DEVILS CANYON on Discovery Channel.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a little while since I've been around. Got moved to the night shift at work and that has really hindered my prospecting and I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks. Well yesterday I got an email from Discovery Channel about when the teaser/trailers will be airing for the show I will be on called "Devils Canyon". First one is on May 17th during the airing of "The Last Alaskans". I am nervous like you wouldnt believe. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. 6 weeks completely alone in the British Columbia bush, surviving and mining gold. No film crew, just me, filming myself the entire time. You get me, in the raw struggling like I have never done before.

But how did "The Goose" react............(you should have seen the people in the park......LOL!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tuesdays won't be the same now that the show is done

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow...I'm wondering after watching this last episode, if there will be a stampede of folks into the area to try to get some of that for themselves. I know if I lived close by, I would!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area is already known and has been mined for years that's why you can see logging cuts roads and reclaimed areas in the overfly shots. Literally anywhere in Western Canada that had historical mining isn't harder to get to nowadays and has current commercial operations.

Any rush is late to the game at this point in Canada.

Just like The U.S. Mining and Logging opened vast areas of remote land in Canada. The transportation infrastructure is well in place. Silver and copper out produce gold . With coal being the major mineral resource.

Just like the U.S. Enviros gripe about the old out dated laws that give mining major rights.

Hundreds of thousands of acres are under mineral claim and producing they have been for decades
pew-mineral-claims-map-boreal.jpg

https://opentextbc.ca/geography/chapter/5-3-british-columbias-natural-resources/

Bgm1.jpg

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter/2011/Majors-Rediscovering-British-Columbia_files/bcmap.pdf

Gold Mining Companies in British Columbia: Major Producers | Investing News Network

Mining companies in B.C. have been pulling gold from the ground for decades. In amounts that make a t.v show that plopped down for a month and a half have very little chance of reaching the starting a gold rush level.

Just like here in the U.S. you can file a claim or buy one and give it a shot. You will be way behind thousands of other miners however as this is nothing new in B.C.

The solo survival get into backwoods drama aspect of the show actually hindered the amount that could be recovered. There are better ways to get more gold In Canada.

But, that wasn't the premise of the show or the intent of the producers.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow...I'm wondering after watching this last episode, if there will be a stampede of folks into the area to try to get some of that for themselves. I know if I lived close by, I would!

Same thing I thought.
Thousands flocked to Nome after viewing Bearing Sea Gold. I can picture at least a hundred or two headed for Devils Canyon.

GG~

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finally great show. I will watch that 8 days a week over the other dribble thats on TV. News is unwatchable these days beacuse of our domestic politics errrrr corruption. Sports is all we have left. Other then that its crap like game of thrones,walking dead and twillight!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any guesses as to which river in the Cariboo?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Boyce! Congrats on the take, most of us could only dream of what you did! Very well done, hope to see you on the local rivers again soon ol Goose.

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just finished catching up on the last episode. I have to or say I thoroughly enjoyed the show! What can you talk about now Boyce? Are you able to go back? Would you want to with a small crew of men the way John talked about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished catching up on the last episode. I have to or say I thoroughly enjoyed the show! What can you talk about now Boyce? Are you able to go back? Would you want to with a small crew of men the way John talked about?

Right now there isnt much to talk about. Im just waiting to find out if the how gets renewed or not. Id rather take a crew with me, it would make an interesting dynamic.

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now there isnt much to talk about. Im just waiting to find out if the how gets renewed or not. Id rather take a crew with me, it would make an interesting dynamic.

The show better get renewed, who do I have to call over and over again to see that it happens? Way better than any gold show on that I have seen

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know , I would have liked you more if you didn't have the turd hoffman beard

sabretooth

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2006
If you where 12 years old you might believe the amount of gold they got ! I would bet they did not find any gold themselves you do not find nugget gold on a the surface on a river bar ,and the old guy with a garden trowel what a joke. and the ice on the river was spring ice build up not ice in the fall . I watched it and liked it but I do not believe it, it reminded me of the walking dead

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ah a doubter in our midst

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you where 12 years old you might believe the amount of gold they got ! I would bet they did not find any gold themselves you do not find nugget gold on a the surface on a river bar ,and the old guy with a garden trowel what a joke. and the ice on the river was spring ice build up not ice in the fall . I watched it and liked it but I do not believe it, it reminded me of the walking dead
And if you are 61 year old with more than 50 years of mining experience you'd believe it too as I do. Your lack of experience is guiding your opinions, sad. Can a gold nugget be right on top of a gravel bar, you better believe it can, I have found them and seen others find them. Can you mine with just a trowel and pan and be successful, yes. It is all in your mindset, you mine by the tools you bring, if you bring a highbanker you think differently than if you bring a pan.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Lets see.....????? A buck shot with horns (if I remember right?) and big barren river bars in the springtime runoff.......hmmmmmm?????? Now I do remember seeing the snake they added that was obviously taken from the Naked & Afraid show and so out-of-place. Speaking of Naked & Afraid......I did see a naked Goose and That was sooooo WRONG.....lmao!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread