OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea I have two self contained breathing appratus if anyone needs something like that.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, I'm interested in working at least going to look into it if anyone's interested let me know...never done it before though but very mechanical maybe run a hammer been a long time since I used one though.
Thx, Don

whats your 20

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohio devoid of most things I need I travel most places to mine for gem material but have that covered, now I need gold and quite a bit of it. I'm actually in the process trying to start jewelry business
winter is when I craft items but sterling silver not at top of food chain in this business. I'd work whole season depending on my dad's health its pretty good for now so I could get away.
Thanks, Don

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be an industrial maintenance man for several years been twisting wrenches most of my life decided to follow my dreams not much factory work around here any more so I might as well do something I enjoy. I also had my own contracting business my family has always done that so I'm a good carpenter too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm from your location I'd think your in the Marines out there...I was there in '83 if I only knew what I know now lol

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm from your location I'd think your in the Marines out there...I was there in '83 if I only knew what I know now lol

no milatary, sounds like you need to hook up with placer miner, im sure someone in here knows some one needing to pedal gold,
i rarely get crystaline pocket gold.
but if i get some, give you a shout

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey is that diminaco's still out there...think that's it was only 2 pizza places out there when I was there I still miss their hand tossed pizzas lol the other place had a rat on their board...was long time ago
ah if I can't hook up with a group I prolly head to N Carolina I suppose least I know that area.

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If what I'm reading is right e-bay seems to be the best place to sell your gold. Way more fun to find it though:) so do you go around there? I never dreamed I was in such a good area I used to go to Hollywood when I was in the Corps I coulda bought detecter back then instead of just climbing rocks lol.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
29 has gotten a little bigger we got a dennys a few years back now, i dont know what the rest is like i dont ever go to town havent had to go since nov last year,
the gold situation its very spoty out here , in the old days we used too do good its gettin gone here!
my gig now is just finishing up an adventure without getting snakebit or fall off the mnt crack my skull.
I think you can get good gold in NC. at least there is water out that way.

good luck

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don, not to discourage you but gold propecting as a full time job is dismal at best. A few here can do it but you won't be eating in restaurants for awhile. The only way you will be getting to a restaurant is being on the payroll as the cook. Most places where the good gold is at are not fun in the summertime. Give it a try as a hobby for awhile but don't sell the house just yet. TTC

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, don't I know it...I did some last year hard-hard work, your right its spotty there too, biggest problem is that it maybe 50-70' to bed rock hard to suction dredge that even. Water is pretty good maybe even too good at times! I almost got washed off mountain last year. I camp mostly I try to get out to town once maybe twice a week did find a nice quartz vein there now if I can just get to it equipment and restrictions get in the way at times :), anyway good luck out there watch out for the scorpions and spiders too :D

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio devoid of most things I need I travel most places to mine for gem material but have that covered, now I need gold and quite a bit of it. I'm actually in the process trying to start jewelry business
winter is when I craft items but sterling silver not at top of food chain in this business. I'd work whole season depending on my dad's health its pretty good for now so I could get away.
Thanks, Don

I'm in Ohio also don. Am going to my lode claim first week of July. I'll be in need if someone to sell some of my finds to when I return mid month. PM me if interested. Thanks
Bill

OP
OP
D

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Trikeman, are sure you don't need any help? I really like the hunt...besides I might find something you overlook :D
thx , Don

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Hi Trikeman, are sure you don't need any help? I really like the hunt...besides I might find something you overlook :D
thx , Don

Well after making the 2,000 mile one way trip. Unless you have access to a large scale rock crusher and a bobcat or something there isn't much to be done on the claim. I have some I brought back to crush and refine but mostly need lots bigger than what I have.
I am thinking of selling the claim if your out that way would be a great investment for someone living out west for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread