MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
4 inch Dredge
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sharing a GPAA post by John Dorval

New Hampshire HB 591 An act relative to suction dredging in the surface waters of the state. [Bill Text] introduced by Rep Lee Oxenham.

This bill will prohibit the use of suction dredges, highbankers and rockerboxes in the state of New Hampshire. This bill has already passed the house vote and has been referred to the senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. There is yet to be a public hearing, the date has not been determined. I called the Aide to the committee yesterday and was informed that they want to go through the senate bills before getting into the house bills, this could be several business days it could be a week or a little more, what ever it may be it seems they want to move fast on it.

You can read the news article from the Concord Monitor here: Bill would halt dredging machinery in N.H. gold prospecting just copy and paste the link into your web browser to read it, warning it is full of BS.

Please contact the committee members and inform them that you oppose this bill and why. inform them that there have been scientific studies and reports performed on suction dredging and that they need to review this information before making a decision on this legislation. All legislation should be based on facts that are available. Not seeking out the facts on a matter is an injustice to the people of the state of New Hampshire. Below you will find a list of the committee members, please contact them.

NH Energy & Natural Resources Committee Members

Chairman: Senator Kevin Avard

Contact Information:
State House, Room 105-A
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301

Phone: 603-271-4151

Email: [email protected]

Vice Chairman: Senator Jeb Bradley

Contact Information:
State House, Room 302
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-2609

Senator Dan Innis

Contact Information:
State House, Room 115
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3077; cell: 603-285-1150
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]

Senator Martha Fuller Clark

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building, Room 102-A
33 North State Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3092

Senator Dan Feltes

Contact Information:
Legislative Office Building 101-A 33 N State St
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-3067

Aide:Griffin Roberge

Phone:271-2878

Upvote 0

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did not get any notice about the hearing, and like No Gold I've also held a permit for the last 2 years.
- Brian

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
From Scott at Twin Rivers...

Hello All,

We wanted to inform you that there is a Public NH Senate Hearing coming up on March 21st 2017. It is at 10AM at the New Hampshire State House, first floor, Room 103. This is in regards to the HB 591 that Representative Lee Oxenham (d) put forward to the NH House and was passed in February to eliminate Gold Suction Dredging in New Hampshire. It has been passed on to the Energy and Natural Resources Committee. This Senate hearing will be public, so we hope that as many of you, as are able, will show up and express your thoughts on this recreational hobby that we all love. We would like to have a good showing at this hearing and show them that we are a respectful group of prospectors that just want to enjoy our hobby. We take care of the river and watch over others so that no one is ruining this hobby for anyone else. We know some won’t be able to come but you can email those that are on the board of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

Chairman – Senator Kevin Avard (R-Nashua)

[email protected] 603-271-4151

Vice Chairman – Senator Jeb Bradley (R-Wolfeboro)

[email protected] 603-271-2609

Others on the committee

Senator Dan Innis (R-New Castle)

[email protected]

Senator Martha Fuller Clark (D-Portsmouth) – She is sponsoring this bill

[email protected]

Senator Dan Feltes (D-Concord)

[email protected]

We hope to have a good showing at this and make our voices heard. The last meeting that the House had on this was all of 35 minutes long. It seems as if the House didn’t have an interest in discussion about this, as none of them know much about it. Hopefully we will be able to express and teach those in the Senate about this hobby. To have someone just pass a bill that they know nothing about is not right, and we need to educate them before they take away this recreational hobby.

Please respectfully show your support – March 21st 2017 @ 10:00AM at the NH State House in Concord.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're gonna give it our best. I want to get a photo of the group to post I'll keep you all in the loop. It's time to get ready to fight the good fight!

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've sent all the senators emails. I hope it helps.
- Brian

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TODAY IS THE DAY!!! We are going to Concord it's time to give our input! I hope that we have a lot of support at the capitol today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions