goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Some really nice looking samples there Oak. Also goes to prove that you can get well over spot price for great looking specimens.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good old mariposa gold I was raised on. Stunning acid etching and presentations. Thanx much, great way to start the day-John

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are beautiful but not worth the asking price . There are some with way to many other minerals bringing way to much money in my opinion .

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice eye-candy gorgeous lookin' gold!

Thanks for posting the link.

All the best,

Lanny

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lawd, I've died and gone to heaven. Mockingbird mine it is then...lol, man... the lucky *******s who own that claim...

Rockwerx

May 31, 2015
Alberta
Detector(s) used
2 ATG, ATP, JOBE 36 Yellow Jacket Stream Sluice, Jobe EZ Sluice, Garrett pans, lots of buckets!
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice specimens! My wife and I both thought that many resemble dragons. Pricey but still very nice!

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Know I'm a nube at this , but would these mean they are close to sorce gold , or just be in an underground cave , just wondering how close they would be to the mother load .

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Those samples are from quartz veins. I'm not really a big fan of these kind of specimens. I love crystalline gold, but those samples are all cleaned of host rock. I prefer to see the gold in quartz as a mass.
So to answer correctly moto, they are from a source vein, not placer finds.
Motherlode is much misconceived term. It directly refers to a locality in California, but more so describes the ultimate source of hard rock gold. There are many many mother loads which usually refer to a general area not a single vein.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , I was generalizing the term . I was just wondering how far they may be from source gold .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread