Gold Hog Matting Question

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
I am currently looking to make some changes to my 4 inch dredge mats and was wondering which Gold Hog mat would be the best to put at the very front of the sluice where the slurry first enters. I will make this a removable mat so I can check my progress without clearing out the whole sluice box. I have a 4 inch keene mini with a powerjet no crashbox.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flare or crash box? I would go with the dredge mat if its a flare... it has the highest riffle. That's what doc uses part of the monster hog hi banker.. If its a crash box I would go with a combo of u.r. and Talon.
Hit up Doc he is very helpful.

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
Flare or crash box? I would go with the dredge mat if its a flare... it has the highest riffle. That's what doc uses part of the monster hog hi banker.. If its a crash box I would go with a combo of u.r. and Talon.
Hit up Doc he is very helpful.

It has a flare.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep call Doc and ask him whats right for your size gold that you get in your state. He helped me BUt I still haven't got my 2 inch dredge into the water to try out ! high water and floods and a bad back have been keeping me from trying it out!

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc seems to have developed a mat for many different conditions, for me I just need to find a little dirt with gold in it.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently looking to make some changes to my 4 inch dredge mats and was wondering which Gold Hog mat would be the best to put at the very front of the sluice where the slurry first enters. I will make this a removable mat so I can check my progress without clearing out the whole sluice box. I have a 4 inch keene mini with a powerjet no crashbox.

Dredges get a little complicated and we have a thread on that subject on our support forum.

Gold Prospecting Forum ? View topic - Gold Hog Mats in a Dredge - OFFICIAL THREAD

We have several people that have mastered the art and tuned perfectly and each have different dredges.
I'll try and post some pics later.
Ray has some great videos from Alaska and he's a HOOT. 6" triple with crash box.
If you get a chance watch his videos. You'll laugh your butt off.

But....... if you're looking for just that first FLAP mat... probably Talon.
Since you have that "drop zone" after the flare.

Doc

OP
OP
M

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
Dredges get a little complicated and we have a thread on that subject on our support forum.

Gold Prospecting Forum ? View topic - Gold Hog Mats in a Dredge - OFFICIAL THREAD

We have several people that have mastered the art and tuned perfectly and each have different dredges.
I'll try and post some pics later.
Ray has some great videos from Alaska and he's a HOOT. 6" triple with crash box.
If you get a chance watch his videos. You'll laugh your butt off.

But....... if you're looking for just that first FLAP mat... probably Talon.
Since you have that "drop zone" after the flare.

Doc

Thanks. I think I have a piece of talon left over from another sluice I built.

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey doc love the razor back mat did a little clean-up of some black sands with my 6" recirculating sluice and found lots of missed gold! Mostly 100- couldn't believe I left so much gold behind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread