How is AMRA Spending Your Donations?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I do agree that if it weren't for the groups that agreed for a nano second to back Brandon and focus for a second, the word would have not been spread so well. To bad during the wait on the Supreme Court they're back out chasing squirrels and unicorns.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
For those of you that don't subscribe to the ICMJ mining journal, Here's a link to one of their articles on how well mining districts can work to the benefit of their members..... Proof Mining Districts Work! - ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal!

And another how just HOW districts work and their powers when it comes to government decisions on mining.... Mining Districts: A Short Review of Legal Authorities - ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal

If you don't subscribe to the ICMJ mag... you really need to IMHO. Be sure to get the electronic subscription as well as the printed one. That gives you access to back issues galore!

G.I.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catching squirrels, unicorns and unobtainium is such a relaxing endeavor after attending yet another court hearing or waiting for a decision,,,, grin,,, sorry,,,, had to.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AMRA has given Brandon our personal guarantee that his family will not be financially burdened by his case. If his case goes down in a ball of flames nobody will ever be "back in the water" and the cancer will spread to every state and if we had not funded the case it would have been all over a long time ago. The only lawyer being paid on Brandon's side is Buchal and after looking at his bills I think he is only charging for about 1/4 of his time actually put in on the case. Now, the States lawyers,,,, well your tax dollars are paying them,,,, so ,,,, ya.

I'm sorry, but Brandon has already lost. The money wasted backing THIS case could have been used to EDUCATE the public and our politicians. I still don't understand why Pat Keene didn't send HIS lawyers to take care of this. I guess they can sell their water stuff overseas, and jam oversized drywashers and highbankers down new miner's throats.

Doesn't ANYBODY question why the "Industry" hasn't taken this problem to task? And don't try and say they have. Some articles that nobody reads and a couple of donations don't cut it. Now, my memory may be shot, but didn't this whole mess get started because of the New 49's? Now they are making themselves out to be our saviors aren't they?

It's all moot anyway. Kalifornian's have cut their own throats by voting in the mean greenies. They have already won. We can whine and throw pennies at lawyers, or we can get smart and start a public relations campaign that includes educating school kids and their parents. It is called "indoctrination," and the green meanies have been doing it since the early seventies. Wake up! Sixty-or-so bearded buffoons in overalls meeting to discuss who is going to spend a couple thousand dollars where is just a nice night out for the 60-people that show up. It accomplishes NOTHING. Just like the EXPENSIVE trip to Washington DC a couple AMRA officials enjoyed a while back. Ill-planned, ill-advised, and a complete waste of donated funds.

If you want to save "Recreational" and "Small" mining, you better start promoting it the RIGHT way. Get rid of the anger and shouting "It's Our Right!," and start promoting it as our children's and grandchildren's rights, and an American tradition that helped to build and settle this Country. No more "Old Bearded Prospector" types! We need to show diversity and appeal to a broader base.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Terry But, I just will not Agree that the new 49ers "started" it. If it wasn't for them being one of the first groups to fight for dredging and one of the few that remain from the beginning why ? Because Dave did know they would need money I can't blame him for not going out and getting a job as a janitor or football coach to create the needed funds.Dave has had ample opportunity to jump ship and go overseas.

Do groups make poor decisions? Yep. But I have to say its not like were talking about a group failing because they did all the right things and had all the money needed. It's been a pretty unfair uphill battle with the smallest participation of a population base that is a mere .00000001% of the states population in the first place.

There sure are a few old bearded dude too many and a few of them sure like to point out how much they used to fight and lump on those that still want to be involved. Brandons case can still have a major impact. saying he has lost already is not accurate.

We definitely need outreach and education of non prospectors. And a proactive approach with dealing with the legislature and agencies. I feel it needs to start at the community level.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where is the "Industry" and their lawyers? Where is the NMA? Member List "Small" miners better start thinking "Big," or they are toast! :skullflag:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. the main focus of any group leader should be reaching out to these lobby groups and industry org. Not letting some non claim holder form a new council that relies on claim owners and asking people to support it with new donations.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NMA used to be the American mining congress and in 1995 merged with the national coal association and mostly focus on big mining
independent miners are now represented by AMEA https://www.miningamerica.org/about/corporate-members/

You had it right the first time its the lawyers that profit, its been the lawyers all along they have taken over the government
just like the KKK tried to do in the 1920's if you want to attack the head get them out of policy making positions, 42 U.S.C. 1983 Overview

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like the EXPENSIVE trip to Washington DC a couple AMRA officials enjoyed a while back. Ill-planned, ill-advised, and a complete waste of donated funds.

PLP and MMAC are the people that went on that Washington trip. This is the second time I have had to clear up a statement about what AMRA is supporting.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Washington DC, Papua New Guinea, six-of-one, half-a-dozen of another. :occasion14:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
If we cant educate the public into whats really at stake then you cant change anything at the voteing booth to get the sympathetic green wacoenviromentalists from getting into or out of office in the first place . Either get involved or shut up and bite your lip !!:BangHead:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have the right to waste our time and money any way we see fit. God Bless America! :occasion14:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So been trying hard to keep my mouth shut but I just cant help it.. I see so many people fall victim to these money hungry orgs..
Anyway we seem to have an active AMRA board member present..

Well please tell me .. How have you benifited the mining community? Awareness? what results have the community gotten for their buck?
Other then stake claims and put out worthless mining forms? What have you done? please get off the Brandon train. Lots of good men and women have given to the cause and don't harp and harp on it.. I'm glad you doin right by Brandon but truthfully as much as you guys reinforce the point its gets a little unnerving.. You like to make people think that AMRA has done so much but in truth its is only AMRA who is constantly seeking reconition and more donations ..
So I ask again what has AMRA done to educate the community? Or does one have to only look at AMRAs facebook page and their YouTube vids to know that the gist of it.. A joke A hussle Propaganda.
Ill tell you my thoughts.. AMRA is a joke.. Like MMAC .. You say you don't support MMAC ? I say you are a liar.. Look at your valued partners all MMAC partners.. U GIVE TO AMRA U GIVE TO MMAC. AMRA SAYS ANYTHING AS LONG AS ITS CONVEINANT.. AMRA HAS OUTDONE EVERY MINING CLUB IN FUNDRAISING AND DONATIONS... THATS ALL THEY DO IS FUNDRAISE.. GETS OLD DOESNT.

Anyway you say the overseas trips wasn't out of AMRA funds I say SHANNON POE couldn't find enough gold to pay for a cab ride let alone a trip to another country...
I can back my words in gold.. I sincerely Doubt AMRA could do the same!!!!!

T

Tuolumne

Amra has recent Facebook post for volunteer to place corner markers on thier paper claims!
What a joke! They sit on lr2000 and jump others claims then ask for people to go mark the corners after the fact!
Amra helped the Route 66 gold club president Tatum paper claim and jump my neighbors claim, instead of helping him get his paperwork strait, Amra told the other gold club to file since it was inactive. They knew he had problems with paper work from his dad passing, good job Amra taking a dead mans family claim before they could get it figured out.... i went to check my post and route 66 tatums "new " claims, they were not up and it's been a year already !
That should be illegal.... Paper claim miners have a special place in the next afterlife:)
They go up once a year from 500 miles away and still don't put up proper markings...
How can we take Amra serious if they don't take claims seriously, then they file small miners waiver and pay 10$ and get off easy....what a joke- most clubs are just this way. How can miners be taken Seriously if they all do the same scam?
And now I will get contacted by my neighbors for talking bad about Amra and they will say how much he helped Brandon......
Amra high graded my claim last October, dug next to Indian grinding rock from antiquity and all they got was fool gold lol!
Dont be fooled by clubs and thier paper claims!

There must be more miners with complaints like mine, who else has been scammed by the AMRA-amataure miners really suck club?
Amateur miners really scam club
Amateur mine rights of another club
Another miner ripe off another's club
Lol
I introduced myself to my new paper claim 66 route club and signed up for his club but was strangely denied to his free mailing list. Thanks for being good neighbor Route 66 and Amra
I'm sure they can't wait till I fudge my paperwork so they can get to my unworked benches they drooled over lol

One last question and please if you are a real honest club, list your yearly expenses and fees from the taxes of your non profit. What do u have to hide?
Be honest with where the donations go, if you board members are all volunteers you should have no problem volunteering that info!
Amra board members, where did the money go?

Lets get back to the original post the the Amra board member never answered

Where do those donations go?

Waiting for a real miner from said group to address the mining community on this simple request

Ps- mad marshal maybe Shannon does have some gold but he buried it in his rose bushes!!!
That was the most funny video I saw, I'm not donating to people who high bank rose bushes and spend time making video of it for thier club members to drool over! lol

Last edited:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mad marshal maybe Shannon does have some gold but he buried it in his rose bushes!!!
That was the most funny video I saw, I'm not donating to people who high bank rose bushes and spend time making video of it for thier club members to drool over! lol

TuolomneTodd
The vid you are talking about its the greatest vid AMRA has put out.. It really shows exactly how much AMRA knows about about gold mining. Anyone who knows anything knows that vid is full of crap.. Or the more likely alterinitive is that SHANNON knows very little about actual gold mining.. Or maybe all his vids are sauced scripted and make believe.. Whatever the case I find it sad that these are the people that people look to learn how to become successful prospectors/miners. Poor fools never had a chance with rolemodels like these.

Enjoy

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I LOVE IT! "Hi folks, I'm a moron that throws away gold because I don't know what I'm doing, but I know enough to start an organization that throws YOUR money away!" :dontknow:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not having a clue what some of you are talking about...I went searching...
for anyone else that has no clue either?:laughing7:
Here's a link to the organization..

https://americanminingrights.com/

I thought the above video was funny in a way! That would be my luck!!!, and it shows this is just an average guy that is still learning too? Anyone can make mistakes, type of thing...Whether it was staged or not who knows...Doesn't really matter...

Other than that..I don't really know enough background to have an Opinion...:dontknow: It does seem like a push for claims and claim use that is what you are getting? But I have no clue how any of these groups operate to be able to compare..

Hey! If what they are doing is legal? And someone wants to join there cause? Sounds great!

But again...I don't know anymore about this group, this thread is the first time I checked into it..

Last edited:

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the anger that has been expressed by the few I will choose not to argue with them on the particulars, after all they are entitled to there opinion, even if they form their opinions in ignorance and they would not take me at my word anyway.

For everyone else I encourage you look into very closely who you choose to make any donation to, there certainly are organizations that raise funds for fraudulent purposes or personal gain. (like the Sierra Fund) Before you part with your hard earned cash do your homework. Form 990's are public information and available for all non-profit organizations,,,, look them up. I am the biggest cheapskate on TN (just ask my wife) I do not give my donation dollars lightly (just ask my wife) and I certainly would not donate 40+ hours a week and all of my vacation time on an organization that uses the very limited donation dollars unwisely.

To be frank, the mining community needs your time, attention and involvement more than money. I am probably preaching to the choir here at TN as most all of you are involved in one way or another.

I must say it again,,,, look up AMRA,,,, look up PLP,,, look up MMAC,,,, look up WMA,,,, look up GPAA,,,, look up the New 49ers. Don't waste your time and money. If you don't believe that AMRA is using your money wisely,,,, I, for one, don't want your money.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...I must say it again,,,, look up AMRA,,,, look up PLP,,, look up MMAC,,,, look up WMA,,,, look up GPAA,,,, look up the New 49ers. Don't waste your time and money. If you don't believe that AMRA is using your money wisely,,,, I, for one, don't want your money.

First, trying to identify AMRA with the Gold Prospectors Association of America (GPAA), is disingenuous at best. Second, AMRA, MMAC, and PLP are leaches on the Small and Recreational mining community, taking money away from educating politicians and the general public, and promoting small mining and recreational mining as a core American pillar this Country was built on, and a wholesome pastime for the entire family using green mining methods in the great outdoors.

Paying a few lawyers to lose cases does NOTHING for the vast majority of small and recreational miners. :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread