Can you get more for ore specimens than spot?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is true in most instances.........but especially with todays gold prices the way they are,collectors are not real quick to be buying a specie at $4 Grand an ounce.Specimen gold can be very testy to move as well,in my experience...but for sure some pieces should never be crushed!!!!!

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey kuger - a kinda interesting story; In the 1980's I heard about a big dredge operation downstream from me on the South Yuba River. The head guy
was supposedly a "Texas Millionaire" who had a 10 or 12 inch dredge, and flew his crew from rental housing down to the dredge site in a helicopter! His
crew leader and lead dredger only had one arm. Well this info was mainly just rumor, but just recently I found out it was all true and the money man is
Hugh Roy Marshall, who runs the Marshall Mint, as well as other things in and around Virginia City, NV. Ever run into him?

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that story too F.P.,couldnt validate it either,but always wanted to see a one armed nozzle tender!I guess if a guy had a good rockchucker it would be doable!In the eighties it wasnt uncommon to see helo ops,as there are some very rich places in the canyons here that are inacessible.A very good friend of mine Jim Cheetum,made a lot of money piloting.I venture to say,if we were not under Commy rule right now we would see much of the same

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave.....has Wolfgang been around?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: nothin to sell just wonderin my friend

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I had a guy offer me 100$ on the spot for the bigger one of these:

I don't think I could crush it up and get that for it, unless there's a lot more gold inside then what I can see. But anyway I dont want to sell them anyway, I am just in it for the hobby, not the $.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread