leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
was going to build some kind of grizzly for the gold cube.
had the idea that i might use my dry washer upper with
1/4 inch mesh hardware cloth on top of it.
might need to be setup steeper.
do you think it would work or should i build something like
a gold banker or trommel.
likely i wont use it to much as i do mostly dry washing but
this year has been very wet here in arizona.

Attachments

• drywet.jpg
    drywet.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Your choice is up to your needs . BUT if I were to use this device as is , I'd replace the screen on your device with a smaller opening size holes for drywashing areas and gold size. The Gold Cube is a good device but it needs to be limited on the size of material you proccess through it ! I really like my Cube but ended up selling it to one of my club members . Life sucks when you get old and cant get out anymore !:BangHead:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The holes on the official Gold Banker are 3/16”. I wouldn’t go any bigger than that.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. with Kevin.
A piece of 1/8 or 3/16th hardware cloth zip tied over the existing screen will work well.
As well as adding the water on the grizzly with a spray bar and not into the cubes regular connection.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. with Kevin.
A piece of 1/8 or 3/16th hardware cloth zip tied over the existing screen will work well.
As well as adding the water on the grizzly with a spray bar and not into the cubes regular connection.

Yes to both of these ideas! You can run up to 2000 gph thru the spray bar on the high Banker IF you don’t send any water to the normal input port.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread