load of ore

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to n.ga ,brought back a load of ore. had the mitsubishi squatting. some looks like it has potential.nothing visible yet haven't had time to crush to much. man it's a lot of work just to get a couple of pans full !!!!!! i have a 6" piece of pipe ,welded a piece of plate on the bottom .then use a large digging bar to crush. works good if you are man enough to work it .i know this is the hard way ,but the impact mill is at my friends.

Attachments

• 0810101838-01.jpg
    0810101838-01.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,401
  • 0810101838-00.jpg
    0810101838-00.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,382
  • 0810101839-00.jpg
    0810101839-00.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,374
  • 0810101840-00.jpg
    0810101840-00.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,354
OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME TOO ,i really want to get a couple of specimens. it will take me a while to go through all of it . but i get i specimen it will be worth it .

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the help t , so i guess the taking it down to 100 mesh helps better for high sulfide gold. free milling a lot easier. and i'm working on the holding your mouth right part. that hard rock stuff ain't no joke !!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: i always respected you , but now i REALLY respect you. man that is gettin it the hard way. the labor is in a new league .but the payoff can be as well.

downhome47

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2010
Strick, those pics. don't do justice to the size and volume of the ore you picked up. When I saw the load you had in your truck, I couldn't imagine carrying that much rock very far! Makes my back ache just thinking about it! I hope you get a bunch of gold for all the work you're putting into it. Good luck.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downhome, by the time i met up with you i was very worn out.i had covered a lot of miles, and had to tote some of that rock 1/4 mile! most was closer but i had put in 3/4 of a day the hard way,i started at 4:00 that morning and was loading by 6:00 . i hope the new {old} sluice brings you lots of luck.and thanks for the ribbed matting. i am glad i got to stop by and bring it to you. best of luck !!

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks t , no i haven't been back .broke up some nothing visible. wash, break ,scan.repeat . etc. haven't been down all the way yet. want to scan a good bit first. haven't had much time - trying to get my wifes car fixed. thanks again.

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
strickman said:
ME TOO ,i really want to get a couple of specimens. it will take me a while to go through all of it . but i get i specimen it will be worth it .

Hey Strickman!

Those ores look really good, especially the ones with heavy minerals...
I myself have been collecting ores.. but mostly from the bedrock.
By the way, that picture of the crystalline gold you asked for, the camera did not do it justice, and that's even at high resolution.. But it's a clear indicator of where some of that fine gold on the site is coming from...I know what a tiny bit of gold looks like :)

About crushing rocks.. I have a bucket of quartz hydrothemal veins right out from where the bedrock was producing gold.. Mind you, placer gold and motherload gold are two different things, but I can reconize that a site can produce both placer and motherload gold, if you know what you're looking for...

I hope you get your car fixed! I am willing to help you, if you need it... Hit me up!

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Hey Strict Man, I hope life is treating ya well, all is well here...Did you ever get to take the ore to your buddies rock crusher, or is it still in the pretty ladies rock garden?
I myself have some pretty strong specimens that I've yet to crush, for one because it's a major pain in the butt :icon_pirat: and of course because seeing the formation of the bedrock in all of it's intrusions and exclusions in a N-GA ore, i sworth keeping whole, and not crushed or melted.
Winter's coming! I sense a lot of dredgers seeking a fortune soon. Well, they already know the game :)
"Lots a AU 2 you!"

ps- hit me up if you want to correlate some hard labour for minimal returns on some promising material

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crushed some with nothing to show. still a lot left ,have been busy working out of town . hate to see winter setting in ,I don't do cold so well ........

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vein in place ,or used to be ..... been disturbed with heavy machinery , ground has been recently cleared ,some spots cut down a good bit . walked around and gathered promising looking pieces .got a good sized truck load .

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a couple of specimens have come out of this stuff. but the bad part is,it has been moved around .hard to tell which vein came from where.

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
yeah man, I'm from Flordia... so I know what you mean about the cold...
Well, we both make way more money in our "real" jobs than we ever do prospecting.
But those guys know what we mean.
And yeah, winter's coming in... I foresee at least a few hotfire sand melts for me, since my buddy is a foundry expert and will help me melt some sands to seperate the metal.

I can't wait to see if there's any platMetals from meterors that hit in the area... since most of them are tiny and disolve into the landscape and of course silver...

WIth the amount of pyrope garnets I have, I'm sure I could make enough alluminum to make at least a beer can..

you should seriously consider using me sometime.. You can even pay me in beer at the end of the day lol.. and I don't care if it's homebrew.

But yeah..

Let life becon, and go with the flow! Don't try to swim upstream :headbang:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
also, if found at least one specimen, than the surrounding washout areas might be a good place to check with a metal detector :hello2:

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Strickman, never done any hard rock mining myself but watched an old timer crush ore twenty years ago. He did it under a tree and his dolly was tied to a springy branch that helped do the lifting, he just had to wang it down, looked like a labor saver to me. Nuggy

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haven't done much myself . but need to learn a little more about following veins . i know the basics ,had a bit of help.learned a lot . but there is still so much to learn . i want to hit a pocket . i can hold my own on a river ,creek ,bench etc.... but need to hone my skills on hardrock . plan on doing more high ground work this winter....

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Strickman, you and me both. I got a spot that I been finding small gold, and I think I know where its coming from, (based on many days spent sampling) but this winter I plan on to get out there and find out for sure. If my suspicions are correct most of this stuff is still in the hard rock.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope you find it ab....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strickman, I'm going to say NADA. I looked at your pics. They look good but the rocks are too solid. They don't look "rotten" enough. Prove me wrong. Good luck. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions