Anyone interested in prospecting on my property and splitting the take? far NW SC

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have some property with creeks and are newbees. So I thought a good way to learn what we're doing is to prospect with some seasoned folks who know what they're doing. I would love to see somebody that had a Bazooka (trying to decide if we want to get one ourselves). Would it be a fair proposition to prospect with others (even though we're newbees) and split the take? We're in far Northwest South Carolina. We'll be at the property Sunday.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope someone takes you up on your offer.:icon_thumleft: Splitting the take would be more than fair since it is your property and it sounds like there will be two of you to help do the digging. The more dirt run the better. Hopefully there is gold to be found.:dontknow:

Good luck.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would also be interested in this proposition! I live about two and a half hours from Greenville, SC, have a Highbanker/Dredge Combo, plenty of Classifiers...Gold Pans...Shovels and Buckets and have many Metal Detectors that can be used to locate any Gold Nuggets as well as Black Sand/Gold deposits. If you ever want or need someone else to come in and help out and teach you what I know, then just PM me. I am retired and have a lot of time to prospect.

Frank

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would also be interested in this proposition! I live about two and a half hours from Greenville, SC, have a Highbanker/Dredge Combo, plenty of Classifiers...Gold Pans...Shovels and Buckets and have many Metal Detectors that can be used to locate any Gold Nuggets as well as Black Sand/Gold deposits. If you ever want or need someone else to come in and help out and teach you what I know, then just PM me. I am retired and have a lot of time to prospect. Frank

I'll drive over from Middle TN. and give ya hand Frank. Let's find a campground close by, set up my large tent, get some grub and make a week of it. Sooner is better because of wife's back surgery pending soon... Brad

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll drive over from Middle TN. and give ya hand Frank. Let's find a campground close by, set up my large tent, get some grub and make a week of it. Sooner is better because of wife's back surgery pending soon... Brad

Where are you at in middle Tn.. ever hear of Fairview?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where are you at in middle Tn.. ever hear of Fairview?

Yes.... Frank (Huntsman53) and I are good friends. He called me last night and we discussed MDing and some gold prospecting. I live 7 miles from Centerville area, 20 miles from Dickson, 12 miles to Lyles and then a stones throw to Bon Aqua - Fairview. If you'd like to know more ask Frank and he'll tell you anything about me. I really don't want to "step over" anything Frank has pending or planned. He's a real good guy and has a lot of equipment. I'm retired as Frank is and would like to help him/you in any way I could.... Brad

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
2 Cents here,

Frank & Brad are good people, and each very interested in helping people.

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.... Frank (Huntsman53) and I are good friends. He called me last night and we discussed MDing and some gold prospecting. I live 7 miles from Centerville area, 20 miles from Dickson, 12 miles to Lyles and then a stones throw to Bon Aqua - Fairview. If you'd like to know more ask Frank and he'll tell you anything about me. I really don't want to "step over" anything Frank has pending or planned. He's a real good guy and has a lot of equipment. I'm retired as Frank is and would like to help him/you in any way I could.... Brad

Sent you a PM

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Floristweb-

You should check out Limitools thread

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...59-metal-detectiing-tn-cave-anybody-done.html

It's one of my favorites- talk about determination- and it's a real good read.

Good Luck!!

Mr. T & DeepseekerADS.... Thank you both for the kind words. I do appreciate it and I know Frank does also. And Mr. T I never did find out what the symbols are nor what the "letters" mean on the mud mounds. I still can't buy into that the mounds are naturally made because their to squared up. Especially the couple WAY back in. I just need to find someone as crazy as me to carry back a sifter and have some fun looking for artifacts near the entrance. Floristweb... I'll check out PM in a minute.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to thank everyone for the support and kind words and especially thank Floristweb and her hubby for allowing me and Brad on a great adventure! Hopefully in the near future we will have some pics of some excellent finds! I am not going to make any promises that none of us can keep but just say that I have a really good feeling about this adventure which involves a lot more than just Gold prospecting. My biggest regret is that I don't have a reliable video recorder to film any part of it plus the expertise to upload any videos here. I filmed a Ginseng scouting trip with my' Panasonic Video Recorder in 2014 which I desperately wanted to share with members on another forum based website but when I uploaded it to my' PC and also to Photobucket, it was broken up into little mini-clips which was useless. The video was filmed in a mountain hollow and on a ridge side where I had found some 60 to 80 Ginseng plants growing in 2013 and fully expected to find about the same amount of plants during the scouting trip in 2014 but was surprised to find 300 to 400 Ginseng plants or more. I had really made the scouting trip more to re-find and get some footage of a beautiful, proud and very majestic 4 prong Ginseng plant that I had found in this location in the early summer of 2013 but was gone in the fall of 2013 during Ginseng Harvest Season apparently due to some tree tops falling on it's exact location. When I found the plant back in 2013, I spotted it at more than 50 yards away but waited until I got a little closer to get better pics of it. I have included a couple of pics of it below, so enjoy. While I have dug Ginseng since I was 16 years old and found Ginseng plants much bigger and older than this plant that were hiding in dense cover, this one plant just got my attention and it was mesmerizing. While it was apparently damaged during the mid to late summer of 2013 and I am hoping was only dormant in 2014 since I never found it on the scouting trip, I hope to find it again standing proud and majestically when I scout that same area later this year.

Frank

140b.JPG 141.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank everyone for the support and kind words and especially thank Floristweb and her hubby for allowing me and Brad on a great adventure! Hopefully in the near future we will have some pics of some excellent finds! I am not going to make any promises that none of us can keep but just say that I have a really good feeling about this adventure which involves a lot more than just Gold prospecting. My biggest regret is that I don't have a reliable video recorder to film any part of it plus the expertise to upload any videos here. I filmed a Ginseng scouting trip with my' Panasonic Video Recorder in 2014 which I desperately wanted to share with members on another forum based website but when I uploaded it to my' PC and also to Photobucket, it was broken up into little mini-clips which was useless. The video was filmed in a mountain hollow and on a ridge side where I had found some 60 to 80 Ginseng plants growing in 2013 and fully expected to find about the same amount of plants during the scouting trip in 2014 but was surprised to find 300 to 400 Ginseng plants or more. I had really made the scouting trip more to re-find and get some footage of a beautiful, proud and very majestic 4 prong Ginseng plant that I had found in this location in the early summer of 2013 but was gone in the fall of 2013 during Ginseng Harvest Season apparently due to some tree tops falling on it's exact location. When I found the plant back in 2013, I spotted it at more than 50 yards away but waited until I got a little closer to get better pics of it. I have included a couple of pics of it below, so enjoy. While I have dug Ginseng since I was 16 years old and found Ginseng plants much bigger and older than this plant that were hiding in dense cover, this one plant just got my attention and it was mesmerizing. While it was apparently damaged during the mid to late summer of 2013 and I am hoping was only dormant in 2014 since I never found it on the scouting trip, I hope to find it again standing proud and majestically when I scout that same area later this year.

Frank

View attachment 1177465 View attachment 1177466

Oh boy, is this gonna be fun.... We'll film ya.... Hopefully the finds will be worth posting... if not we can post funny bits of this wild, and crazy bunch digging empty holes and panning out lead.... We'll hunt for gensing out back too... Just figuring out what to do first is gonna be a hard decision... LOL

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh boy, is this gonna be fun.... We'll film ya.... Hopefully the finds will be worth posting... if not we can post funny bits of this wild, and crazy bunch digging empty holes and panning out lead.... We'll hunt for gensing out back too... Just figuring out what to do first is gonna be a hard decision... LOL

I suggest.... (not telling) that we start from the inside top of home, work down, then out.... Then MD around home 5-6 ft. out. Hit any large trees or old fence lines, old foundations or any old buildings. Then grid yard and just do what MD'er do! Now I can pretty well assure ya.... 98%, that if we decide to dig there won't be too many empty holes dug. But, I can also assure you 95% that you won't like what comes out of most of them. It will be news when we do!!!!! Empty holes...Naw! Banner finds... Naw! (but hopefully) But I can guarantee ya we'll find some old "goodies". Every yard has'em!!!!!!!! :occasion14: But we will have fun.... that's for sure. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suggest.... (not telling) that we start from the inside top of home, work down, then out.... Then MD around home 5-6 ft. out. Hit any large trees or old fence lines, old foundations or any old buildings. Then grid yard and just do what MD'er do! Now I can pretty well assure ya.... 98%, that if we decide to dig there won't be too many empty holes dug. But, I can also assure you 95% that you won't like what comes out of most of them. It will be news when we do!!!!! Empty holes...Naw! Banner finds... Naw! (but hopefully) But I can guarantee ya we'll find some old "goodies". Every yard has'em!!!!!!!! :occasion14: But we will have fun.... that's for sure. :icon_thumleft:

Sounds good to me... Wonder how many horseshoes we're gonna run into... ;-).... The ginseng (if any) would be at the other property. It would be awesome to find an old cache, but if we don't, we'll still have a blast on the hunt.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds good to me... Wonder how many horseshoes we're gonna run into... ;-).... The ginseng (if any) would be at the other property. It would be awesome to find an old cache, but if we don't, we'll still have a blast on the hunt.

There you go Brad, she already knows you all too well! LMAO!!!:laughing7: Maybe there will be less chiggers and ticks but it is doubtful. I honestly don't know which weighed more, the horseshoes we lugged back to your' house on the two-track or all the chiggers and ticks we unwillingly picked up and carried back!:icon_scratch::dontknow: However, I do know which one's hurt the worse.:BangHead:

Frank

OP
OP
F

Floristweb

Feb 21, 2015
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go Brad, she already knows you all too well! LMAO!!!:laughing7: Maybe there will be less chiggers and ticks but it is doubtful. I honestly don't know which weighed more, the horseshoes we lugged back to your' house on the two-track or all the chiggers and ticks we unwillingly picked up and carried back!:icon_scratch::dontknow: However, I do know which one's hurt the worse.:BangHead:

Frank

Luckily we should be safe from Chiggers & ticks at the TN property.... Have yet to poison the the other one though... But "knock on wood" we haven't got into any ticks or chiggers here yet either...:icon_thumright:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Luckily we should be safe from Chiggers & ticks at the TN property.... Have yet to poison the the other one though... But "knock on wood" we haven't got into any ticks or chiggers here yet either...:icon_thumright:

Thank God and you and the hubby for that! I really don't feel like bathing with Clorox again.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread