MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sharing a GPAA post by John Dorval

New Hampshire HB 591 An act relative to suction dredging in the surface waters of the state. [Bill Text] introduced by Rep Lee Oxenham.

This bill will prohibit the use of suction dredges, highbankers and rockerboxes in the state of New Hampshire. This bill has already passed the house vote and has been referred to the senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. There is yet to be a public hearing, the date has not been determined. I called the Aide to the committee yesterday and was informed that they want to go through the senate bills before getting into the house bills, this could be several business days it could be a week or a little more, what ever it may be it seems they want to move fast on it.

You can read the news article from the Concord Monitor here: Bill would halt dredging machinery in N.H. gold prospecting just copy and paste the link into your web browser to read it, warning it is full of BS.

Please contact the committee members and inform them that you oppose this bill and why. inform them that there have been scientific studies and reports performed on suction dredging and that they need to review this information before making a decision on this legislation. All legislation should be based on facts that are available. Not seeking out the facts on a matter is an injustice to the people of the state of New Hampshire. Below you will find a list of the committee members, please contact them.

NH Energy & Natural Resources Committee Members

Chairman: Senator Kevin Avard

Contact Information:
State House, Room 105-A
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301

Phone: 603-271-4151

Email: [email protected]

Vice Chairman: Senator Jeb Bradley

Contact Information:
State House, Room 302
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-2609

Senator Dan Innis

Contact Information:
State House, Room 115
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3077; cell: 603-285-1150
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]

Senator Martha Fuller Clark

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building, Room 102-A
33 North State Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3092

Senator Dan Feltes

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building 101-A 33 N State St
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3067

Aide:Griffin Roberge

Phone:271-2878

Upvote 0

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank you ALL for your support and ideas. I'm trying to put the pieces together for a plan. Right now the support is getting better it was a little sketchy to start. I would like to get as many pics of wild life and things we pick out of the water, ammo is a good thing! We need to present our side in a proper manner not looking like a bunch ammatures . You guy's here in NH can right letters to our senators listed in the beginning of the thread. When we get a little closer to the start of our season I'm sure we can get organized. I don't have problem with going to Concord with a group to represent us miners just don't want to be the only one there. Just want to be articulate and be able to prove everything we say as a group. :occasion14:

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a picture of the brook trout that spent the day with me while I was dredging in the Wild AM last year:
LxVxH1y.png

That trout seemed to love that I was stirring up sediment and making a hole for him/her to be protected in.

I have underwater GoPro video of that same trout if you need it nh.nugget. I posted it last year in one of my Wild AM threads.

- Brian

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU Brian! that's the type of proof I was looking for!! Anything like that is awesome I had a ton of pics but my other computer crashed lost it all. I've got some but I need more.

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I would like to get as many pics of wild life and things we pick out of the water, ammo is a good thing!...

This is from Oregon, but maybe this video about removing lead might be helpful:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Timberdoddle Rob any help you could get from the Maine Prospectors association. Would be great they have been thought this. And there is little time. I know its a ways to travel. And theres probably only one chance to get it right. Having a large group behind the fight. I think would get a lot more of a reaction. Not sure if any other group are involved yet.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to join the new England prospectors have yet to here back. Some of the miners I know in my area really don't care at least that's the way it seems. I can't do it all myself. I'm going to give it my best. I was raised if you believe in something don't be afraid to stand up for it.

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timberdoddle Rob any help you could get from the Maine Prospectors association. Would be great they have been thought this. And there is little time. I know its a ways to travel. And theres probably only one chance to get it right. Having a large group behind the fight. I think would get a lot more of a reaction. Not sure if any other group are involved yet.

The ball is rolling.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rob any help would be super. Looks look N.H Nugget is try to get something together. He knows a lot of the dredgers from N.H.So if you contact him he could let you know what is needed.Im just trying to help out.

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob any help would be super. Looks look N.H Nugget is try to get something together. He knows a lot of the dredgers from N.H.So if you contact him he could let you know what is needed.Im just trying to help out.

Thanks, We are in contact and I'm gathering information. The NHDES is supporting this bill and I read there letter of support. They have absolutely no clue of actual impacts of any of this equipment and the bill would also prohibit rocker boxes because they think they are "mechanical". I wish the dredge manufacturers would stop using ridiculously over-exaggerated Yards per Hour ratings. This is what also hurt us in Maine. When a legislator is told that a 4" dredge can move 5 (Keene)-12(proline) yards per hour then coming in with a "study" showing minor impact has little impression on their mindset. I contacted Keene and Proline last year about this and basically got nowhere but Mark Keene was very understanding and passed it up to marketing. Jeff at Proline doesn't care a hoot and based his 12YPH on running concrete through the venturi/suction line. What this has to do with a sluice is beyond comprehension. These guys need to understand that there own false marketing is affecting prospectors state by state.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Timberdoodle! I'm glad I got to talk to you. You got my head reeling there is a lot to this! But on the good side people are starting to come together. I still going to Concord If I'm allowed to speak due to time constraints? I will stand up for us miners to the end. If the amount of people show that looks like from what I've heard through the grapevine? Hey this season I want to make one of outings! If you could give me a heads-up I'd appreciate it.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this a public hearing? If so I'll be there. and I'll spread the word.

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, It's a public hearing. Bring ten copies of your testimony to provide to the committee aid if you want your testimony in the public record. Address the committee as Senator Avard, (Chairman )and members of the Energy and Natural Resources committee.

Helpful information on testifying to a committee. New Hampshire Senate

Nugget- I am putting together a packet of information that I will submit and I will send you a copy later today.

Last edited:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Get the people who run Twin River Campground involved. They are members of an association of NH outdoor businesses and camps. Also, motel and restaurant associations as many prospectors eat and stay overnight at motels, etc. You have to pull out all the stops and do it yesterday and not tomorrow.

I called them. Talked to Scott and they are on it.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By some of the input I'm receiving there should be a good turn out on Tuesday. Now hopefully the guberment will listen to us.

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, It's a public hearing. Bring ten copies of your testimony to provide to the committee aid if you want your testimony in the public record. Address the committee as Senator Avard, (Chairman )and members of the Energy and Natural Resources committee.

Helpful information on testifying to a committee. New Hampshire Senate

Nugget- I am putting together a packet of information that I will submit and I will send you a copy later today.

I made a mistake, you don't need to address the vice chairman by name. I updated post. Sorry for the screwup. in Maine we have 2 chairman on committees House and Senate.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Question did any of the N.H permitted Dredgers. Receive a notice of the proposed ban. And hearings and legislation. I would hope so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread