Greenie
Feb 7, 2018
Ventura
Detector(s) used
GOLD MONSTER
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Treasurenet.....

I am new to Gold Prospecting, and live in Southern California (Ventura County). I am interested in diving (Sniping) for gold in creeks and rivers. Outside of what gear to purchase, I have NO idea where to start down here in SoCal. Is anyone who is active in Gold Sniping be willing to steer me in the right direction for local spots? Or is Central California the ticket? Seems like all the youtube videos come from that region.

Much Appreciated

Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Treasurenet.....

I am new to Gold Prospecting, and live in Southern California (Ventura County). I am interested in diving (Sniping) for gold in creeks and rivers. Outside of what gear to purchase, I have NO idea where to start down here in SoCal. Is anyone who is active in Gold Sniping be willing to steer me in the right direction for local spots? Or is Central California the ticket? Seems like all the youtube videos come from that region.

Much Appreciated

Learn about federal mining claims and how to research them.
Posts and signs are not required in California. It's up to the miner to do their due diligence.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello zoomie, you might be limited with snipping in your location as the majority of gold deposits in that area are in very dry, hot, desert washes and canyons. Possibly East fork San Gabriel and others but I'm not too familiar with down there, hopefully someone else chimes in. For sure the further north you go the more options you will have. Check out mylandmatters.com and it should be off great use to you in your efforts.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is where u find it, so jump in some water and start looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread