Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Project Of The Year Casting Pump Keene Aluminium

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ru
    Oct 2017
    Россия
    69 times
    Metal Detecting
    Assembler, caught solid, like asphalt or concrete. water does not wash away
    I know English badly. I communicate through Google translator.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    196 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    Would a drawing of a Gold Diver pump be ok? They are way out of business and have similar performance. Poor guy is looking for a winter project, he has stated multiple times that he wants a DIY project lol.
    Yes this drawing would work well to show the centrifical water pump. What this one is trying to communicate is the idea of going much bigger then the current 2 1/2"-4" trash type of water pumps. A good engine size to start with will be 6 cylinders in size, go 8 cylinders if he can. Will have a hard time wearing out or keeping up with the water flow of this size pump on a trailer that can be dragged around with the back hoe. It the pump is to much to start with just run the engine a little above idle speed. As the operation grows the increment speed of the water pump goes up. Do not know about any regulations in Russia. Some one may need to take a look at that.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    277 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold divers pump.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	1503773
    Aleksandrr likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    196 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandrr View Post
    Assembler, caught solid, like asphalt or concrete. water does not wash away
    Higher pressure then 150 PSI. may be needed. However try a water nozzle with more then one opening or nozzle first to help free up the rocks. The higher water flow will work well on the softer peat and smaller gravel for sure.
    The best way to get higher PSI pressure is to stack two pumps together for freeing up the harder layers of rocks.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    196 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold divers pump.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	1503773
    If one stacks inline two of these water pumps is how you get a higher PSI. working pressure for blasting. Still this only frees up rocks only water volume will move lots of yards of sand and rocks.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

us
    Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    277 times
    Prospecting
    If Hydrauliking is the game you should check out Vortxrex.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

ru
    Oct 2017
    Россия
    69 times
    Metal Detecting
    N-Lionberger, you will be able to do the drawings? or do you sell?

us
    Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    277 times
    Prospecting
    The pumps up at my claim, next trip in a week or so I'll pull measurements and make a drawing for you.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

ru
    Oct 2017
    Россия
    69 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'll be waiting! thank you good people))))

us
    Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    277 times
    Prospecting
    Should be a cool project.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    196 times
    Prospecting
    The pumps up at my claim, next trip in a week or so I'll pull measurements and make a drawing for you.
    Thank you N-Lionberger for jumping in.
    Wonder if a simple water pipe probe can be made and just probe the pipe in and out of the different sand and gravel layers? The higher pressures may not be needed. Looks like the current trash pumps feed into one or more nozzles. Just weld up a long pipe probe with many holes in it. Heck the probe can be mounted to the back hoe tractor if needed more support. Some thing to work on over the winter.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

us
    Frank

Jun 2013
    Jefferson City, Tennessee
    JW Fisher Pulse 8X; Minelab CTX 3030 & Sovereign Elite; White's GMT, Beach Hunter Id, Surf PI, Coinmaster Classic II, 6000 Di S2, an old GM 66-T with 5 coils & GM 65-T with 3 coils.
    4071 times
    Gold and Gem prospecting & Error/Variety Coin Research/Searching/Consulting and Collecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandrr View Post
    Looks like you are working some ancient Tertiary/Alluvial stream beds.

Frank
    Aleksandrr likes this.
    U.S. Army Veteran (Nov. 27, 1972 to Mar. 30, 1978) and Federal Government Employee (Nov. 19, 1978 to Jul. 30, 2011), now retired with a total Federal Service of 38 years and 15 days. I am a Coin Collector, Searcher & Researcher at heart with main interests in Error & Variety Coins. I also love Gold and Gem Prospecting, Metal Detecting when and where I can, Ginseng and Herb Hunting, Long Range Shooting, Hunting and Fishing as well as research on Spanish Shipwrecks.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    196 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Looks like you are working some ancient Tertiary/Alluvial stream beds.
    Frank
    Yes would be nice to have in one's own back yard right?
    Aleksandrr likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    196 times
    Prospecting
    The pipe probe should have 1 - 2 small holes on the very end to help cut into the compressed sands and gravels. The rest of the probe pipe should have holes every 1 - 2 inches. Just put a shutoff valve on the prob so turn on and off the water flow. There are two pumps there already just make some pipe probes for these two pumps.
    Aleksandrr likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2015
    Wisconsin
    Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube
    701 times
    Shipwrecks
    I like this guy... I've had the good fortune to call a few (3-2) Russians " friends" in the last 40 years and I'll tell ya...they are a great and unique people.. If this guy says he wants to cast his own pump ...don't sell him short. Odds are he WILL do it.
    I don't have a Keene pump..but I will be watching this thread to see how it proceeds. Good luck Sasha!!!

Ag

Мне нравится этот парень ... Мне повезло назвать несколько (3-2) русских друзей за последние 40 лет, и я скажу вам ... они великие и уникальные люди .. Если этот парень говорит, что хочет бросить свой собственный насос ... не продавай его коротким. Скорее всего, он это сделает.
    У меня нет насоса Keene ... но я буду следить за этой нитью, чтобы узнать, как это происходит. Удачи Саше !!!
    N-Lionberger and Aleksandrr like this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links