Tom & Kia in Ga.

sherm

Feb 8, 2017
mt jewett pa
Detector(s) used
minelab eurka gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say, I was wondering if anyone has seen a gold prospecting show on the Loud Mine in Ga. filmed 2014. Tom Massey and daughter Kia and crew filmed a show on highbanking and dredging in feb. or early march. I was the only one there other than the care takers. The day was a cold and snowy one as I recall. After filming the dredging operation, they came over to where I was working to film with Kia highbanking. Tom had dug with a huge excavator in a spot hoping to find some wire gold. They brought over several 5 gal pails of material, but after running it, we never found a speck. One thing I noticed about Kia, was her beautiful teeth and smile. While we chatted away, I told her of a small stone I had found, that had been etched by mother nature, that resembled a dog and was filled with mica. She said she would like to see it, so I took her over to my motorhome. She was quite pleased and amazed. After returning and talking some, Kia told me they were headed to the Florida keys to film a dive on an old shipwreck and take a crash course on scuba diving. You know, one thing I was puzzled about, they never asked my name or where I was from. Now I'm pretty sure if Perry were there he would have asked. So, my question is, was that show on the Loud mine ever aired? I would have been the one with the cowboy hat and beard and the drenched carhartt jacket. I don't get the outdoor channel, so I don't know if I'm a star or not. You know, I was told Tom Massey wasn't very friendly, but I had no problem talking with. We even shook hands. Hey! may you always have yellow in you pan. I mean Gold.

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I record them all and watch them when I have time and I haven't seen it! I just donated all my gpaa /gold show videos to our club here in Misery. I don't know what they did with them! Just never heard! maybe Ill ask the next meeting that I go to! well I guess your one of those8-) Kinda guys now!:icon_thumleft:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Say, I was wondering if anyone has seen a gold prospecting show on the Loud Mine in Ga. filmed 2014. Tom Massey and daughter Kia and crew filmed a show on highbanking and dredging in feb. or early march. I was the only one there other than the care takers. The day was a cold and snowy one as I recall. After filming the dredging operation, they came over to where I was working to film with Kia highbanking. Tom had dug with a huge excavator in a spot hoping to find some wire gold. They brought over several 5 gal pails of material, but after running it, we never found a speck. One thing I noticed about Kia, was her beautiful teeth and smile. While we chatted away, I told her of a small stone I had found, that had been etched by mother nature, that resembled a dog and was filled with mica. She said she would like to see it, so I took her over to my motorhome. She was quite pleased and amazed. After returning and talking some, Kia told me they were headed to the Florida keys to film a dive on an old shipwreck and take a crash course on scuba diving. You know, one thing I was puzzled about, they never asked my name or where I was from. Now I'm pretty sure if Perry were there he would have asked. So, my question is, was that show on the Loud mine ever aired? I would have been the one with the cowboy hat and beard and the drenched carhartt jacket. I don't get the outdoor channel, so I don't know if I'm a star or not. You know, I was told Tom Massey wasn't very friendly, but I had no problem talking with. We even shook hands. Hey! may you always have yellow in you pan. I mean Gold.

I seem to remember seeing one filmed in GA somewhere and I think Tom and Kia both did some dredging in that one and it was cold at the time.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not in Georgia but...Tom and Kia are prospecting in the Denver Metro area on the latest episode of Gold Fever/Urban Prospecting. Looks like there are numerous repeats of the episode through the weekend on the outdoor network for those interested. They meet up with some locals who have various sluices, a couple of power sluices and one guy has a new Gold Hog Hog Pan. Not a bazooka to be seen. The usual pap but it was interesting to see some of what the Denver people have at their back door.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I watched that episode and thought Id see Kevin BUT ..............My eyes are getting to the point of NO RETURN ! But I didn't recognize anyone.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watched that episode and thought Id see Kevin BUT ..............My eyes are getting to the point of NO RETURN ! But I didn't recognize anyone.

I was outta town and am not a GPAA member so...double nope. I know some of those folks of course...nice people. That GPAA chapter does some cool stuff too. Not just panning with a guy who prefers clowning around to teaching. Kia, on the other hand, is cool.

However a bunch of us are meeting at the same spot this Saturday at 10. Arapahoe Bar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread