DEVILS CANYON on Discovery Channel.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a little while since I've been around. Got moved to the night shift at work and that has really hindered my prospecting and I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks. Well yesterday I got an email from Discovery Channel about when the teaser/trailers will be airing for the show I will be on called "Devils Canyon". First one is on May 17th during the airing of "The Last Alaskans". I am nervous like you wouldnt believe. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. 6 weeks completely alone in the British Columbia bush, surviving and mining gold. No film crew, just me, filming myself the entire time. You get me, in the raw struggling like I have never done before.

But how did "The Goose" react............(you should have seen the people in the park......LOL!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goose!!! can't wait to see it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so those posts looking for people to be on TV were legit?...dang it. lol..

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so those posts looking for people to be on TV were legit?...dang it. lol..

Yes they were very legit. If I would have known what I was in for I probably wouldnt have done it.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of our own lands a show on the Discovery Channel and its crickets!?...

Goose you should have posted a thread about mining law, land status or wether or not the ASRA is hands and pans. Then maybe all the people who seem to find time to post 24/7 might chime in with their expert opinions, lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of our own lands a show on the Discovery Channel and its crickets!?...

Goose you should have posted a thread about mining law, land status or wether or not the ASRA is hands and pans. Then maybe all the people who seem to find time to post 24/7 might chime in with there expert opinions, lol

Most people here don't like these types of shows because of "drama". This one will be different. The only person out there with me to argue or fight with was myself.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did they set you up to charge batteries? Or fly production gear in and out?

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
looks good ...pity I don't have Discovery ... would like to see the show.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go....
Doc

Thanks for posting that Doc. I was airborne for most of my day yesterday.

I got home and had a chance to actually see it on a screen bigger than my laptop. I cant tell you how strange it feels to see and hear yourself on TV.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks great!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Holy Shoot! The goose is on the picture box! Nice Job!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread