Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Totals video has been added to the second page on this thread. :occasion14:

UPDATE: I have added some more video's and not all (Like the Gold ring video) will not fit on the first page.
If you continue to the second page you will find my Gold Ring video. :)

Heya everyone;

I just uploaded a new underwater sniping video for you guys and gals to enjoy.
My two notable finds are a Chinese coin with a square hole in the center and a small gold nugget.
The Coin is at the beginning and the nugget is right at the end, you can skip the middle if you like, its only trash and smaller gold. :)

It was taken last fall but I have had some serious internet issues, today I was lucky to get one uploaded without failing.

I am sniping just downstream from a large 15' deep swimming hole.
This swimming hole has been used since the settlers came to take well deserved baths after looking for gold all day. :)

For those that are interested in what my custom sniper bottles look like, you can see it pretty well in this video.

Enjoy and please remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE. :occasion14:

I am adding this video today, same spot but this time I find a silver toggle bar from a necklace.

I added yet another video today (6/4/15) and this time I find a Gold stud with a diamond in it.
Skip to the 2:00 minute mark to go right to the ear ring.

Here are 2 more video's from the same spot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

I have found a couple spots to snipe using my Nokta FORS Gold, I have a video made up for this but have not edited it yet.

Pretty much I look for strong signals and how they lay in the creek.
This usually shows a low pressure zone during high water where material drops out.
It is a good way to find spots worth sniping.

You should do great with your SDC. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are the long awaited totals. :)

I hope that you guys enjoy!

Here is a video of the trash that I removed as well.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, just WOW!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin. :)

I know it has been a super long time since I first posted photos from this sniping trip, but my internet seems to be working a lot better now and I can manage to upload a 500mb video in about 4-5 hours now.
AT&T has the slowest DSL out here, but it is the only internet available to us.

I am going to try to post a couple video's a week, I am thinking about starting a Journal so that folks can follow me there too.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATT is horrendous and expensive for sure here in Redding NT but with a monopoly in high speed internet what ya gonna do. Joh

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, its really maddening.
Cable is literally 1 block away from me but after spending hours on the phone with install techs and service operators I have been told that they have no desire to bring cable to our block anytime in the near future.
I pay almost $70 a month for speeds not much faster than a shotgunned 56k dial up connection and BASIC (No long distance) phone service. It is a total rip.

In the beginning our internet was even worse, I didn't know it until I tried uploading though.
I guess enough people in our area complained because a few weeks ago I noticed that ATT started working on the poles, then our internet got a little better and I could finally upload again.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome videos and treasure! Pretty damn inspiring! Gotta get me a mask for blind guys! I can only see about a foot away without my glasses. Maybe that's good enough!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found a nice prescription mask a couple weeks ago at the same swimming hole, +3 right, +3.5 Left.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Crud! I think I am about -2.5 nearsighted! Dang your finding some good stuff!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shoot, I woulda sent them to you too had they worked for you, my vision is perfect so I have no use for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions