Croc Gold? new DSC show tonight 11/30

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just caught it on demand last night. The scene in which Farley, who's supposedly made his living as a professional miner in Alaska, is test panning the creek (with his back to to the water/man-eating crocodiles).....did you guys see him trying to use a gold pan?! [emoji23] Monkey => football.

What a croc.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahah saw last night, what a hoot. Worst dredging I ever saw in the most ungodly area I ever saw. Gotta be crazy to play with crocs and malaria and tribal chiefs....insanity-John

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I had to have a look my self; not really what I expected. They claim all this mining experience but what, have no experience prospecting. Its only my hobby and my set up is far better.

From what I have seen so far I think they are only there to churn up and cultivate the riverbed, I really do not think they are after gold.

Not sure what they are after just yet, but it is not gold, no way its gold.

What about operating cost, exactly how much does it cost the owner to run his operation compared to hiring a few toddlers locally that have forgotten more about gold than this clown will learn. Seems cost effective to me, considering they are not getting any gold.

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so I taped it just to see what it was about. Standard fair of drama with a gold as the stage. I'm surprised they weren't worried about dredging up some WWII stuff that would go boom on them. Still like Yukon Gold the best
I liked Yukon Gold also, but I have not see any news ones in a while. Did they take it off

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I DVR'd an episode that was on last night...watched it this morning...sorta.

Did watch the first 15 min, then began fast-forwarding looking for something
of merit..not much there really but a bunch of people flailing at their attempts in
finding gold. Hell, they couldn't even keep their pumps primed.

Saw a total of about 5 min. of mining, and 55 min. of commercials and
scripted drama...you know, the kind where every little hangnail means
they're all gonna die...:laughing7:

Definitely a "B Grade" prospecting show, at best. Won't be wasting any
more time with it.

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to see some gold, very traumatic yelling at the tv, they dont know what they are doing,
those don't look like twin 23hp motors, what no Gast compressor. dredging sand...
NOT a 23hp
croc_gold.jpg

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch the show the first time, last night. Not interesting in watching it again. Boring. Good hunting and good luck.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well when I wake up at 3-4 oclock in the morning and cant go back to sleep I gotta watch something! BUT a diver that's NOT a dredger and loads up a 5 inch hose with blacksand and then they dump it back into the river without panning any of it is STUPID! They have some T-80s on their dredge yet they use scuba gear to dive and then run out of air in 15 mins. ? and then quit for the day?? I don't doubt that theres gold in that river , BUT I think they are going about it the wrong way! Frustration plus 2 cups of coffee help me wake up in the early AM......

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last mining company there had all their large pit mine trucks torched and burned to the ground.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
In the last show they made a BIG deal out of the "belt" for the "pump" was lose and they couldn't suck up the sand.................so they tightened it ????????????????????? Clearly they were tightening the air pump belt ,so what are they trying to pull over on this inept ability or lack of knowledge about their equipment. Just another show that raises my blood pressure ! They make a big deal out of their leader being a gold prospector from Alaska and their skin diver being used as a dredger and the story keeps going! What a line of made up ..............................stuff!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumb de dumb de dumb......I remember Russ pumping more gravel than all their attempts combined in a single afternoon at Douglas creek with a 4" AND NOT A VILLAGE OF HELPERS EITHER hahaha what a hoot as giving dredgers a bad name albeit it's squat now-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
John , I'm trying to make it to Douglas Creek this Summer. Im bring 2 dredges if you have a chance to make it??? Leonard will make it if his wife is doing ok! This might be my last round up!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be a hoot but I'm leaving the tent at home as thar she blows in that ungodly place hahaha memories-trailer or camper mandatory....John

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like not enough ratings, last 3 episodes on comcast ondemand
they finally find gold in episode 6 I'll watch 7 & 8 tomorrow :treasurechest:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just got here in NH. It's a lot like Gold Rush. I've only seen 3 episodes enough for me! Gee let's leave our very expensive equipment in a strange country, in a river overnight. Sound familiar?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread