Withdrawn from mineral entry database question - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Withdrawn from mineral entry database question

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    1034 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    Well i found the MTP (master title plate) but all it tells me is "BLM O CL Mult Use".
    Not sure what that means? the spot I'm talking about is in SEC 25 and
    his signs are in the "BLM O CL Mult" Use" boundaries.
    Was looking for something in writing saying "withdrawn from mineral entry"
    Still searching Thanks Mike.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA210260S0320E0-1005.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	1795296
    Stay thirsty my friends

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    10753 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodfish Mike View Post
    Well i found the MTP (master title plate) but all it tells me is "BLM O CL Mult Use".
    Not sure what that means? the spot I'm talking about is in SEC 25 and
    his signs are in the "BLM O CL Mult" Use" boundaries.
    Was looking for something in writing saying "withdrawn from mineral entry"
    Still searching Thanks Mike.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA210260S0320E0-1005.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	1795296
    That's as close as you will get to "in writing" on an MTP Mike. The MTP is a visual representation of land status. It's written in a language that is unique to MTPs - welcome to government efficiency.

If you read the MTP tutorials I linked to earlier you will see that the dot-dash line indicates a withdrawal.

Read the linked Land Status Tutorials and view the videos and you will see that BLM O CL Mult Use code is explained beginning in the magic code list around page 174 of Legal Description and Land Status - A Self-Study Guide. Briefly that indicates a multiple use withdrawal CLassification by the BLM. The "O" stands for "Order". Usually an order is either a PLO (Public Land Order), an SO (Secretary's Order) or an EO (Executive Order). There is also a notation "S 573".

Now go to the linked Historical Index(s) and look for Section 25 on the left. There will be a bunch of lines with Section 25 on those Historical Indexes so keep looking until you find the one(s) matching "BLM O CL Mult Use S 573". There will be more details on when and how that Order was made as well as the authority for the order. There will also be an indication of the location and extent of the Order.

Then you just need to find the refrenced order. For that you will need to look it up in the Federal Register. The Federal Register is where every government public action is recorded - every day. For withdrawals it helps to note the date of the order in the Historical Index and search within that time period. Once you find the original publication you will see the withdrawal order in it's original text.

I know that sounds like a lot of work. It is a lot of work but we are talking about free gold in the ground ownership here.

Sometimes you will be really surprised by what is and what isn't in a withdrawal order. I haven't read this particular withdrawal but there is a good chance that minerals are withdrawn from location. You won't know for sure until you track down the original order.

We are working on making all this a lot easier at Land Matters. Within the month we will begin introducing a map system that will give you links to all the relevant documents. BIG shortcut but I'm pretty sure California isn't going to be one of the first states completed. That could change if enough users request it.

Heavy Pans
    Last edited by Clay Diggins; Jan 28, 2020 at 12:45 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    MineLab GPZ 7000 Garrett ATX Pro
    633 times
    Prospecting
    Nice tutorial there Clay.

As always!

Chuck

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    1034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    That's as close as you will get to "in writing" on an MTP Mike. The MTP is a visual representation of land status. It's written in a language that is unique to MTPs - welcome to government efficiency.

If you read the MTP tutorials I linked to earlier you will see that the dot-dash line indicates a withdrawal.

Read the linked Land Status Tutorials and view the videos and you will see that BLM O CL Mult Use code is explained beginning in the magic code list around page 174 of Legal Description and Land Status - A Self-Study Guide. Briefly that indicates a multiple use withdrawal CLassification by the BLM. The "O" stands for "Order". Usually an order is either a PLO (Public Land Order), an SO (Secretary's Order) or an EO (Executive Order). There is also a notation "S 573".

Now go to the linked Historical Index(s) and look for Section 25 on the left. There will be a bunch of lines with Section 25 on those Historical Indexes so keep looking until you find the one(s) matching "BLM O CL Mult Use S 573". There will be more details on when and how that Order was made as well as the authority for the order. There will also be an indication of the location and extent of the Order.

Then you just need to find the refrenced order. For that you will need to look it up in the Federal Register. The Federal Register is where every government public action is recorded - every day. For withdrawals it helps to note the date of the order in the Historical Index and search within that time period. Once you find the original publication you will see the withdrawal order in it's original text.

I know that sounds like a lot of work. It is a lot of work but we are talking about free gold in the ground ownership here.

Sometimes you will be really surprised by what is and what isn't in a withdrawal order. I haven't read this particular withdrawal but there is a good chance that minerals are withdrawn from location. You won't know for sure until you track down the original order.

We are working on making all this a lot easier at Land Matters. Within the month we will begin introducing a map system that will give you links to all the relevant documents. BIG shortcut but I'm pretty sure California isn't going to be one of the first states completed. That could change if enough users request it.

Heavy Pans
    Well i search all the Historical Index and could not find one that said "BLM O CL Mult Use S 573".
    So maybe the guy is right no record of it -- even though it is marked as withdrawn on the MTP.
    Thanks for helping and I learned a lot -- The good news is I looked up another spot I have been
    working and it is withdrawn also -- why is this good new -- I was thinking of claiming it.
    Thanks Clay and Cheers Mike
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2016
    3694 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well i search all the Historical Index and could not find one that said "BLM O CL Mult Use S 573".
    So maybe the guy is right no record of it -- even though it is marked as withdrawn on the MTP.
    Thanks for helping and I learned a lot -- The good news is I looked up another spot I have been
    working and it is withdrawn also -- why is this good new -- I was thinking of claiming it.
    Thanks Clay and Cheers Mike
    I’d look further...or of course talk to BLM (pick up the phone and ask..they will answer and directly help you without any BS). They set you straight quickly in my limited experience or at least get you started looking in the right direction.
    I’ll guarantee there is a chain of orders! It’s their job to track these types of things.

If you ask a specific question, they will research it and get back to you. If you send in a check without doing so...they will cash it and move on.

Don’t be the second guy in this thread to file a claim and waste your money on withdrawn land.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 30, 2020 at 09:29 PM.
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    1034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    I’d look further...or of course talk to BLM (pick up the phone and ask..they will answer and directly help you without any BS). They set you straight quickly in my limited experience or at least get you started looking in the right direction.
    I’ll guarantee there is a chain of orders! It’s their job to track these types of things.

If you ask a specific question, they will research it and get back to you. If you send in a check without doing so...they will cash it and move on.

Don’t be the second guy in this thread to file a claim and waste your money on withdrawn land.
    Well I don't speak as highly of the BLM as you -- at least in my area.
    I have been a blm volunteer -- why -- because it you can't beat them join them.
    Here is an example of what they have done that I didn't agree with.
    Keyesville CA new BLM sign
    And
    Can BLM do this
    Some of the people making these decisions have retired or moved on so there is hope.
    Cheers Mike
    Stay thirsty my friends

Mar 2016
    3694 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well I don't speak as highly of the BLM as you -- at least in my area.
    I have been a blm volunteer -- why -- because it you can't beat them join them.
    Here is an example of what they have done that I didn't agree with.
    Keyesville CA new BLM sign
    And
    Can BLM do this
    Some of the people making these decisions have retired or moved on so there is hope.
    Cheers Mike
    Still it is their primary job as land managers to track and index all of the orders.
    Should be easy peasy for them.

I’m not speaking highly of BLM as an agency, nor do I approve of the way they manage some of our land.

I have called Sacramento and received prompt service regarding mineral claim info.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Jan 31, 2020 at 12:47 PM.
    This Communication HEREBY Serves as OFFICIAL NOTICE That All Messages in This Thread Have Been REVIEWED. FURTHERMORE, All Messages of Positive Nature SHALL IRREVOCABLY Be Considered "LIKED" INSOFAR as Applicable to This Forum. FINALLY, All Discrimination is Strictly PROHIBITED.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links