How To Make DIY Gold Hog Gold Sluice For Narrow Streams

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a video describing how I have made a narrow river /. stream gold sluice. This gold sluice has been made with a combination of Vortex, Hi-Low & Gold Hog Razerback & Scrubber mats. The sluice is made of 2mm Aluminium which I had made & shaped at a local steel fabricators and the mats were off-cuts from someone else's sluice build, the other person had no use for them but they were the perfect size for what I wanted to make so the materials for this sluice haven't cost a lot at all.

This gold sluice has been specifically made narrower than most sluices because I already have a gold sluice for general working conditions, this gold hog matted gold sluice has been made specifically to run in narrow streams and burns, where a normal size/width sluice would not fit. I have previously made a similar rain gutter sluice using ribbed matting but that only seemed to trap the finest of material due to the matting used, so this time I figured I'd use tried and tested matting to ensure the gold sluice will stand the best chance of finding gold from the material as possible.

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the u.s. home depot has vinyl horse fense posts. they ar 6' square and ten feet long. They can be cut on one side to make a flume. the cross member holes need to be covered or that end just cut. They sturdy and easy to work with. Just an fyi for those doing a similar project. I use my for a clean up condentrator sluice it would do for a narrow stream sluice as well. i have razorback, bedrock 1.0 , scrubber and ur in it. Runs with an old above ground 110 volt pool pump

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
I liked the fact this was made specifically to me measurements including the tapering of the side walls all for just £10 ($15), some local steel fabricators are very cheap for little jobs like this

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
should be getting out to give this a try in just a months time, can't wait

Top Member Reactions