In the hospital...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent last week out in the mountains, prospecting. Got home Friday night. Had chest pains early Sunday morning, and after stalling around for several hours, went to the ER.
Ended up getting two stents installed. No major heart damage. Am now in the ICU, recovering. I got lucky, and didn't have a major attack while out in the back country. When I think of the distances I walked, and the elevations I climbed, it amazes me I hd no indications of heart trouble.
Jim

Upvote 0

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish you a speedy recovery. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hi-Sluicer

Greenie
Sep 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent last week out in the mountains, prospecting. Got home Friday night. Had chest pains early Sunday morning, and after stalling around for several hours, went to the ER.
Ended up getting two stents installed. No major heart damage. Am now in the ICU, recovering. I got lucky, and didn't have a major attack while out in the back country. When I think of the distances I walked, and the elevations I climbed, it amazes me I hd no indications of heart trouble.
Jim
Whoa man glad your ok. I think we all worry when we are out there. Good luck and happy trails

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim, yes it is surprising that we "play around out there" and think mostly nothing of doing it just that we want to so we do it! Glad that all has gone well for you and like Clay indicated there are more times coming for you out there!.................63bkpkr

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least your here to talk about it.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, isn't life crazy! Glad you're still with us

Sending healing vibes a hug!

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are on the road to recovery Jim. Your story is one of many across the nation and the outcome was good. Many of us here may be in the same situation one day. I wonder how many of us hard headed miners don't bother with a check up on a yearly basis just to make sure. We check our tires and make sure the vehicle we are taking out to the outback is up to snuff to make sure we get there and back safely. Keep us up on how you are doing and hope for a speedy recovery for you.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m glad you listened to yourself and went to the ER. It probably saved your life.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wishing you well soon. :icon_thumright:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you didn't suffer any damage, I pray that you will get well soon.:icon_thumright:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been thought all that and more. They can work miracle"s with the ticker now. Good to here your on the mend. You will be out chasing the yellow stuff before you know it. And in better shape.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get better soon, thankfully it didn't happen out in the woods,
I've had a few of my roommates that didn't heed warning signs,
If you are having problems that aren't normal get them checked out, Please...

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get well brother

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread