Anyone interested in prospecting on my property and splitting the take? far NW SC

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have some property with creeks and are newbees. So I thought a good way to learn what we're doing is to prospect with some seasoned folks who know what they're doing. I would love to see somebody that had a Bazooka (trying to decide if we want to get one ourselves). Would it be a fair proposition to prospect with others (even though we're newbees) and split the take? We're in far Northwest South Carolina. We'll be at the property Sunday.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank God and you and the hubby for that! I really don't feel like bathing with Clorox again.

Frank

I have a cure for all things bug bite and poison ivy too. My Grandmother taught it to me (she was born around 1894 and raised a herd of kids... And it really works. I'll show it to you guys, you won't believe how well it works.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds good to me... Wonder how many horseshoes we're gonna run into... ;-).... The ginseng (if any) would be at the other property. It would be awesome to find an old cache, but if we don't, we'll still have a blast on the hunt.

I can sniff a horseshoe out quicker than hell... LOTS OF EXPERIENCE! Franks got a phobia for this area since he got laced with chiggers here on his 1st. visit. Since then he empties cans of spray on himself. But he's traumatized for life...:laughing7: Frank arrived here this morning early and we look forward to coming over and havin' some fun!!!!:occasion14:

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank and Brad,

I am so glad we searched at the TN home. I never expected to find such valuable treasures! (friendship that is) You two are awesome! I'll get pics of all those other valuables, I think i'll leave it to ya'll to tell the world about our exciting finds.... :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frank and Brad,

I am so glad we searched at the TN home. I never expected to find such valuable treasures! (friendship that is) You two are awesome! I'll get pics of all those other valuables, I think i'll leave it to ya'll to tell the world about our exciting finds.... :laughing7:

Well since Frank is too excited about our finds to post them I'll try and calm down enough to share a few of them. Since we know the date of everything we dig here's a few of them... Don't ask how we know...we're just that smart!!!!! :laughing7:

1. Frank found a starter key to a 1686 early car.
2. Later I found the license plate to it. The plate said 86 so we just assumed it went to the 1686 car and key.
3. Later I found a spam can from 1718... Don't ask... I just know these things!
4. Then we both found a LOT of aluminum from early settlements... we figure from the 1500's.
5. I even found a tent stake from an early Indian T-pee (1700's).
6. And Frank found a sling blade from Lewis and Clark's first expedition heading west.
7. Then I found the lighter that Mr. Clark dropped while exploring with Mr. Lewis.
8. I found a key later to the first house ever built in TN.
9. Last but not least.... Frank found some birdshot from ancient man way back in the day!!!!!

We found more than that but I'll leave it up to Frank to post when he calms down from excitement... :occasion14:

But seriously.... We did meet some great folks and had a blast MDing their TN. property for 2 full days. And we did make a great discovery in friendship. But for the next 2 days Frank did fix a coolant problem on their old diesel truck. We didn't find even one coin in two days of hunting! Frank and I are now looking forward to traveling to their S.C. property and gold prospecting now. We can't do any worse then this adventure..... Thanks you guys for having some fun with us!!!!! Brad

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have to say that meeting two of the coolest treasure hunters on the planet has been a blast. I have never met anyone who could, or would take on a task like you did Frank. Just so the world knows how awesome you are, I have to share it... We have an old truck that was having mechanical problems.. Frank took on the task of repairing it, it was no simple task. He ended up replacing the whole radiator not once , but twice (the first new one from Oreily's was defective) In this insane heat this wonderful man worked for three days in blazing hot conditions to fix our truck. I can't thank you enough. Brad and his beautiful wife are amazing and fed us awesome steaks and yummy baked potatoes. We learned so much from you guys, and built a lasting friendships with all. Hugs to ya'll... Can't wait to see ya'll on the next big adventure....

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well here's all the "treasure" we dug in 2 days. Now admittedly we didn't find anything close to "good" but we did have a blast. The best part was watching Miss Terri and her daughter Tabitha dig and use the pin pointer. You 3 were all so kind and friendly.

Frank, my hats off to ya for spending 3 days repairing their vehicle. Your a very good man and friend. I truly look forward to the S.C. adventure soon. And we all had a good time hanging out on my deck and pool one evening talking / eating. Thanks for the week here Frank and maybe next time we can explore back at the Duck River area.

Attachments

• S6300777.JPG
    S6300777.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 91

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
First, I want to say sorry to the folks on Treasure Net for not posting since this adventure began and to say sorry that a Gold Prospecting Thread got side-tracked by searching for hidden caches, metal detecting and truck repairs! Although these were off topic, the things that happened this past week, will hopefully aid Steve, Terri and Tabitha to get back to their' new home safe & sound and eventually lead to a wonderous Gold prospecting adventure.

Thanks to Terri and Brad for the kind words and kudos! I don't think I did anything more than anyone else with the skills and the time wouldn't have done, knowing Terri's and Steve's situation. Knowing that their' truck (a 1989 Ford F-250 with a 7.3L Diesel IDI engine) was overheating on the trip from SC to Middle Tennessee with no real load at all and that Steve would be driving back to SC with a heavy load, I just had to try my best to rectify the overheating problems. What started out as a somewhat complicated Thermostat replacement, turned more complicated when it was found that the Radiator had been treated with Stop Leak and was fairly well clogged with it. The Radiator was taken out to try to flush as much of the Stop Leak out as possible, only to find that the Radiator was leaking and needed replacing, then to find out that the new replacement was bad and leaking and had to be replaced. Even though we all were getting frustrated and exhausted from the events and heat and I kept getting sick from an Equilibrium problem due to fluid in my' right ear and from smelling the burnt Transmission Fluid leaking from the Transmission Cooling Lines and the Radiator, we still pressed on to get the job completed and the truck fixed. Thanks go to Steve for pressing on in helping me, even with his' own health issues and for Terri and Tabitha for stepping in to help when needed!

While it was sad that we all learned from information and investigation that any caches of money (cash and coins), jewelry and any other valuables that were known and rumored to be hidden in the house in Middle Tennessee were long gone and taken by Contractors or their' workers, we had a great time and I believe we formed a very special and lasting friendship that nothing could diminish! Also, while we found mostly trash in the yard that was left behind by Contractors working on the home, we still had a great time digging and finding all of the trash and the interesting (non-trash) items that we did. I must admit that even with the almost unbearable heat and humidity, the enthusiasm and hopes for finding something in the yard and the graciousness of the hosts was over the top and unlike anything I have seen in more than 30 years! Mine' and Brad's hosts, Terri...Steve and Tabitha not only made sure that we stayed hydrated well in the heat & humidity but also made sure we took needed breaks, were fed well and that we all had a great time with the conversations and stories. Also, I could never say enough about the food that Terri cooked which was excellent and fit for a King!

While I left a little sad that I did not get to spend time with Brad metal detecting the old (Two-Track) Wagon Road back to the Duck River and around the Duck River even if it meant finding a bunch of horseshoes, I still had a great time metal detecting with him as well as with Terri...Steve and Tabitha, visiting with them and Bonnie as well as all the dogs and cats and especially spending time talking with both Brad and Bonnie and them sharing some of their' grief over their' loss of Christi and Carter! Yes, there were hugs, even some crying...wet eyes and stuffy noses but we also had some really great times talking about all of our problems and other things as well. Brad and Bonnie are two very, very special people that are gracious hosts to anyone they meet, who have been especially gracious to me during all of the times I have visited and stayed at their' home and they are very dear to my' heart! It is my hopes that the Gold prospecting adventure to SC will be a prosperous one for us both and especially for Terri, Steve and Tabitha who have suffered a lot of setbacks in the last couple of years!

Well, that is all I have right now which is still long winded as usual! I hope everyone keeps their' eye out for the new Thread about the Gold prospecting adventure to SC which will hopefully happen in the near future!

Thanks to everyone that has followed this Thread and adventure and for posting the encouraging and kind words! Take care and be safe!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, I want to say sorry to the folks on Treasure Net for not posting since this adventure began and to say sorry that a Gold Prospecting Thread got side-tracked by searching for hidden caches, metal detecting and truck repairs! Although these were off topic, the things that happened this past week, will hopefully aid Steve, Terri and Tabitha to get back to their' new home safe & sound and eventually lead to a wonderous Gold prospecting adventure.

Thanks to Terri and Brad for the kind words and kudos! I don't think I did anything more than anyone else with the skills and the time wouldn't have done, knowing Terri's and Steve's situation. Knowing that their' truck (a 1989 Ford F-250 with a 7.3L Diesel IDI engine) was overheating on the trip from SC to Middle Tennessee with no real load at all and that Steve would be driving back to SC with a heavy load, I just had to try my best to rectify the overheating problems. What started out as a somewhat complicated Thermostat replacement, turned more complicated when it was found that the Radiator had been treated with Stop Leak and was fairly well clogged with it. The Radiator was taken out to try to flush as much of the Stop Leak out as possible, only to find that the Radiator was leaking and needed replacing, then to find out that the new replacement was bad and leaking and had to be replaced. Even though we all were getting frustrated and exhausted from the events and heat and I kept getting sick from an Equilibrium problem due to fluid in my' right ear and from smelling the burnt Transmission Fluid leaking from the Transmission Cooling Lines and the Radiator, we still pressed on to get the job completed and the truck fixed. Thanks go to Steve for pressing on in helping me, even with his' own health issues and for Terri and Tabitha for stepping in to help when needed!

While it was sad that we all learned from information and investigation that any caches of money (cash and coins), jewelry and any other valuables that were known and rumored to be hidden in the house in Middle Tennessee were long gone and taken by Contractors or their' workers, we had a great time and I believe we formed a very special and lasting friendship that nothing could diminish! Also, while we found mostly trash in the yard that was left behind by Contractors working on the home, we still had a great time digging and finding all of the trash and the interesting (non-trash) items that we did. I must admit that even with the almost unbearable heat and humidity, the enthusiasm and hopes for finding something in the yard and the graciousness of the hosts was over the top and unlike anything I have seen in more than 30 years! Mine' and Brad's hosts, Terri...Steve and Tabitha not only made sure that we stayed hydrated well in the heat & humidity but also made sure we took needed breaks, were fed well and that we all had a great time with the conversations and stories. Also, I could never say enough about the food that Terri cooked which was excellent and fit for a King!

While I left a little sad that I did not get to spend time with Brad metal detecting the old (Two-Track) Wagon Road back to the Duck River and around the Duck River even if it meant finding a bunch of horseshoes, I still had a great time metal detecting with him as well as with Terri...Steve and Tabitha, visiting with them and Bonnie as well as all the dogs and cats and especially spending time talking with both Brad and Bonnie and them sharing some of their' grief over their' loss of Christi and Carter! Yes, there were hugs, even some crying...wet eyes and stuffy noses but we also had some really great times talking about all of our problems and other things as well. Brad and Bonnie are two very, very special people that are gracious hosts to anyone they meet, who have been especially gracious to me during all of the times I have visited and stayed at their' home and they are very dear to my' heart! It is my hopes that the Gold prospecting adventure to SC will be a prosperous one for us both and especially for Terri, Steve and Tabitha who have suffered a lot of setbacks in the last couple of years!

Well, that is all I have right now which is still long winded as usual! I hope everyone keeps their' eye out for the new Thread about the Gold prospecting adventure to SC which will hopefully happen in the near future!

Thanks to everyone that has followed this Thread and adventure and for posting the encouraging and kind words! Take care and be safe!

Frank

Hey You! Give yourself a Hug..... And lets go get some Gold ;-)

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's all the "treasure" we dug in 2 days. Now admittedly we didn't find anything close to "good" but we did have a blast. The best part was watching Miss Terri and her daughter Tabitha dig and use the pin pointer. You 3 were all so kind and friendly.

Frank, my hats off to ya for spending 3 days repairing their vehicle. Your a very good man and friend. I truly look forward to the S.C. adventure soon. And we all had a good time hanging out on my deck and pool one evening talking / eating. Thanks for the week here Frank and maybe next time we can explore back at the Duck River area.

Like I told Frank too.... Give yourselves (you and Bonnie) a hug.... And lets go get some Gold ;-)

davidb

Jan 7, 2013
Frank I hope you guys do great wish I had time to get out me self I did bring a little back from mount airy nc had a lot of black dirt but not much else

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the great pleasure to spend time with some wonderful guys (B, D & F). Sadly, we didn't hit the mother-lode. I fear My excitement can be infectious, and a couple of great guys wasted their time... I'm not done exploring and prospecting.... Heck, I'm just getting started. I wouldn't trade a minute, but I sure wish our new friends would have gone home with some monetarily valuable treasures. We'll keep ya posted. Hugs to Frank, Brad & Dillon.... See ya'll soon...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool story and good read.

You guys have a lot more ground to cover... Mding ... In life... and in friendships.

Makes me feel good reading a thread like this.

Hope you guys all hook again soon and continue the searches.

Good things will come.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had the great pleasure to spend time with some wonderful guys (B, D & F). Sadly, we didn't hit the mother-lode. I fear My excitement can be infectious, and a couple of great guys wasted their time... I'm not done exploring and prospecting.... Heck, I'm just getting started. I wouldn't trade a minute, but I sure wish our new friends would have gone home with some monetarily valuable treasures. We'll keep ya posted. Hugs to Frank, Brad & Dillon.... See ya'll soon...

We all had fun Terri..... MDing, panning and laughing. If I was you I wouldn't give up either. We didn't "waste time" because you NEVER know on the next swing or the next pan what's going to show up. We just happened to have a lot of "junk" in a small area.... but hell it happens all the time. We all had a great time at supper the last night also. Was really glad Steve made it back in time. And again a HUGE THANK YOU for securing the room for 3 nights for us three. My "little" Grandson Dillon (6'-2" - 15 y/o) especially had fun panning the creek with ya. And we also had fun on our road trip to and from you. We'll do something again in the future for sure.

When Steve, you and Tab get back here again just come on over some evening before you head back.... Please take care of the 1593 spade shovel head I dug... I forgot it :tongue3: Oh.... and Frank forgot the generator casing off the 1702 1st. Cherokee tractor also... but he'll get over it soon... :laughing7: (Don't ask folks.... we just know these things somehow - comes naturally). Bye Terri..... Brad

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to second everything Brad stated! We had a great time on both adventures (i.e. treasure hunting the property in Middle Tennessee and Gold prospecting/treasure hunting the property in South Carolina). Although we did not find anything of value in the home, streams or ground, we found the greatest treasure of all in new friends! The friendship, stories, joking around, working together, the comradery and the fun we had and shared is a much greater treasure than any physical treasure that could ever be found! Sure, finding something of value would have been nice but what we shared and will continue to share in the years to come, is priceless!

Although we did not find any Gold, Silver, coins or jewelry, don't give up on your dreams! After assessing my thoughts on what I stated to you all before we left on Tuesday, I feel even more stronger that there is a potential for Gems on your' property in South Carolina. I did some research and believe that a lot of the rocks we found in the creek and on the dry land there, are similar and/or identical to the same rocks found where Aquamarine, Emeralds and other Beryls are found along with Garnets, Topaz and many other semi-precious Gems and stones. The reason and evidence that these are hard found, is that the rocks in your area have be decomposing for many thousands of years and a lot of Gem material has been long covered over by erosion and overburden and/or washed away downstream. Breaks in-between the bedrock layers, if they can be found, would likely be the best places to dig whether in the streams or on land as this is where the heavier material would have likely settled long ago. Don't ever give up on your dreams of finding something of value and it is likely with a lot of hard work and research, you will begin to make some finds and with those, will come more.

Thanks so much for getting us the room, for the invites and most of all, for the friendship and laughs! I have posted pics from the get together at Brad and Bonnie's home in Centerville that shows the crew as well as Brad's and Bonnie's great crew of dogs. I hope you all have some pics of Dillon that you can post!

Wishing you all the best...Frank

From Left to Right - Tabitha, Bonnie, Brad, Terri and Steve (me taking the pic)
Brad&friends 001.JPG

From Left to Right - Tabitha, Brad, Bonnie, myself and Steve (Terri taking the pic)
Brad&friends 006.JPG

Brad and Momma Dog
Brad&friends 007.JPG

Upper to Lower - Momma Dog, Mike, Ike and Sissy
Brad&friends 008.JPG

Bubba (sorry but I could not get a pic of Harley!)
Brad&friends 009.JPG

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here ya go - some pics of the Wild and Crazy Bunch... Doing what Wild and Crazy Bunches do... :metaldetector:...

Ya'll are a blast, And that little short fella AKA "Dillon":thumbsup:.... what an awesome young man.

We'll have to have a prospecting adventure again.... I sure feel blessed to have made friends with ya'll. Hugs to everyone.

prospecting 2.JPG prospecting1.JPG prospecting3.JPG prospecting4.JPG prospecting5.JPG

Cointoss82

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2016
Greer S.C.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there. I'm looking to get access to some property here in S.C. to pan on and meet some new people. I haven't been out since I left Colorado and would love to get back into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread