed any of the con's I brought back with me yet so I don't know what else the sluice caught but as I've put a few videos of my sluice running but unfortunately when there was no visible gold to show, it's always nice to catch a little picker on camera :)
https://youtu.be/cPqE9C0EwEg

Upvote 0

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OHHHHHHHHHHHH for a small dredge nozzle to do that stream!

Yes, with all that exposed bedrock. Of course, non-motorized. I wonder if a gravity sluice would be allowed? Then there would be the problem of getting the tube carried in (since that is in the middle of nowhere). :)

Nice little picker! May you find many more.

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Gravity dredging is heavily frowned upon over here, it's not mechanical but it's not exactly hobbyist either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread