nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call Friday from my friend from camp said he was headed north Sunday and asked if I wanted to go. That's a no brainer so off we go to the Wild Am. We went to a different spot that we scoped out earlier this season. When we got there we started to look around for a place to set our sluices not a lot of current. After about 45mins. We finally got them running. In the process of looking we were finding massive streaks of garnets on top of the ground. Did a couple of sample pans got some pieces in each pan not bad. We ran for about 5 hrs. I did like 6 buckets my friend about the same. The stuff was so heavy you spread out a scoupe of dirt and it would just lay there and slowly move at the end it was just a line of black sands and garnets. Every now and then you could see some bigger pieces of gold in the final line of black. talk about garnets the box and tailings for about 6' solid red really amazing the amount of them. For the time we were there we did pretty good.] DSCF0276.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0276.JPG
    DSCF0276.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice production and pretty New England gold!

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad for a day trip! It's around 2 hrs. one way. I wish you could see this spot you wouldn't believe it. It's a big flat spot below a drop in the river around 200yrds' long and the current is on the other side of the river. Luckily the gold is on the right side the one we can dig on! The ground is literally just red with garnets.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not bad for a day trip! It's around 2 hrs. one way. I wish you could see this spot you wouldn't believe it. It's a big flat spot below a drop in the river around 200yrds' long and the current is on the other side of the river. Luckily the gold is on the right side the one we can dig on! The ground is literally just red with garnets.

Pics of the garnets?

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, do to time a issue I left the camera home. I hope to go back one more time then I'll bring it. Can't give out all my hot spots there's guy's on here from this area they'll be grave robbing me! LOL! right tripp!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
N.H I would never move into your spot. Ive found the same thing a lot of garnets.And the bigger the better. Usually a decent amount of gold. Any body else up there.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's been one guy still dredging from NY. other than that no one. The water wasn't even that cold, surprisingly low as well. I'm not worried about you Tripp! There's room for every one!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
N.H should have got up there this week. But ive been sick. The weather has been perfect. The water still low. You had another good clean up. This weather keep"s up it would be super.

OP
OP
nh.nugget

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling threw my back out yesterday! Had to go see the bone cracker this morning. It would have been a perfect weekend for a trip. The water should be real low and warm. Next week could be the opposite. But welcome to NH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread