Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Permits for AK?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16

    Feb 2017
    Juneau AK
    124 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I wouldn't worry at all about a recirculating bilge / battery powered pump. The ADF&G habitat permit covers gas-powered equipment, with a primary concern over fish bearing streams. Even in productive fish streams they generally allow dredging and highbanking when eggs are not in the gravel. If you're not prospecting an anadromous (salmon) stream, the rules are generally quite lenient up here. Call the AK Fish and Game Habitat Division and talk to them about the drainage you are planning to prospect.

  2. #17

    Dec 2012
    whites mxt
    191 times
    sounds like there could be millions just through a highbanker , why waste on overhead , with that kind of pay you could work a couple weeks and take years off from work , recreationally. mixing blood and money is dangerous be careful

    if you need more than 5 oz. per hr. - there will never be enough gold in the world , but best of luck too ya, wish i could see it,

  3. #18
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1250 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    We're a few miles above the last known point of salmon in the stream, and beyond that there's not much to provide enough food for the fry. Plus the water is a little cloudy from the glacial debris. There's a small dead spot in the stream at almost the exact mileage I was told, so that's the perfect spot for the gold to get trapped. Downstream there's a real nice patch of boulder bar that could stand a good prospecting. Lots of bare benches on both sides for a mile.

  4. #19
    Feb 2010
    Kenai, Alaska
    Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
    305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    We're flying in by helicopter to start, as there's not enough space for fixed wing landing. But you're not going to airlift a dozer, excavator or drilling equipment up there. You'd need a road in there for a mine.
    Not arguing but you would be surprised what equipment get's flown in up here! It's amazing what you can stick in a C-130 with a little imagination & determination. They take the blade, c-frame & ROPS canopy of of dozers & fly them in (not to mention fuel for same). In remote areas much of the equipment goes in with no road during the winter if river ice is capable of carrying the weight. Some places roads just aren't feasible. If it really is that rich than a large sample plant (or small production plant) with a small excavator & small dozer should make you rich in a short time & be easy on fuel needs. Fuel will be a killer for you (dollars).
    Good luck & be sure & take a TON of pics & video for us!
    Clay Diggins likes this.

  5. #20
    Apr 2013
    Clam Gulch, AK
    Whites GMT E-series
    131 times
    hi. so, i have been getting permits for beach mining here in kenai and was able to talk to a man who works for the DNR. if you were to work in a stream where the salmon are spawning, they have to go out to the area and examine it first. as far as dredges go, i have found no needed permits as long as you don't go any larger than a five or six inch depending on land ownership. in some areas, they have general permits for whole drainages that are over the counter and don't cost a cent. there is the no mining in anadromous streams rule from July 1 to May 15. other than that, i haven't found anything as far as permits that will be needed.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

  6. #21
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1250 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    We're not running dredges, just fluid bed gold traps for testing. On the helicopters, we're limited to 3400 lbs, and the A22 slingload bags are 2200. We're going in with 2 A22's and one long crate for all the PVC pipe, fence stakes, and tools that won't fit a 40x48" pallet size of the A22. At least we should be able to fly it all in on one tank of fuel.

  7. #22
    Apr 2013
    395 times
    Depends on the part of the state. On the Kenai Peninsula itís dredging only may15-july15 and you do need a permit no matter dredge/higbanker size. Free and easy to get.
    As long as you are just panning and not drawing water with a pump from the stream you should be ok.
    Sounds like your pretty far out but donít let them catch you digging in the bank. Of course you are going to, but donít get caught.
    As long as this is state land I think your ok, if itís federal or worse National Forest or wildlife refuge itís a whole different story.
    The road part is damn near impossible. Think dirigibles.
    Vance in AK likes this.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. permits
    By Lambertcatz in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2016, 09:52 PM
  2. Permits
    By davidlholcomb in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2012, 01:00 PM
  3. Do You need permits or anything?
    By sleo573 in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2009, 10:06 PM
  4. permits
    By wreckdiver45 in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2007, 09:46 AM
  5. NC Permits
    By ScubaDude in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2006, 09:16 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0