Questioning Dowsing for Gold & Gems

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can some of you share any experiences positive or negative regarding dowsing for gold & gems. I have property in Western North Carolina on which I've found gold, rubies, sapphires, garnets, etc. I recently encountered a dowser while I was out of town who inquired about where my property was and I told him and he pulled up a map of my property and proceeded to tell me where gold and gems were located and it was in a location different from where I have found it in the past and not located where the 1800-1900 gold miners mined. He came to my place and sure enough the dowsing rods which even I used indicated gold in the location he had indicated on his map. Just wanted to hear your thoughts. The depth he indicated would require some digging so the jury is still out on whether to dig or not. Let me know your thoughts.

Didn't post on Dowsing Forum so I could get some unbiased opinions. Thanking you in advance.

Upvote 0

pcampbell

Feb 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apologize your right that was a harsh post. Also I didn't mean to say your mother wasn't normal I just meant in that particular way compared to other people (stopping watches).

I am just extremely skeptical and there is no logical explanation for watches to stop working on certain people beyond that it is simply confirmation bias. Maybe she is just rough on watches and bangs them around when wearing them? Or it could be extreme coincidence. People win the lottery twice in their lives, anything can happen statistically. I believe if you were to test the watch issue with a handful of different time-pieces it would prove there is nothing abnormal happening.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dowsing for gold isn't the same as dowsing for water or electrical lines. X will not mark the spot, typically the target is actually off at some angle, you can only tell by coming in from different directions. As far as it was explained to me gold being a space metal being forged in a star reflects solar radiation, a kind which can apparently go through cobble and solid rock.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't sweat it. Its all good! There is no logical explanation for it. I never did understand why she couldn't wear one.

I can definitely understand being skeptical on dowsing. I have seen it work and I have seen it not work so its hard to figure out which one it is! I have a set of dowsing rods that I don't use that often. Maybe I should pull them out and see if I can find anything with them. I guess that will be the true test.

I apologize your right that was a harsh post. Also I didn't mean to say your mother wasn't normal I just meant in that particular way compared to other people (stopping watches).

I am just extremely skeptical and there is no logical explanation for watches to stop working on certain people beyond that it is simply confirmation bias. Maybe she is just rough on watches and bangs them around when wearing them? Or it could be extreme coincidence. People win the lottery twice in their lives, anything can happen statistically. I believe if you were to test the watch issue with a handful of different time-pieces it would prove there is nothing abnormal happening.

Sreekumar

May 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discriminator

Hai brothers,please give me dowsing discriminator circuit diagram

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread