Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I mean Dribble. You don't understand slang it's ok.

I get it. You don't like the guy. You're point is relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics. AKA.
"a decision taken for purely political reasons"

I own a farm. We raise cattle,pigs,chickens. We use Management-intensive rotational grazing. We the people own the land not the Government.....

And buy the way. a cow in good body condition and not stressed by adverse energy consuming weather needs approximately 3% of its body weight in good protein and high total digestible nutrient per day. studies now disregard the animal per acre rule of thumb as no two acres produce the same quantity and quality and no two cows convert grass to its needs the same.

I was referring to how many there are not how many should be.

Bundy is a speck in ther whole scheme of things and his issue do not illustraste any kind of problem public land grazers are dealing with on even a random basis.

Plus just pointing out that they didn't "win" anything.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My point is not relating to any political anything.

My point is that Bundys' issues were not related to BLM putting undue or undeserved pressure on him.

When I first heard of the guy I was like "stupid BLM" based on the way it looked in the media. Then when I read the facts of what was going. All the dumb crap he pulled over the years. I changed my mind. Because he was clearly in the wrong.

And crazy on top of it all.

He didn't help, fix or prove anything in regards to his grazing or land use rights.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The actual Bundy Ranch is not in dispute.

He never claimed the BLM tried to take anything from him

Except cattle

He made the moronic decision to stop paying his grazing permit and running his cattle in a spot he didn't have the right to.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Time to unseal documents and let people read for them self's.
If there will not be any disclosure of the documents may explain the dismissed with predigest
So now all of the documents, evidence does not exist. Is this the way things are now?

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher...you still haven't answered my question. Are you a BLM or NFS employee?? If you don't respond, I guess I can assume you are one of the two.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher...you still haven't answered my question. Are you a BLM or NFS employee?? If you don't respond, I guess I can assume you are one of the two.
Would love to have a retired BLM Officer help with older documents / books. Good unanswered question T.C. and thanks for asking.
No answer may tell a lot.

Cliven Bundy may sue federal government for malicious prosecution, civil-rights abuses
Nevada rancher walks free after judge finds ‘outrageous’ prosecutorial misconduct
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/10/cliven-bundy-may-sue-federal-government-malicious-/
y Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Rancher Cliven Bundy no longer faces federal charges in the 2014 Nevada standoff, but that doesn’t mean his legal fight with the Justice Department is over.
Attorney Larry Klayman said Mr. Bundy is considering filing lawsuits for malicious prosecution and civil-rights violations stemming from the court battle that ended Monday with a federal judge dismissing all charges against him over “flagrant prosecutorial misconduct.”
Mr. Klayman, a conservative activist and former Justice Department lawyer who has represented Mr. Bundy on other matters, said the newly freed 71-year-old rancher may also file ethics complaints against federal prosecutors.
“But what she said was extremely strong against prosecutors and against the FBI in particular,” he said. “This is yet the latest FBI scandal. [She] accused them of lying and hiding evidence, calling it ‘outrageous.’ “
Indeed, Judge Navarro didn’t hold back, blasting prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s office in Nevada for willfully withholding potentially exculpatory evidence from the defense, including FBI surveillance and sniper records from the April 2014 confrontation at the Bundy ranch near Bunkerville, Nevada.
“The court finds that the universal sense of justice has been violated,” Judge Navarrosaid, as quoted in the Arizona Republic. “The government conduct in this case was, indeed, outrageous.”
Federal prosecutors had argued that their failure to turn over evidence was “inadvertent” and “regrettable,” but she dismissed all charges against Mr. Bundy, his sons Ammon and Ryan Bundy, and Ryan Payne of Montana.
The prosecution promptly came under fire for bungling what once looked like an open-and-shut case against the four defendants, billed as the ringleaders of the standoff with the Bureau of Land Management over Cliven Bundy’s longstanding refusal to pay grazing fees in a protest against federal lands policy.
Hundreds of the family’s supporters, some of them armed, descended on the area after BLM agents tried to impound 400 head of Bundy cattle, forcing them to cancel the operation.
“The case shines a bright light on the perils of the federal bureaucracy’s confrontational approach to those who live and work on or near the vast tracts of public land that constitute much of the rural West, particularly in Nevada,” said the Las Vegas Review-Journal in a Monday editorial, describing the failed prosecution as “a casualty of federal hubris.”
Mr. Bundy is also weighing a lawsuit to settle the beef over who owns the ranch property by “filing for declaratory relief that the land is Nevada land, not federal land,” Mr. Klayman said.
The notoriously litigious founder of Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch, Mr. Klayman had previously filed complaints on behalf of Mr. Bundy asking the Justice Department Office of Professional Responsibility and Office of the Inspector General to probe allegations of misconduct.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that he had ordered an expert review of the case shortly after Judge Navarro declared a mistrial on Dec. 20.
“So now there’s real teeth for the OPR investigation and IG investigation that I requested in a complaint, and Sessions should be looking into all of that,” Mr. Klayman said. “These prosecutors will most likely wind up not just being disciplined by the Department of Justice, but they could lose their licenses. It’s that bad.”
Adding to the Justice Department’s woes is a newly released Nov. 27 memo from BLM investigator Larry C. Wooten, who faulted BLM agents for “unacceptable bias” against the Bundys, including hostility to Mormons, and accused federal prosecutors of attempting to cover up the misconduct.
Mr. Klayman was a familiar figure in the Las Vegas courtroom, appearing regularly and taking notes despite being prevented by Judge Navarro from sitting at the defense table with Bret Whipple, Cliven Bundy’s defense attorney.
Interim U.S. Attorney Dayle Elieson, who took over for Acting U.S. Attorney Steven Myhre on Friday, issued a statement after the ruling saying that prosecutors “respect the court’s ruling and will make a determination about the next appropriate steps.”
The final phase in the three-tier standoff trial is scheduled to begin Feb. 26 with the remaining four defendants, who include Mr. Bundy’s sons David and Melvin.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Latest: Bundy says sheriff has land authority, not feds
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...50bc3300042_story.html?utm_term=.fe24c0d5d673
Cliven Bundy went to Las Vegas police headquarters on Wednesday to tell reporters the federal government has no jurisdiction in the Gold Butte area near his ranch, even though it was named a national monument during the 20 months he was in jail.
Bundy says he’s protecting his rights, and people should protect their rights, too.
He says he expects Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo to protect his life, liberty and property if the federal government comes again for his cattle.
Bundy says it doesn’t matter that President Donald Trump replaced Barack Obama while Bundy was in jail because he believes the U.S. government has no land-owning authority in the states.

Time to unseal some documents IMO.

Cliven Bundy seeks Sheriff Lombardo’s support in feud with feds
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/...-sheriff-lombardos-support-in-feud-with-feds/
Updated January 10, 2018 - 6:11 pm
Gold Butte rancher Cliven Bundy stood outside the Metropolitan Police Department on Wednesday and called on Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo to protect him in his ongoing dispute with the federal government.
“Are you going to represent we the people?” Bundy said, directing his question to Lombardo during a news conference. “Or are you going to represent a federal bureaucracy, one that brought around 200 armed guns and stuck them down our throats four years ago?”

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I am not a Fed employee. It has nothing to do with it.

Everything I refer to is public.

With prejudice means Cliven and his dumb kids can't be tried again for the stand offs.

He is still on the hook for grazing fess and he is not allowed to graze in the Bunkerville allotment.

There are no sealed documents. There are documents that the prosecution didn't turn over to the court and defense.

Documents not used in the prosecution. Not sealed from the public for sake of not sharing with the public.

The feds were a little overboard in response however it seems to be glossed over that the Bundys' armed them selves first. And stated they were ready to die for their beliefs.

You go saying that and see if it doesn't trigger escalated attention and special weapons teams to watch over field agents and rubberneckers.

BLM FS and other agencies do over reach their authority and directive on occasion. It is not an ongoing issue with ranchers.

The round up and what lead to it was all on Cliven.

Grazing rights were never codified...no right to title or possession exists.

Bundy cows were on federal land without a contract.

His states rights are not an issue his B.S. sovereign citizen ( crazy fool) defense has no teeth.

He was in the wrong the whole time.

Considering the Hooplah over it the, the infringement attitude etc.

It's not a matter of his rights cause the "right" doesn't exist for him or anyone.

Grazing on public lands is not a right it is a program.

That is why there are only three federal cases related to it.

U.S. vs Bundy = loser

U.S. vs Gardner = loser

U.S. vs. Gardner = Winner

Grazing rights is a misnomer. A decendant of common law yet not codified in the U.S.

The Blm is directed to manage based on certain things and does not have to just let ranchers run cattle wherever.

You've always had to have a base property attached.

Bundy decided he didn't have to do what 99% of every other ranch with public land grazing rights is doing with no issues other than weather and feed.

As pointed out by Medina Joe range land isn't the best place to raise cattle especially in Nevada. That is why even though it has pretty much the most public land of any state it also has one of the lowest numbers of range cattle on public lands.

One of his idiot sons is in prison over weapons charges not related to the stand offs.

If the Blm would have acted twenty years ago.

That old fool wouldn't have been so emboldened.

He did not help anyone, the situation or himself.

He will end up in jail again because he is stupid.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No I am not a Fed employee. It has nothing to do with it.

Everything I refer to is public.

With prejudice means Cliven and his dumb kids can't be tried again for the stand offs.

He is still on the hook for grazing fess and he is not allowed to graze in the Bunkerville allotment.

There are no sealed documents. There are documents that the prosecution didn't turn over to the court and defense.

Documents not used in the prosecution. Not sealed from the public for sake of not sharing with the public.

The feds were a little overboard in response however it seems to be glossed over that the Bundys' armed them selves first. And stated they were ready to die for their beliefs.
Thank you for the statements Goldwasher. Time will tell.

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be completely fair. Both party are in the wrong.

1. The BLM owns a vast majority of the land in the western part of the country. Truth
2. The BLM has seized land from owners. Truth
3. The BLM has also seized cattle and assets from owners. Truth.In 2002, the BLM seized cattle from former Shoshone chief Raymond Yowell over a land dispute and then garnished money from his monthly Social Security checks.
4. The BLM has illegally sold horses for slaughter.
5. The BLM has irresponsibly–and perhaps illegally–closed off public roads
6. The BLM has imposed ridiculous fines against citizens.
7. The BLM has a massive backlog of oil and gas drilling permits.

And the list goes on and on

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To be completely fair. Both party are in the wrong.

1. The BLM owns a vast majority of the land in the western part of the country. Truth
2. The BLM has seized land from owners. Truth
3. The BLM has also seized cattle and assets from owners. Truth.In 2002, the BLM seized cattle from former Shoshone chief Raymond Yowell over a land dispute and then garnished money from his monthly Social Security checks.
4. The BLM has illegally sold horses for slaughter.
5. The BLM has irresponsibly–and perhaps illegally–closed off public roads
6. The BLM has imposed ridiculous fines against citizens.
7. The BLM has a massive backlog of oil and gas drilling permits.

And the list goes on and on
Thanks for pointing this out. Disclosing documents (all evidence in any form) can help point some or all of this out.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Administration, or Disposal of the Title
After the admission of the States into the Union the United States continued to hold title to the unappropriated lands and to administer its public-land laws with reference thereto. It is expressly provided, as one of the conditions set forth in the various enabling acts, that the title to unappropriated lands within the State shall remain in the United States.
From a document prepared and published by the BLM and United States department of the Interior.
The "Court" will 'Recognize' the same document.

Notice this is not this one's opinion. There could be some "Documents" in this "Case" that may point out the above as well.
All of the above points out the following:
Id Possumus Quod De Jure Possumus. We may do only that which by law we are allowed to do.

Judge Orders Malheur Occupation Leader Ryan Payne Back Into Custody In Oregon
Payne pleaded guilty to conspiracy, a felony, in July 2016, before the refuge trial began.
http://www.capitalpress.com/Oregon/...leader-ryan-payne-back-into-custody-in-oregon
U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown on Tuesday ordered Malheur occupation leader Ryan Payne back into custody in Oregon. A day earlier, Payne and members of the Bundy family were handed a stunning legal victory in Las Vegas in a separate case.
Payne must report to the U.S. District Courthouse in downtown Portland by noon Thursday, Brown ruled from the bench.
“We need to return him to the position he was in when he went to Nevada,” Brown said during a court hearing Tuesday.

Why Cliven Bundy tried to pay grazing fees to Clark County, not BLM
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/nov/07/why-cliven-bundy-sent-grazing-fees-clark-county/
By Chris Kudialis (contact)
Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017 | 2 a.m.
But documents obtained by the Las Vegas Sun show Bundy tried to pay his debt — at least once. He just sent the check to the wrong government agency.
A check for $1,961.47 was issued to Clark County in March 1994 with the intention of clearing the Bunkerville rancher of grazing fees owed from March 1993 through that date. The check was returned with instruction to send it to the BLM, which he stopped paying after federal officials restricted grazing on the 500,000-acre, open-range Bunkerville Allotment to protect the endangered Desert Tortoise species.
The date is consistent with what federal officials say is when Bundy began allowing his livestock to graze on the land illegally, and the amount he paid to the county was the same that he owed the BLM for that one-year time period.

I-Team: Video shows exchange between Bundys and BLM officers days before standoff
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-t...d-blm-officers-days-before-standoff/909866239

Environmentalists urge Feds to launch another operation to seize Bundy cattle
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/11/environmentalists-urge-feds-to-launch-another-oper/
By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Thursday, January 11, 2018
It’s hard to imagine how the 2014 federal effort to impound Cliven Bundy’s cattle could have gone any worse, but environmentalists are demanding that the Bureau of Land Management go back and try it again.
Days after a federal judge threw out the case against Mr. Bundy and two of his sons, environmental groups urged Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to remove the family’s cattle from the property near Bunkerville, Nevada.
“We urge Interior not to leave this business unfinished. Time is of the essence,” reads the letter to Mr. Zinke on Wednesday. “Interior must round up these cattle to ensure that a pattern of lawlessness backed up by violence does not perpetuate itself across the public lands of the Western U.S.”
In response, Bundy attorney Larry Klayman replied: “I would say, make our legal day.”

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bundy trial errors cast shadow on Nevada federal prosecutors
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/...rs-cast-shadow-on-nevada-federal-prosecutors/
But it took only two months for the high-profile case to collapse in court.
Federal prosecutors deceived the presiding federal judge, repeatedly ignored the law and failed to provide the defense with evidence that could have harmed the government’s case, the court record shows.
By the time prosecutors started turning over hundreds of pages of documents under court orders after the trial began in November, it was too late to save the case.
Ammon Bundy speaks out: 'They basically came to kill our family'
Ammon Bundy speaks out: 'They basically came to kill our family' | KTVB.COM
"If we allow the federal government to blatantly just disregard the very charter that organized them then what's going to keep them intact on everything else," Ammon Bundy told KTVB on Friday. "It's very important that when we see they are overstepping their bounds - no matter what it is - that we put them back in that box."

Congress expected to hold hearings on dismissal of Bundy case
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/...-to-hold-hearings-on-dismissal-of-bundy-case/
Although the court case against Bundy was dismissed because prosecutors withheld evidence, Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee, has ordered the acting director of the BLM, Brian Steed, to deliver a report on the incident by Jan. 24.
It is expected that a congressional hearing will follow.
“The failures in the Bundy case and previous cases display serious misconduct by BLM law enforcement officials, and strongly suggest that there are systemic issues within BLM’s law enforcement operations,” Bishop said.
Meanwhile, Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz., the ranking Democrat on the committee, has ordered a Government Accountability Office study on the scale of recent threats and attacks against BLM officials and property. The study is underway.
Although mistakes were made by the BLM, Grijalva said, using the committee to “beat up” the agency sets a bad precedent and ignores the larger issue of illegal acts by armed men who openly threatened law enforcement officials.
Cliven Bundy case: How big a problem is prosecutorial misconduct?
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justi...How-big-a-problem-is-prosecutorial-misconduct
Beyond high-profile examples, such as the dismissal 'with prejudice' this week of the Bundy case, the question of how often prosecutorial misconduct occurs now is open to debate – with a former state attorney calling it a “rare event” and a former federal judge calling it an “epidemic.”

Last edited:

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bundy's case and his band of genetically malformed individuals brandishing firearms have nothing to do with the fact that he was trying create facts where none existed. Crocodile tears...

When he declined to pay the necessary and lawful grazing fees, he was compelled by law to remove his cattle from Federally controlled assets. He did decide to deny others, that would have paid the ridiculously low fees, the opportunity to lawfully utilize the grazing area. Sorry to say, the guy was trying to portray himself like Robin Hood, but was really the thief. The public, you, I, and everyone were the victims of his larceny. Him and his ilk were taking us for a grazing fee "joy ride", where he was the perp, not the victim.

On a different note - One individual in an earlier thread, suggested that the Federal lands be turned over to local control. Yikes! Can anyone imagine the field day the tree huggers and organism lovers would has with that scenario. RE: California's ban on dredges... what's next. Scrap all of your dredges and high-bankers forever or at least bring them to the recycle center for later use as beer cans or energy drinks containers where the state gets a deposit fee (tax).

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the other hand , here in Idaho the Feds { epa} essentially shut down dredging. The local authorities informed them that any interference with a mining operation will result in the arrest of the offending agent. We dredge

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So does the constitution permit the federal government to own land? Yes it does, but there are very strict limitations. Our founding fathers were very specific concerning federal ownership and control of land. Article I, section 8, clause 17 of the U.S. Constitution gives the feds control of 10 square miles of Washington DC. It further states that land within the boundaries of a state may only be acquired if they first have the consent of the state legislature. The federal government is limited in it’s acquisition of land to four purposes, military forts, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings. Nowhere in the constitution does it grant the federal government the power to “own” millions of acres. The so called "public lands" that they currently control must be returned to the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread