Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Most unusual find prospecting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1889 times
    Prospecting
    Camping at cache creek once, my buddy looked down on the ground in camp and there was a diamond ring. Found a GoPro with about 45 minutes footage, was taped to a dog, garret carrot, splitting wedges, 16 oz estwing hammer, spare from a trailer, an old cant hook, shovels, random stuff like that and some perfectly useable.
    I always kidded that at cache creek we need a crow that can fly around and fetch snuffer bottles so we can just sit at camp and drink beer hehe.
    A guy there gave me a huge tub of his concentrates cuz he didnt want to haul anything back to Oklahoma with him and he already got the gold out he said. That evening I tapped about 3 grams out of his cons next to the campfire and easiest gold I ever got right there. My buddy traded the same guy his snub 357 for the dudes camper, panning gear and a bunch of canned food inside.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    1889 times
    Prospecting
    I've also found many many Happy Birthday helium balloons in the mountains. The Rockies are where they come to die I think.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    1889 times
    Prospecting
    Worst thing about those damn balloons. You can see them reflecting from a mile away easy. The whole hike over to that mountain your picturing an old Spanish sword gleaming in the sunlight, maybe an old Henry's rifle from a century ago leaning against a tree, possibly a trail marker pointing to a treasure you just happened across at the right time of day, maybe even airplane wreckage that's still out there?
    Walk all the way there, nope just a damn balloon again. Gets me every time!

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2803 times
    Prospecting
    Probably over 20 years ago now, a couple of hikers found an airplane high in the Rincon mountain wilderness area below Rincon Peak just east of Tucson. They had been eyeballing a reflection for a period of time and decided to check it out. As it turns out, it apparently was a drug smugglers plane and it contained two sets of remains and a large sum of cash. I think the plane had never been reported as missing.
    Last edited by arizau; Jan 30, 2019 at 09:21 AM.
    Asmbandits likes this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    Oct 2010
    U.P. Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro
    122 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by okbasspro View Post
    Found a 1890 $20 gold piece and a 5oz Wells Fargo silver bar inside a Prince Albert can while detecting. Also found a old revolver frame from the 1800s
    Just remember....without photos it never happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links