Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 479
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To those of you that are furious about this thread.... I asked about it due to my own curiousity, and was looking forward to hearing chlsbrns input, as SHE is very knowledgeable about it. It was never brought up to help anybody become fabulously wealthy overnight. I was simply asking for my own curiousity

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
By the time I get this response ready, this thread will probably be well past this point....but oh, well.

Biomass is organic matter derived from living, or recently living organisms. Biomass can be used as a source of energy and it most often refers to plants or plant-based materials which are not used for food or feed, and are specifically called lignocellulosic biomass. ...... Getting gold from cereal and bread using jelly will somehow help collect powder gold? Especially being that the linked article says that gold can be extracted from wheat and oat biomass. Biomass is not a food.
You're going by one definition of biomass. However, a form of wheat bread that "would" be biomass is old, moldy bread - no longer suitable for consumption. That said, cattails and weeds are also not considered "animal feedstock". However, a neighbor here feeds such to his cows regularly, any time his supply of the-cheapest-hay-he-can-find runs out. Therefore, it's difficult to accurately define an animal feedstock.
Both bread and many cereals, though intentioned for consumptive purposes, may also substitute as biomass. It sounds a little insane because it brings to mind someone going to the store, buying up fresh bread and cereal, then using it in this way. That's ludicrous, UNLESS you happen to be attempting an experiment and that is the most logical/convenient route to go.

the linked university study calls it biomass?And talks about using it and [h=1]sodium citrate and cetyltrimethylammonium bromide,..[/h]those words are directly from the link to the study. Not Clays words but, the study he shared.Talking about extracting the gold. Making a joke about toast and jelly is pretty funny actually because it is wheat and sodium citrate...and it brings it back to actually talking about recovering nano gold...very relevant if the op really does have it and is interested in possible method's.
Whether a joke or intentional, the same or similar ingredients apply, so who are we to say it DOESN'T work?!?!? Personally, I think it was quite clever! :thumbsup:

In "my" opinion (not that it matters), Clay's posts are suitable. Maybe it would work; maybe it wouldn't. Maybe it was meant as a joke; maybe it wasn't. The one thing I do very much wish is, if someone is going to make a joke, to please make it an obvious one - like using the :laughing7: and :laughing9: emoticons, as well as making it verbally clear.

My 2 bits. ...Let's see, with inflation - oil prices - current political affairs....no, no - keep mistresses out of it! Ok, ok...this is my 1.367 bits worth! :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, several parts of cattails and many weeds are edible by man too.....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the time I get this response ready, this thread will probably be well past this point....but oh, well.

You're going by one definition of biomass. However, a form of wheat bread that "would" be biomass is old, moldy bread - no longer suitable for consumption. That said, cattails and weeds are also not considered "animal feedstock". However, a neighbor here feeds such to his cows regularly, any time his supply of the-cheapest-hay-he-can-find runs out. Therefore, it's difficult to accurately define an animal feedstock.
Both bread and many cereals, though intentioned for consumptive purposes, may also substitute as biomass. It sounds a little insane because it brings to mind someone going to the store, buying up fresh bread and cereal, then using it in this way. That's ludicrous, UNLESS you happen to be attempting an experiment and that is the most logical/convenient route to go.

Whether a joke or intentional, the same or similar ingredients apply, so who are we to say it DOESN'T work?!?!? Personally, I think it was quite clever! :thumbsup:

In "my" opinion (not that it matters), Clay's posts are suitable. Maybe it would work; maybe it wouldn't. Maybe it was meant as a joke; maybe it wasn't. The one thing I do very much wish is, if someone is going to make a joke, to please make it an obvious one - like using the :laughing7: and :laughing9: emoticons, as well as making it verbally clear.

My 2 bits. ...Let's see, with inflation - oil prices - current political affairs....no, no - keep mistresses out of it! Ok, ok...this is my 1.367 bits worth! :tongue3:

The similarities between mediums is clever...the picture of a cat with glasses is the joke....I figured that was kinda self apparent. ..

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
The similarities between mediums is clever...the picture of a cat with glasses is the joke....I figured that was kinda self apparent. ..

Yep - my bad there. I normally surf with images turned off to save on data usage. Guess I missed that one. :3some:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boys cut their 4th of july week vacation short to build me a vibrating grease table from an old commercial sluice that we don't use anymore. Isn't that nice of them? Real miners rule!

They ran a test on a 55 gallon drum of black sands and the results were amazing to say the least! It took less than an hour to run and recovered over 36 ounces!

I'll be flying back tomorrow to see it in action!

:icon_thumright:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be flying back to mine tomorrow. My brief vacation is over. We actually mine during our season so we can't be on tnet 24/7/365 like you recreational prospectors. I won't have time to post at all!

Im dying to see the grease table that the boys made especially the genius improvement. It is so simple and pure genius! Why didn't I think of that?

The few of you that were interested in this thread should continue to post!

Heck maybe if you eat enough cereal and whole wheat bread with strawberry jam you will need a method to recover the gold from your teeth! I suggest Vaseline! fish oil would be nasty!

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Be interesting to see what you come up with.......

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be interesting to see what you come up with.......

I placed the one in the pic 1/4 mile downstream of the dam in hopes that when the generators are active, sediment will be stirred up. I placed another between 2 pilings another 1/2 mile downstream. I will collect and burn the burlap pictured next Sunday. The other, I will collect in 2 weeks and compare results, if any. Wish I had fish oil instead of vaseline

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Water temps should be warm enough there that it shouldn't matter too much.

...Is it next Sunday yet?!?!? :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here in California if you put petroleum product in the water with fish i think you may get arrested.

in California you may get arrested for putting Water in the water with Fish & giving them Cancer :laughing7:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
in California you may get arrested for putting Water in the water with Fish & giving them Cancer :laughing7:
In californica all elements of life are know to cause or can cause cancer ........this product will expose you to *******, a chemical known to the State of California to cause [cancer, and] birth defects or other reproductive harm........

Can't wait for that state to fall off.....The lower half anyway.........................
:laughing7:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So would apricot work or do you need strawberry?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread