Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: 2017 Annual Claims filings

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    Whites GMT Garret fully underwater
    2045 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    It's that time again. The August 31 deadline to make your required annual mining claims filings is only a month away.

As she does every year Ruby has compiled general guidelines and a graphic flow chart to help claim owners understand their annual obligations. If you are confused about the process or just want a refresher review these could help make the process clearer.

These are a free PDF download. Feel free to share, distribute or print these out as long as you retain the attribution.

General Guidelines

Flow Chart

Whatever you do don't be late. You will lose your claim if your filings aren't on time.

Heavy Pans
    Time to bump this to the forefront

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    9439 times
    Prospecting
    Time for a new one Brian. That will be ready on August 1 just like in past years.

Heavy Pans
    okbasspro and Bejay like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10863 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    got my envelope two days ago
    Clay Diggins and Bejay like this.

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1717 times
    Prospecting
    I have been thinking about my paperwork but blowing it off. When I read this post I finally just sat down and did it...thank you
    Bejay and KevinInColorado like this.

us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    2045 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    I have been thinking about my paperwork but blowing it off. When I read this post I finally just sat down and did it...thank you
    I always intend to get er done early and before I know it August is upon me and then I have to get all the signatures of my mining partners on various claims to sign docs. And then it becomes a last minute rush. So I am with you on that Bonaro. The wording/dates on the waiver always throws me for a curve.

Bejay

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1717 times
    Prospecting
    I know it, happens every year. I start thing about it in may and that's when I get real busy. I have come in just under the wire a couple times. I have even saved all the docs on my computer so all I need to do is change the dates and file but ****, its still tedious. Plus this year the filing fees have increased. $99 to file one page is ridiculous. It should be easier to pay your rent
    Bejay likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10863 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    I know it, happens every year. I start thing about it in may and that's when I get real busy. I have come in just under the wire a couple times. I have even saved all the docs on my computer so all I need to do is change the dates and file but ****, its still tedious. Plus this year the filing fees have increased. $99 to file one page is ridiculous. It should be easier to pay your rent

Did Washington add a recording tax also?

us
    Brian

Mar 2014
    Central Oregon Coast
    2045 times
    Prospecting
    I can't answer the Wash recording issue but here in Oregon the County recorder is the one who records docs for claims and each county is different on the fee they charge to record. Each county gets quite imaginative in creating a fee for recording. Each filing for claims are done at/in the county the claims are located....so no set "one shoe fits all approach"

Bejay
    Last edited by Bejay; Jul 14, 2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links