Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Reeds Travels

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3198 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Been awhile since I had a connection. We just got into Lake Havasu, Az tonight. Had a great trip on the coast in Carpinteria and at Emma Woods state beach, then we met some friends in Death Valley and were there a week. And now I do have some great camera footage to edit when I get home for Thanksgiving. I really do love the traveling lifestyle
    Aufisher, ratled, Oakview2 and 6 others like this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3998 times
    Great trip Reed! Its great to get away every now an then! you did it in grand style!
    Reed Lukens and Aufisher like this.

us
    Oct 2009
    6498 times
    Those little Casitas look great. A couple people in my neighbor hood have them, and it's what prompted me to get out TT (although it's not a Casita). I passed by the manufacturer in Texas last month, and I wondered how much of a discount I get if I bought one direct, LOL

Safe travels, I look forward to reading more of your adventure!

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3198 times
    I finally found and finished the 2015 Miners Bash video... I lost a pc in the middle and found an extra copy on Karens pc 7 months later but... better to be late then never

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    3998 times
    Good video Reed! the pizza looked real good!
    Aufisher likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3198 times
    Thank's Russ We made enough pizza for everyone to have some. It was 4 or 5 I think. Karen makes the dough for the crust, mom put them together and I baked'em in our camp pizza oven
    Aufisher and russau like this.

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3198 times
    Then we took the kids out camping for a week at our claim.

Rockwerx, Aufisher, russau and 1 others like this.

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    3990 times
    Prospecting
    Nicely done on your videos! Many thanks for the break from winter by letting me watch some warm weather mining.

All the best,

Lanny
    Reed Lukens and Aufisher like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3198 times
    Instead of being in Az, Karen's mom bought a house in Florence, Oregon, so we moved her up and stayed a few weeks ourselves in our trailer. Johnedoe just happens to live in the area and he took me out beach mining here for my first time ever with an actual beach box. He has the Plath set up that was talked about 10+ years ago and it was impressive. Back in the day Dave Plath got himself banned from the 49erMike site because he was worried about people taking his ideas, so we just banned him and erased everything that was ever written about his clean gold sluice that he was selling. So... I never gave him another thought until I saw his sluice for the first time last week. Its basically just a sheet of magnetic sign material glued on to some thin aluminum and he was crying about copyright issues... Lol. Now after seeing it work in person, I can see why he was worried... It would be way to simple even for a child to copy. I really liked the way that it used the strips of magnet to form fine gold, low flow riffles for the beach gold and it would make a good addition to anyones arsenol that actually beach mines all of the time. I have used larger magnets myself in my undercurrent boxes for years but they are designed for a lot more water flow then this little beach sluice.
    Anyway johnedoe and I had a great time and we found gold right on the beach. We had a lot of fun. Now for the next couple of days, Karen and I are staying in Brookings at the Harris State Beach campground in space A25 if anyone wants to get together. We plan on taking some drives because its going to be raining the next few days, SO we will be exploring all of the little coves and beaches that we can find

Here's some pics of the Plath Clean Gold sluice in action at johnedoe's house when we were doing our clean up. I didn't shoot a video at the ocean because the wind was really high and you know how that sounds... Lol

Anyone wanting to stop in can either come by, or call us at 209_518_2650
    I'm on the tablet and not sure why the pics are upside down, I've tried turning and straightening here and wil fix later at home. When you zoom them in, they straighten back out and it gives you a great view on how the magnetic material lines up across the sluice
    The top sluice is his prospector model and it has the black magnetic material in it, then the bottom sluice is his larger production model and has the blue magnetic material. You can see how the magnetite fastens itself to the plate to form the micro riffles that work great for the fine beach gold. Zoom in on the black box for the full effect with the rifles full of black sand, you can see how the riffles create themselves on the magnetic sheet. We scraped the blue box's matterial down just before the pic and it gives a better view of how it all works. The riffles are simply created by the magnetite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160305121421.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	1284118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160305121429.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	996.1 KB 
ID:	1284119Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160305140250.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	1284120
    Last edited by Reed Lukens; Mar 11, 2016 at 04:45 PM.

May 2013
    The Golden State
    Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
    4666 times
    Prospecting
    Looks fun! Love Brookings!
    Last edited by Aufisher; Mar 11, 2016 at 06:34 PM.
    I am a teacher, hydrologist, biologist and a prospector.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52. Keene A52P Bazooka mini. Prospectors choice clean up sluice. Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    8747 times
    Brookings? Never heard of it.......

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Feb 2014
    Vacaville CA
    SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
    382 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    I'm on the tablet and not sure why the pics are upside down, I've tried turning and straightening here and wil fix later at home. When you zoom them in, they straighten back out and it gives you a great view on how the magnetic material lines up across the sluice

Hey Reed,

It's not your tablet, they are always rotated like that on my PC and always have been since I have been on treasurenet - it's kind of odd. Clicking on the image always fixes it like you said.

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3198 times
    Man, we've been from coast to coast this year, retired and traveling
    We pulled into the LDMA camp in Stanton, Az this afternoon and we are setting up for a week or more of fun and Gold Mining finally!!! I've been doing some detecting, sluicing and panning, but nothing serious. We did hit North Carolina this year and visited my old friend and claim partner Milty. It's been a great year and I thought that I should post being that we will be here for at least a week. If you guys have any suggestions or ideas, give me a shout
    Reed

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    3188 times
    Good On Ya Reed, you and the Mrs's out traveling - visiting family, making sure your detectors and such are still working! Stay Well!!!! I'm getting over the combo Flu & its buddy Pneumonia and this year its no fun!.......................63bkpkr
    Asmbandits, Reed Lukens and TAKODA like this.

Charter Member
    us

Jan 2013
    Alta, Ca / Stanton, Az
    3198 times
    Well we struck gold today at the Stanton LDMA outting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_10155717378295269.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	1531292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_10155717370515269.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	1531293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_10155717370410269.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	1531294
    Had a lot of fun, filled a ton of buckets, and made a ton of new friends
    I do love gold mining! Especially in States that are pro-mining!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links