UN-patented mining claims for sale where?

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can always check e-bay :) Be careful though! Ask the seller if you can come out and test the claim first. Spend a few days checking it out. If they won't let you, then forget it.

Also try to put up a post here:

http://www.nuggetshooter.com

JamesE

This is more for the guys new to prospecting but thought I'd throw it out there.
If you search eBay, in Real Estate for "gold mining claims", that's where they hide them, also another site 'claimspost.com. BUT in my opinion most of these are selling the 'recreational value' to the uninformed. As in if someone buys the claim, they can BBQ, ATV, hike, camp, or whatever because they own the claim. Truth is, nobody has to buy anything to do this stuff on YOUR claim on 'Public Land', what you get with an unpatented claim is "SOLE RIGHTS" to placer mining and exclusion from the usual 2 week stay rule. You also get the 'right' to pick up after any yahoos that show up and leave a lot of trash behind if you want to stay in good with the Ranger. Any body can be on your claim as long as they are not doing any type of panning, mining, picking up rocks, etc... You do NOT have any Right to Privacy or sole use other than 'mineral' prospecting.
I have noo experience in AZ, when I was last in Oregon in 99, the state was OK with small mining and (after some bit of controversy) had a no interference kind of policy if you did everything else right.

Left out this part, if it's a legal claim, there has to be something of value found for the claim to be legal, not the possibility, but the actual metal. Who ever filed the claim (seller) should be able to show you exactly where they found color. And it follows, that if the gold is in that spot "naturally" , there should be more up or down stream in similar settings. Odd how sometimes the only gold on a claim is in exactly the spot 'they' looked and nowhere else!
I'd like to hear others' opinions, but my idea is that unless you actually want to work it like a job, a guy is as well off joining a smaller club in both CA and AZ or OR, and follow the seasons, better weather, less hassles. Less worries about camp raiders.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
nimby is absolutely correct!

claim holder has nothing to say to all the recreational users.

MOF, if the oil and gas exploration guys came in, they get a shot at it, too!
since your claim was most likely for lead and associated minerals.

dirt bikers and shooters will give you the most grief...

and I do those, in addition to placer mining.

R M P T R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread