Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to make light of endangered species, BUT...I get a little wound up over these absolute statements. These college students drafted to help some guy going for his doctorate, spend a few days wandering around in the woods, and announce the gopher frogs are gone. Didn't see a one. THEY LIVE UNDERGROUND! Then someone accidentally spots a couple in another area, and declares them ENDANGERED, shutting down and area to economic activity. My guess would be these invisible amphibians are probably scattered throughout the south, but nobody ever sees them, BECAUSE THEY LIVE UNDERGROUND!

The spotted owl fiasco comes to mind, after destroying the timber industry in the Northwest, they discover these elusive owls are everywhere, not just "old" growth. Too late to change the protection restrictions. Just because a species is rare, doesn't mean they're endangered.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I don't want to make light of endangered species, BUT...I get a little wound up over these absolute statements. These college students drafted to help some guy going for his doctorate, spend a few days wandering around in the woods, and announce the gopher frogs are gone. Didn't see a one. THEY LIVE UNDERGROUND! Then someone accidentally spots a couple in another area, and declares them ENDANGERED, shutting down and area to economic activity. My guess would be these invisible amphibians are probably scattered throughout the south, but nobody ever sees them, BECAUSE THEY LIVE UNDERGROUND!

The spotted owl fiasco comes to mind, after destroying the timber industry in the Northwest, they discover these elusive owls are everywhere, not just "old" growth. Too late to change the protection restrictions. Just because a species is rare, doesn't mean they're endangered.

I agree! I'm rare, but I'm not endangered.

OP
OP
N

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they just pass the buck? It said that the case was vacated and remanded. Doesn't that mean that they overturned the 5th District ruling on the case?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions