Project Of The Year Casting Pump Keene Aluminium

Aleksandrr

Oct 11, 2017
Россия
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello overseas brothers! I'm from Russia.:hello: Who really needs your help ... Who has a water pump Keene eng? We need to remove all dimensions from it and draw the drawings. I will pay! I want to make myself this. It's very expensive to buy. also sanctions between our countries. I really hope for you and your brothers' help! Sorry for the errors, I'm writing a translator through Google.:occasion14:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The pumps up at my claim, next trip in a week or so I'll pull measurements and make a drawing for you.
Thank you N-Lionberger for jumping in.
Wonder if a simple water pipe probe can be made and just probe the pipe in and out of the different sand and gravel layers? The higher pressures may not be needed. Looks like the current trash pumps feed into one or more nozzles. Just weld up a long pipe probe with many holes in it. Heck the probe can be mounted to the back hoe tractor if needed more support. Some thing to work on over the winter.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The pipe probe should have 1 - 2 small holes on the very end to help cut into the compressed sands and gravels. The rest of the probe pipe should have holes every 1 - 2 inches. Just put a shutoff valve on the prob so turn on and off the water flow. There are two pumps there already just make some pipe probes for these two pumps.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I like this guy... I've had the good fortune to call a few (3-2) Russians " friends" in the last 40 years and I'll tell ya...they are a great and unique people.. If this guy says he wants to cast his own pump ...don't sell him short. Odds are he WILL do it.
I don't have a Keene pump..but I will be watching this thread to see how it proceeds. Good luck Sasha!!!

Ag

Мне нравится этот парень ... Мне повезло назвать несколько (3-2) русских «друзей» за последние 40 лет, и я скажу вам ... они великие и уникальные люди .. Если этот парень говорит, что хочет бросить свой собственный насос ... не продавай его коротким. Скорее всего, он это сделает.
У меня нет насоса Keene ... но я буду следить за этой нитью, чтобы узнать, как это происходит. Удачи Саше !!!

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like this guy... I've had the good fortune to call a few (3-2) Russians " friends" in the last 40 years and I'll tell ya...they are a great and unique people.. If this guy says he wants to cast his own pump ...don't sell him short. Odds are he WILL do it.
I don't have a Keene pump..but I will be watching this thread to see how it proceeds. Good luck Sasha!!!

Ag

Мне нравится этот парень ... Мне повезло назвать несколько (3-2) русских «друзей» за последние 40 лет, и я скажу вам ... они великие и уникальные люди .. Если этот парень говорит, что хочет бросить свой собственный насос ... не продавай его коротким. Скорее всего, он это сделает.
У меня нет насоса Keene ... но я буду следить за этой нитью, чтобы узнать, как это происходит. Удачи Саше !!!
Thank you for the Russian language. There used to be some collages in the past that did castings of metal. People are getting away from doing things like this. Will be looking for pictures of the interesting projects.
Still would like to see Aleksandrr out preform the "Gold Rush crews" for the type of operation that is going on.

OP
OP
Aleksandrr

Aleksandrr

Oct 11, 2017
Россия
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you brothers!!! I hope there will be someone who makes me drawings of the pump keene

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like to see Aleksandrr do well extracting gold in Russia.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think he is suggesting it would be fun to watch you school those fools from the discovery channel.

OP
OP
Aleksandrr

Aleksandrr

Oct 11, 2017
Россия
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pipe probe should have 1 - 2 small holes on the very end to help cut into the compressed sands and gravels. The rest of the probe pipe should have holes every 1 - 2 inches. Just put a shutoff valve on the prob so turn on and off the water flow. There are two pumps there already just make some pipe probes for these two pumps.
I had the equipment. it is called a "hydraulic drill"

OP
OP
Aleksandrr

Aleksandrr

Oct 11, 2017
Россия
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
their job should love
IMG_20170729_181344%5B1%5D.jpg

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sasha-

What they are saying is....they would like to see you collect more gold than the crews on the TV shows. ...I beleive you can do it!!

Sasha-

То, что они говорят, это ... они хотели бы видеть, что вы собираете больше золота, чем экипажи на телешоу. ... Я верю, что вы можете это сделать!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt you would be able to make an impeller without the casting mold or an actual one to copy
I would suggest finding a pool/spa pump then cast them in aluminum.
Waterway 310-4190 Executive Pool & Spa Pump 4.0 HP Impeller | eBay
https://www.amazon.com/Waterway-Plastics-310-4190-Impeller-Executive/dp/B00HEAT2UI
pump itself; https://www.amazon.com/Waterway-Hi-Flo-Pump-Discharge-310-1160SD/dp/B00HERKU20

guy on eBay that mounts spa pump to a gas motor
Gold Dredge Pump high pressure 200GPM | eBay

as far a mining and getting lots of gold your best bet is to build a trommel
"Azviper" 12" trommel build http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/364420-12-inch-trommel-build.html
& "Doitlaynstyle" 16" build http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/383736-16-trommel-build-inspired-azviper.html

thread of small operation to read through; http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/346416-alaskan-pay-dirt-16.html

Last edited:

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the "Gold Rush people" in Canada and Alaska find the gold in like layers at times. The lower 48 States do not have this in general. What colors of sand or gravels do you look for?

Quick comment/thought... Not meant to hi-jack.. That stuff does exist in the lower 48.. That is something desert dwellers look for..
Just my opinion here, but I think a lot of you guys that have running water miss out on a lot of really cool stuff like that because
you concentrate on digging on the downstream side of the big rock.. A lot of desert folks do it also, they just dig in the arroyo.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Quick comment/thought... Not meant to hi-jack.. That stuff does exist in the lower 48.. That is something desert dwellers look for..
Just my opinion here, but I think a lot of you guys that have running water miss out on a lot of really cool stuff like that because
you concentrate on digging on the downstream side of the big rock.. A lot of desert folks do it also, they just dig in the arroyo.
Good point as some peat layers can be found down in the lower 48 States. Just a little more common over in Russia and Canada / Alaska that is all. Was just trying to find out the soil type of layers over in Russia. Thanks for everyone's inputs.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As far as casting a impeller and pump housing will be best to copy another impeller and housing for a sand mold. Not many on this forum has cast one yet. Can be a interesting project though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread