Questioning Dowsing for Gold & Gems - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Questioning Dowsing for Gold & Gems

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting
    My mom cant wear a watch either. No matter what kind of watch or when the battery has been replaced, about a week later its dead. weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    He told me about dowsing and said "his electrical body energy" is what allowed him to dowse and it was so strong he was unable to wear a mechanical watch for more than a week without it dying...

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2463 times
    Prospecting
    I don't know how map dowsing could work, but last summer I made L rods out of thick copper antennae wire and they actually crossed up over water. It was weird but it happened. I've never tried it with gold. That was my first experience with them.

Feb 2014
    60 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Dowsing is complete non-sense. It has been proven multiple times through testing that the "best" dowsers in the world cannot produce the results they claim. Here is information on many of the tests that have been done https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowsing#Studies

If you have had luck with dowsing personally it is exactly that; luck.

Feb 2014
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fmrUSMC_0844 View Post
    My mom cant wear a watch either. No matter what kind of watch or when the battery has been replaced, about a week later its dead. weird.
    I'm sorry but ya right. Go get her a watch and put some brand new batteries in it.

Come back in a week so you can tell us how your Mom is perfectly normal and the watch is working great.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting
    OK. I could really care less if you believe me or not. I have nothing to prove to you. I have seen it personally. I cant explain why it happens but it does. No one said my mother isn't normal by the way.

Someone piss in your cheerios yesterday morning?

Quote Originally Posted by pcampbell View Post
    I'm sorry but ya right. Go get her a watch and put some brand new batteries in it.

Come back in a week so you can tell us how your Mom is perfectly normal and the watch is working great.

Feb 2014
    60 times
    I apologize your right that was a harsh post. Also I didn't mean to say your mother wasn't normal I just meant in that particular way compared to other people (stopping watches).

I am just extremely skeptical and there is no logical explanation for watches to stop working on certain people beyond that it is simply confirmation bias. Maybe she is just rough on watches and bangs them around when wearing them? Or it could be extreme coincidence. People win the lottery twice in their lives, anything can happen statistically. I believe if you were to test the watch issue with a handful of different time-pieces it would prove there is nothing abnormal happening.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, XGIH, GDR, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner/operator.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods
    1017 times
    Prospecting
    Dowsing for gold isn't the same as dowsing for water or electrical lines. X will not mark the spot, typically the target is actually off at some angle, you can only tell by coming in from different directions. As far as it was explained to me gold being a space metal being forged in a star reflects solar radiation, a kind which can apparently go through cobble and solid rock.

us
    Treasurenet Lurker

Sep 2008
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting
    Don't sweat it. Its all good! There is no logical explanation for it. I never did understand why she couldn't wear one.

I can definitely understand being skeptical on dowsing. I have seen it work and I have seen it not work so its hard to figure out which one it is! I have a set of dowsing rods that I don't use that often. Maybe I should pull them out and see if I can find anything with them. I guess that will be the true test.

Quote Originally Posted by pcampbell View Post
    I apologize your right that was a harsh post. Also I didn't mean to say your mother wasn't normal I just meant in that particular way compared to other people (stopping watches).

I am just extremely skeptical and there is no logical explanation for watches to stop working on certain people beyond that it is simply confirmation bias. Maybe she is just rough on watches and bangs them around when wearing them? Or it could be extreme coincidence. People win the lottery twice in their lives, anything can happen statistically. I believe if you were to test the watch issue with a handful of different time-pieces it would prove there is nothing abnormal happening.

May 2020
    1 times

Gold Bar Discriminator

Hai brothers,please give me dowsing discriminator circuit diagram
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    Jul 2016
    Minnesota
    AT Pro
    36 times