Trinity river

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 camps out of Douglas city-1 blm and another rough style a couple of miles down the road. Skunk Point rec area. Past Helena is the EF of the EF and 3 camps there.John

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be in near junction city. I think it's near Douglas city. Thanks again HJ!! You are a walking encyclopedia of gold in this state. Someday I'd love to sit and pick your brain! Would a gold cube be ok to run up there? Assuming I'm not on a claim or state park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

stefen

The Trinity, classified as a 'wild river'...

Here is some information https://www.rivers.gov/rivers/trinity.php

Mostly within federal jurisdiction and like the Klamath, is fronted by tribal lands.

Take a camera and watch for native elk, bear, cougars and rattlers...

S

stefen

Just read in the paper today that the dams of the tributary rivers will be dumping into the Trinity beginning immediately and will run thru mid-May.

A warning has been announced to all adjacent owners to prepare their properties for the deluge.

And all recreation and other uses will be limited...so plan ahead.

Might want to consider a late snow melt and the water temperatures will be on the cold side.

Apparently the water management people were not aware of yur pending vacation...:dontknow:

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the time a day , rangers have been insane there lately as ALL claims on the river TAKEN through segregation and NO mining for 20 years whilst the BLM/FS decide if/how/what they want to do to the fish restoration projects. That's 22 miles of bs just on the river-tribs included for yet another 18 miles...down stream past Helena is out of the closure areas-John

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any info on the coffee creek area above trinity lake? Big change of plans....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not included as above the dam. Closures/takings from the dam after bay to Helena---this year, as many MANY miles past even Big Bar has been "realigned" read many millions upon millions of cubic yards of tailings dumped into the river and restoration projects everywhere. Caution as the winter high waters have washed away MOST of the signs telling you your in a restoration project and the fines are horrendous--ignorance of the law is no excuse has cost much sic sic sic world-John

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
go on mylandmatters and see all the claims, makes me very weary of prospecting in that area. do your homework, and be careful in that river, when theyre flushing the river just stay out

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
i would suggest camping on a creek nearby. just take a crap shot, you will find gold, you might find a couple nice pieces too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread