Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Totals video has been added to the second page on this thread. :occasion14:

UPDATE: I have added some more video's and not all (Like the Gold ring video) will not fit on the first page.
If you continue to the second page you will find my Gold Ring video. :)

Heya everyone;

I just uploaded a new underwater sniping video for you guys and gals to enjoy.
My two notable finds are a Chinese coin with a square hole in the center and a small gold nugget.
The Coin is at the beginning and the nugget is right at the end, you can skip the middle if you like, its only trash and smaller gold. :)

It was taken last fall but I have had some serious internet issues, today I was lucky to get one uploaded without failing.

I am sniping just downstream from a large 15' deep swimming hole.
This swimming hole has been used since the settlers came to take well deserved baths after looking for gold all day. :)

For those that are interested in what my custom sniper bottles look like, you can see it pretty well in this video.

Enjoy and please remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE. :occasion14:

I am adding this video today, same spot but this time I find a silver toggle bar from a necklace.

I added yet another video today (6/4/15) and this time I find a Gold stud with a diamond in it.
Skip to the 2:00 minute mark to go right to the ear ring.

Here are 2 more video's from the same spot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video and nice chunk of gold. I scream like that in my mask when I see a snake. You have a good set up going. Good luck!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol, yeah I have had a few of those guys swim over me before!
Snakes seem to get a kick out of making us hardcore burly miners scream like little girls! lol

Fowledup Thanks for subscribing to me. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for subscribing Ratled. :icon_thumleft:

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y/W

Nice looking gold in the videos..... what body of water is that or area you are in if you don't mind? No details, just wondering where that clear water is with no sleeves.

ratled

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shoot, that was actually a poor vis day too!
The water there was very warm, probably in the high 60's, low 70's I would think.

Sending you a PM. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I added a video from the same spot, this time I find a silver toggle bar.

Skip to the 4:00 minute mark to see the toggle bar, it is a little bit of a long video.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Super sniping vid and day, thanks for the ride along!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I added yet another video today (6/4/15) and this time I find a Gold stud with a diamond in it.
Skip to the 2:00 minute mark to go right to the ear ring.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im trying my best not to sound like a greenhorn but, why are you not taking some of that stuff up to pan? would smaller gold not be found in that material?

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the videos Neo! Great technique and cool kit! I've thought about whipping out the wetsuit and hitting some of the rivers down here where I have access between Columbia and Groveland. This just drove the nail in. May I ask what you're using for an air source? I'm guessing a snorkel in the last video? But I do hear some scuba in the first?

Edit: I too was wondering why you dont pan some of that material out :x But you also seem to have good eyes down there to see small stuff! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Neo, I just started sniping about a month ago and have 4 trips under my belt. I observed your fanning technique in your videos and it seems like you carefully fan overburden away? I have the habit of vigorously fanning the overburden out of the way and not really looking for gold until i hit bedrock.. Have you found it valuable to fan the overburden carefully? My thought process is that the gold is going to sink to the bottom of the crack as i fan all of the overburden away...but i have the fear that i am blowing alot of fine gold away as i fan vigorously...what's your experienced opinion?

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the replies everyone. :)
It really helps to keep me motivated to make new videos.

The reason why I do not pan my material is because I am searching for the richest area's and going after the larger chunks.
If I come into an area that has a lot of silt filled material or I can see a lot of gold through out, then I will scoop some into a pan.

I use my Pyramid Pro Pan in these area's too as it can be sniped, yup, I snipe my Pro Pan. :)
With it being so deep and having riffles on the sides it is easy to fan out light material underwater leaving the heavier stuff to settle to the bottom of the Pyramid Pro Pan, in fact it can be quicker than using it in a traditional way because you don't have to get out somewhere and shake it down.

For me, covering as much ground as possible has found me the best gold.

When it comes to moving material, I am a human excavator.
I am ripping and kicking that overburden behind me, stacking up rocks on the side and trying to get down to silt filled layers or right above the bedrock.
That is when I kick it down into slow gear and take my time. :)

Sometimes the gold is throughout the overburden and I have to be more careful about how I move material and fan, others I can fan like a mad man.
It just depends on the material and the gold.
I know it seems like a lot to understand but once you are in the water you will get a feel for it really quick.
If you are fanning vigorously and you aren't seeing gold fly by or sitting ontop of your overburden then you are doing ok.

Now, obviously as snipers we miss a lot of gold, but we make it with the larger chunks that we find and being able to cover a lot of ground and find those sweet spots.

As for diving equipment, I only use a mask and snorkel right now.
I have a nice T80 hookah on my dredge though, I just have not used it. I have 100' of line and a very old Scuba Star regulator that I am not sure works or not.
I also have an electric Thomas compressor for pond aeration that has slightly better specs than a 263 compressor that I am going to use for a quieter sniping rig.
That compressor plugged into a Honda 2000i would be a very nice, very quiet option.

Thanks again everyone, and if ever you are up in my neck of the woods (Redding) just hit me up and we can head out sniping sometime.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a clean up pic?

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its coming very soon. :)

I have a cleanup video that I am going to post.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
im obviously no expert but have you considered a hydro powered diaphragm to push air into a supply line? think of a water wheel that pumps one large breath of air every rotation. talk about quiet!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here are 3 more video's from the same spot.

Also, here is the video where I found my Gold Ring and another little nugget.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Duck, I have thought of a lot of different ways to get air to me, but when it comes down to it I just like splashing in and swimming around freely. :)

If you don't mind though, could you expand on your idea a little bit please?
I have seen the water wheel versions and thought those were really awesome idea's.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice videos Neo and cool spot. Our techniques are much the same. I have been detecting mostly latley but will soon be sniping with the aid of my SDC. Keep the videos coming. Good Job Man.

AjR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread