A good man has passed on

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Huge loss to that forum! Great source of knowledge.

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm raising a glass to his new peace.

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Anyone here know "Gypsy John Bryant". He was a character. He owned a nice ranch on the S. Yuba River near the little town of Washington, CA. He became rich when he found an enormous gold nugget in N. Arizona with a MD. He found it at the King Tut diggings. He was "the man in black" and wore a hat with silver dollars around the brim, and he claimed to have run all the meth heads out of the area with the sheriff. Him and his wife, Sandy, adopted three little girls who had parents sent up for heroin crimes. A few years ago, they split up, and he wandered off somewhere. He hired some dredgers to work his part of the river, and they took out a lot of nuggets, then some thief sold them behind his back! He vowed vengeance upon them.

I saw a picture of him with the nugget, and it was at least two feet wide!!!!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the great divide, RIP and special prayers to those he left behind....

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a very sad day for sure. Larry was always there to help any of new miners on his forum. i wish his family well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread