3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firebird,

It looks like to me you need to get the location of this prospect and collect additional samples to confirm those values! The Au and Ag values are very impressive but the PGM's are considerable as well . Ores that assay that high (this particular sample assays at ~$10,000/t) are quite unique and typically will not cover a large area. That being said, even a small outcrop having those values could be quite lucrative. Don't bet the ranch on a single assay from a however highly trusted friend.

Regards,
3xflyfisher

OP
OP
F

firebird21

Dec 28, 2008
You asked for it - here it is. Here's a photo of the sample. Samples from this location were sent to several labs. Jack Oberbillig, a well known and respected Idaho geologist, was with me when collected these samples. I personally turned some samples in to a lab in Tucson, Arizona where I lived at the time. I have additional analysis of this material that also shows high gold, silver, and platinum group elements.

Attachments

• MargaritaSulfides-2.jpg
    MargaritaSulfides-2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,312

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive..retirement never looked so good :thumbsup: ..congratulations!

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheRandyMan said:
Very impressive..retirement never looked so good :thumbsup: ..congratulations!

Retirement?????????

His work is just about to begin. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
F

firebird21

Dec 28, 2008
Yes there is work to do.....like studying this area carefully for more mineralization. But I had rather have this to work on than starting from scratch and looking for a new lead. I have several good prospects besides this one.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how much work hardrock can be. I stumbled on an old mine back in '83. Took a sample from the streak they were following, had it assayed. I don't remember the details of the assay report, but I do remember that it figured out to roughly 2 to 3 oz per ton.

I don't know how old the mine is, but it had rails in it. Unfortunately, no carts. I found it due to the braken growing on the side of a hill. I had to dig the slough out of the portal to let knee deep water drain out. That was hard enough work. :laughing7:

I don't want to say too much more, because I'm writing a story, (thread) in Treasure Legends; http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?board=666.0 under the subject; "The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA". and I haven't got this far in my story.

Eagle

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
firebird21 said:
Yes there is work to do.....like studying this area carefully for more mineralization. But I had rather have this to work on than starting from scratch and looking for a new lead. I have several good prospects besides this one.

"Studying the area" is a joke unless you mean by studying busting out heavy hammers, pickaxes, and handaxes.

Clearly you and other posters here know that..

However, industrial rock mining is a joke for the small timer.. Forget about getting rich with a two or solo man team with basic gear.. Most heavy minerals operations use backhoes, gas powered rock hammers and etc..

On this note.. I'd love to hit a spot up with a rock hammer that I know.. would make the back breaking work of peeling off teh gold bearing bedrock and false bedrock so much easier.

Just don't want to confuse the beginners.. Ore this valuable is by the handful, not the truck load, and following it into the depths of the earths upple mantle is a hellova task..
Ride on :)

BornOnFire

Jun 11, 2011
Sahuarita, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II DP; Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Firebird21-

I also live in Tucson, Sahuarita to be exact. I have done a lot of specimen sampling as well. I mean, I was just picking these rocks up off the ground in front of me. It's a good way to get an idea of whats in the area but not a money maker by all means. If you ever get the opportunity look at some of these abandoned mines in the local areas especially near the Serrita Mts west of the Asarco Mining Complex, you can see some examples of the hard word required to mine these quartz outcroppings. Must have been running on fumes and the "Fever". Here's a good pic of one in the aforementioned area: A few other pics of the sample rocks I picked up on one of my claims: these were picked up at the TOP of the hill in an area notorious for arroyo placer deposits.......I'm on to something here. I have fun on the garage with my 20X eye lope and a plethora of small metal tools I am more interested in the geology at this point. a good prospector understands his rocks well and can gain lots of useful info from a few samples....that's where I want to be as a prospector before taking the Gold Bug out and wasting time. :) Information is definitely our most powerful tool....oh, besides our insatiable desire if finding that mother lode....best of luck to you.

Attachments

• Quartz 01.jpg
    Quartz 01.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Quartz v1.1.16.jpg
    Quartz v1.1.16.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 753
  • abandoned mine.jpg
    abandoned mine.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 823
  • Quartz 01.jpg
    Quartz 01.jpg