AMRA GETTING IT DON, WALKING THE WALK AND TALKING THE TALK.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=5]
[/h]

American Mining Rights Association

Important announcement:
Several weeks ago we mentioned we were working on something which would make national news. Here it is:
We have been working closely with Sheriff Doug Binnewies of Mariposa County on the radical over-reach and complete disregard to the 4th Amendment by the USFS Law Enforcement Officers (LEO's) of the Stanislaus National Forest (SNF). We have provided Sheriff Binnewies with every document, statement and kept him informed of our investigation into these LEO's.
Yesterday, Sheriff Binnewies WITHDREW and REMOVED the USFS law enforcement capacity of the Stanislaus NF in Mariposa County. We expect Sheriff Mele of Tuolumne County to follow suit as well.
As most of you know, we had more than a dozen incidents AMRA investigated and obtained statements on of the USFS LEO's just stopping random vehicles along public roads, demanding the operators get out, produce ID, put their hands on the hoods and then searched their vehicles without any probable cause or reason in direct violation of our 4th Amendment and their own code of conduct. This is in additional to the egregious, and simply stunning incident where the Capt. of the LEO's pulled and pointed a Taser at the face of an AMRA member running a sluice box on a tiny creek on one of our validly held Federal Mining Claims. The LEO illegally demanded our member produce ID and boomed she needed to know "who is in MY forest". We pushed this investigation all the way up to the Commander of the LEO's only to find Commander Wears ignored the public's concerns, her LEO's blatant violations of our Constitution and blatant violations of their own code of conduct.
Obviously, the USFS Commander had hoped that AMRA would simply walk away and forget these people were radically violated by their out of control LEO's. AMRA doesn't give up and we are extremely proud to state that Sheriff Doug Binnewies recognized the extreme actions by these USFS officers and acted.
When government agencies completely go rogue, feel utterly protected and operate outside the boundaries of the rules which are supposed to protect the citizens who pay their wages with our tax money, actions like Sheriff Binnewies are one of the last recourse's of stopping out of control behavior.
Join us in thanking Sheriff Binnewies for stepping up and protecting the people who visit Mariposa County.
We are not going away, and trust us...........we have much, much more planned for these LEO's and the Commander who protected these rogue agents.
Please make a donation to, or join AMRA today, what we have planned will be costly, but necessary.
americanminingrights.com

Upvote 0

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is about time! May this reaction spread and governmental violations by Forest service and BLM get highlighted and their power curtailed. This is not a political reaction, but a legal one that is long needed.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RIGHT ON! Now that's real law enforcement!!!!!!! Makes my day knowing there are still elected officials who put the interests and protection of the citizens that elected them front and center. We need alot more folks like this. Will definetly send a donation to AMRA and a letter of thanks and support to the sheriff. GO Shannon GO!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yesterday, Sheriff Binnewies WITHDREW and REMOVED the USFS law enforcement capacity of the Stanislaus NF in Mariposa County. We expect Sheriff Mele of Tuolumne County to follow suit as well.

I am missing something. How can the Sherriff Remove Law Enforcement Capacity of the USFS? Are there any actual documents that pertain to this? What Authority does the Sherriff actually have in Revoking The USFS Law enforcement Capacity? In the case that The USFS now has no Law Enforcement Capacity so what does that exactly mean? And Why only these 2 places? Maybe someone can go in better details and explain.. But at the moment I find it hard to Believe a Sherriff can revoke another agencies Law Enforcement Capacity.. Why doesn't the USFS just revoke the Sherriff Law enforcement Capacity in those areas? Anyway any info and documentation would be helpful..

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM, the USFS leo is deputized by the local sheriff. That is where they get their enforcement power. Normally that's just a formality but it's still real!

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin....
But doesn't it seem kinda pointless? So Mariposa and possibly other counties have decent sheriffs what about all the other counties still bien screwed. So the Local sherriff dictates an USFS agencies Authority. Great every county different sherriff different opinion on who right and wrong.. Kinda Ridiculous in my mind I don't know but something just aint sittin well with me.. It really just doesn't sound like anything has really happened......

So what now the USFS Rules and reg regarding that area or in general are no longer in effect? So the Sherriff has enough resources to enforce/Patrol these areas as well? What does this all mean?

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Marshall, Stanislaus Forrest Service has been abusing forrest patrons constituional rights. Illegal stops, searches, siezures, without any probable cause just because they can. The sheriff has stepped in to stop a rougue enforcement agency from abusing vistors. The only way this will happen in your area if the FS LEO's are out of control like this agency has become. These are all documented cases, that have been submitted to the agency, and they continue to NOT act to protect the citizens. This is ONLY a solution to keep in check those agencies that have crossed the line and refuse to change.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While I am a long way from Mariposa County, it is great that Sheriff Doug Binnewies has seen fit to stop these violations of the 4th Amendment Rights of ordinary citizens and miners! A big thanks goes out to him! I hope you all get many more County Sheriffs to follow Sheriff Doug Binnewies example!

Frank

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Marshall, Stanislaus Forrest Service has been abusing forrest patrons constituional rights. Illegal stops, searches, siezures, without any probable cause just because they can. The sheriff has stepped in to stop a rougue enforcement agency from abusing vistors. The only way this will happen in your area if the FS LEO's are out of control like this agency has become. These are all documented cases, that have been submitted to the agency, and they continue to NOT act to protect the citizens. This is ONLY a solution to keep in check those agencies that have crossed the line and refuse to change.

Seems to me the USFS overreach and their Rouge enforcement tactics are widespread. No doubt they have used the same Profiling Techniques and tactics as Sherrif Arpaio.. No doubt a lot of this Rouge Enforcement Tactics are a direct result of the Pot Farming in Cali.. I was up at the Mad River and Quite Common to be stopped by USFS and they just ask if you got lots of pot or lots of money and despite what you say they search ya. But anyway truthfully all I see is a sympathetic Sherriff .. I don't know for me I suppose it makes no difference I live in Placer county Ca who the hell know who and what authority will be exercised here.... Well anyway I guess it kinda like Judge Gilbert Ochoa's ruling a joke..

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me the USFS overreach and their Rouge enforcement tactics are widespread. No doubt they have used the same Profiling Techniques and tactics as Sherrif Arpaio.. No doubt a lot of this Rouge Enforcement Tactics are a direct result of the Pot Farming in Cali.. I was up at the Mad River and Quite Common to be stopped by USFS and they just ask if you got lots of pot or lots of money and despite what you say they search ya. But anyway truthfully all I see is a sympathetic Sherriff .. I don't know for me I suppose it makes no difference I live in Placer county Ca who the hell know who and what authority will be exercised here.... Well anyway I guess it kinda like Judge Gilbert Ochoa's ruling a joke..

Well when Judge Ochoa starts slapping Fish & Game/USFS with contempt of court charges...you can be held for up to a year....they might change their tune!

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no "seems like" in asking a constiutional sheriff to make such a move. This is the result of documenting many instances of FS misconduct, and then presenting the facts to the FS admin, and said admin ignoring the recorded facts. If you have such documented acts, then you should act on them, but this did not happen by accident, it is the product of countless hours of work and effort, Their are NO free rides.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
its all a hamster wheel....
But oak you right about NO FREE RIDES..... DONATE NOW...

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Even if it turns out to be symbolic in nature, it will serve to put the individuals who are abusing their authority and overstating their importance on notice. It will force someone higher in the food chain, other than the person who is in charge of them now to address the situation. And like the domino effect or a journey of a thousand miles it all starts with the first step. One guy stands up and shows he has a pair and just maybe the others that have been itching to do the same but didn't want to go first will follow suit.

Nothing a government employee hates more than unwanted negative attention or corrective diciplinary action!

KRIKITTS

Sep 19, 2014
STATE OF JEFFERSON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no "seems like" in asking a constiutional sheriff to make such a move. This is the result of documenting many instances of FS misconduct, and then presenting the facts to the FS admin, and said admin ignoring the recorded facts. If you have such documented acts, then you should act on them, but this did not happen by accident, it is the product of countless hours of work and effort, Their are NO free rides.

Let the purge begin...

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AMRA is fast gaining a rep. for becoming the "attack dog" for miner's rights. When they go on the offensive, renegade civil servants caught in their sights run screaming for cover. Now if AMRA and PLP could just get along a little better....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
They are quietly representing dredgers that have been cited, and claimholder that are being attacked by FS. all without fanfare. Sometimes you can judge character by their actions when no one is looking.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Fresno County the sheriff was notified and opened an investigation against the USFS and actually did leg work. Right after that the USFS had a lot better relationship with people.

The forest is federally managed state property. A MOU memorandum of understanding exists between federal and state entities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread