Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got my CA Drivers License in the mail.
Was surprised to see a gold miner use in the background graphics.
This state was built on mining what the hell went wrong.
Mike
miner.jpg

Upvote 0

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oooops, I fibbed...said I was done with this thread........
Took you guy's long enough to look up polymath...don't you know that type of personallity can't stop without having everyone know how super they are? Did you also neglect to look up " 白痴 "
You mentioned nothing about my request to NOT EDIT my posts so that not only makes you my enemy but puts you in a class of a little sissy.
You mentioned nothing about the post / link about the plight of the Trinity River, which mentioned nothing about suction dredges working hundreds of claims before your "horse riding" days and was to enlighten you that not only dredging is harmless to river gravels but can be very benificial in restoring good spawning gravels that salmon and steelhead need. If you have doubt about that statement you have little knowledge about fishes.
I'll post a couple of threads that I've spent hours on....more than a one day read and if you like you can post in either of these threads and trust me I'll respond with no remorse to learn you up".:

www.ifish.net

and

www.ifish.net

You haven't a clue about mining law and dredging does NOT need a POO. Another polymath brain dump.
It seems reasonable to me that you take little bits of huge databases to think that ...."sure, regulations should be put into effect"...Well', let me tell you that regulations have been in place for decades. I bet a couple of vials of clean, shiny gold that you don't even know that in most places in Oregon and calif. that dredge season only lasted for three months out of the year.
If you really want to learn and become something other than an owner of a Walmart Ace detector ( Apologies to those that have them that think they will find gold deposits smaller than a watch) then fill your gas tank up and drive up here to Grants Pass Oregon and I'll have a sit-down with you. The Waldo mining meeting would be a fine place to meet. Or, perhaps, drop by Armadillo Mining and we'll have a chat.
So I've made my point and if you come back to post responding to this post in anything less than two days it will pretty much point out that you have not read and searched the links in the above. I know how hard it will be to restrain yourself to post in this thread for a few days...just a trait of polymathism and second course Psychology.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oooops, I fibbed...said I was done with this thread........
Took you guy's long enough to look up polymath...don't you know that type of personallity can't stop without having everyone know how super they are? Did you also neglect to look up " 白痴 "
You mentioned nothing about my request to NOT EDIT my posts so that not only makes you my enemy but puts you in a class of a little sissy.
You mentioned nothing about the post / link about the plight of the Trinity River, which mentioned nothing about suction dredges working hundreds of claims before your "horse riding" days and was to enlighten you that not only dredging is harmless to river gravels but can be very benificial in restoring good spawning gravels that salmon and steelhead need. If you have doubt about that statement you have little knowledge about fishes.
I'll post a couple of threads that I've spent hours on....more than a one day read and if you like you can post in either of these threads and trust me I'll respond with no remorse to learn you up".:

www.ifish.net

and

www.ifish.net

You haven't a clue about mining law and dredging does NOT need a POO. Another polymath brain dump.
It seems reasonable to me that you take little bits of huge databases to think that ...."sure, regulations should be put into effect"...Well', let me tell you that regulations have been in place for decades. I bet a couple of vials of clean, shiny gold that you don't even know that in most places in Oregon and calif. that dredge season only lasted for three months out of the year.
If you really want to learn and become something other than an owner of a Walmart Ace detector ( Apologies to those that have them that think they will find gold deposits smaller than a watch) then fill your gas tank up and drive up here to Grants Pass Oregon and I'll have a sit-down with you. The Waldo mining meeting would be a fine place to meet. Or, perhaps, drop by Armadillo Mining and we'll have a chat.
So I've made my point and if you come back to post responding to this post in anything less than two days it will pretty much point out that you have not read and searched the links in the above. I know how hard it will be to restrain yourself to post in this thread for a few days...just a trait of polymathism and second course Psychology.

Mendo... No PLEASE no! :BangHead: We don't need him or her any where near Oregon! Armadillo? Sam would kick his/her ass!:laughing7:
Rare breed though... gold miner in San Fran........

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is actually gold in San Francisco, its on the beach and can also be found by checking gutters after storms.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is actually gold in San Francisco, its on the beach and can also be found by checking gutters after storms.

way way way on the bottom of the list of places to look for gold just to see if its there....

A San Francisco GUTTER.... I don't know if they make anti-biotics strong enough for that :laughing7:

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I try not to put myself in a liberal or conservative box, but I try to be conservative or liberal on issues. Generally speaking, I am probably liberal more so than conservate (please don't shoot lol). Hey...I'm a Californian :dontknow:

When I first started gold prospecting a few years ago, I had similar opinions as you FingerChili...maybe not as strong because I knew my ignorance. As I've learned more about gold mining and gained insight by prospecting myself my opinions have drastically changed. The points made above about mercury removal, fish habitat, pools, etc. are all valid. I have removed a good amount of mercury myself with nothing more than a pan and a sluice, a dredge can remove way more and much faster! This is nothing but politics and land/gold grabs by the governement and some NGO's... It is sad really... no longer can we exercise our constitutional right to mine for gold through the most efficient manner available to us (dredging), and many lives were forever changed. Now our tax dollars are spent on what dredging did for free.. what sense is there in all of this? THERE IS NO SENSE TO IT. I have read all of the back and forth and from an outsider's view -FingerChili is just stirring the pot under the guise of wanting to learn. Just like the NGO's and California government are stripping us of our rights under the guise of protecting fish habitat.

But one side effect of FingerChili's games is that we in this forum are coming together (which is not always the case). Let's use this fire, sparked by the ignorant masses, to continue to come together in the name of mining and all of the great things that it entails.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well said SOHR!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something Fingerchilli errr Jerry Brown jr said kinda struck me. He mentioned the noise of a dredge. BrahBababbabababba. That makes sense to me. I can see how if your just bird watching or whatever the hell libs do in gold country....( get naked and be weird)..err that might be a nuisance.

So it came to me.. obviously they dont care about fish or they would have put a moratorium on say idk... FISHING! Any idiot can see that. But what i realized was it was the noise! So when you drive 4 hrs fromm the gutter swamp errr SF on you tourist weekend into "nature" the sound of an engine ruins it. I get it!!!
Sooo why did they not go after something tangible like noise pollution? ...Because they knew they could never win that way withought a ban on jet skis and boats also. So they completely fabricated this ridiculous lie about fish. Makes sense now.. But they would have been better off in the long run getting what they really wanted if they had just been honest with what they wanted, no engine noise. And miners whould have been better off as well. So sad that the so called "enlightened"folk cant realize they sit alone, isolated in the dark with nothing but other close minded, intolerant weirdos...

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Noise pollution is an interesting topic. One that I took up with bobferris of CascadiaWild. As soon as I mentioned....well, sure....us miners are always tweaking our equipment and a better noise suppression system would not be out of the possibility. Well of course he just mummed up and went on a different tangent.
Living off the grid does have it's drawbacks and listening to our generator does have a downside. We are used to it.
I'll pass a (imo well founded) rumor along about at the very beginning of our plight here in Oregon a very well to do lady in the Gold Hill area cryed on Sen. Bates shoulder about the Noisy ol dredge motor off the shore of her Rogue River property. Snowballs downhill.
To show the selfishness of some people who go into the "forest" and have to contend with engine noise...well I have to go to the big city and listen to city noise. Anyone that wants to complain about noise in the great outdoors should stop by all the RV sites and tell them to shut their generators off HA! and IF within 100 yards of any esh waterway they should not be allowed at all. Double HA! HA!
So I agree that those folks that seem to want our ranks in shambles may very well be uniting us. Other than the numbers of miners vs the number of people in America. Perspective: 80million passengers go thru LAX airport yearly... I can count the amount of miners I know in person on my fingers and toes. Custer thought he was in deep caca and highly outnumbered...sheesh.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they have tried to include noise in every stoppage they try to start.

it never sticks because it would affect other users so they don't push

I don't doubt that would change with the right support on their side

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
soak an old sock in fish sauce and toss it in the gutter, pick up with stick and burn, pan it out....

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
soak an old sock in fish sauce and toss it in the gutter, pick up with stick and burn, pan it out....
To bad there is not a "Permit" for this type of 'Mining' yet........LOL

Good one N-Lionberger and thanks.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concerning the new drivers licenses, be aware also, in the year 2020 you will need what is referred to as a "Real ID" to board a domestic flight, enter federal buildings and visit military installations. I'm sure before all is said and done, this ID will be required for many other activities and life needs. Below is a link to requirements to obtain this new ID in California.

Slideshow: What you need to know about California 'Real-ID' driver's licenses | 89.3 KPCC

Mike

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Concerning the new drivers licenses, be aware also, in the year 2020 you will need what is referred to as a "Real ID" to board a domestic flight, enter federal buildings and visit military installations. I'm sure before all is said and done, this ID will be required for many other activities and life needs. Below is a link to requirements to obtain this new ID in California.

Slideshow: What you need to know about California 'Real-ID' driver's licenses | 89.3 KPCC

Mike

yep, And they let you know at the last minute. Now I have to go back to the DMV.

My renewal was in January. Had to go in for any eye test. License doesn't show for a month. Had to go back down get in line wait an hour to find out that they didn't send my license, because the lady at the window didn't enter my eye test score.

So, I've had a valid license for almost twenty five years. Applied with my birth certificate. Now I can't go into BLM without going and proving I'm a citizen .I've also been paying taxes for twenty five years.

All, so that someone who isn't a citizen can get a valid license. So, that stuff will be easier for them.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have until October 2020 to get one if you will be traveling or doing biz in Fed buildings

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My 2 cents no this topic. Mother natures dredging has caused more damage and destruction then all the dredging in the past 100 years i am just saying that because of the massive wildfires and flash floods & spillway fails that this state has ever seen. Its a vicious cycle that will never end.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One more thing, for those of you that smoke pot and give a rats ass about our creeks and rivers and wildlife please buy your pot from a legit dispensary, our creeks and rivers and forest are being destroyed by pot growers in our national forests.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad likes to say.... California is not a state...it is a strange alien nation.. ( no disrespect for you normal cali residents)
They are rubbing it in your face! Every win for the Sierra club and the enviro wackos makes them even more arrogant and causes them to trample mining rights even more! A-holes are invading Oregon too.....:BangHead:

Invading Oregon?? They done took us over years ago...look at the water situation in Klamath County...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread