10 Deadliest rocks and minerals

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't you see the list is a beginning of "boogey-man" fear tactics as propaganda to establish a reverse "Endangered Minerals Act"? That is, outlaw the mining
of these minerals due to extreme hazard to human health.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just had to look up Torbernite... I've seen this in the load.. but the crystals are soo small that the tip of the pin would dwarf em... I'm not going to worry... IE "I don't want to live to 100 if i cant eat tacos" comes to mind... I don't want to live to 100 if i cant mine GOLD!

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was very shocked not to see sulfur itself i saw something containing sulfur but not the yellow crystal sulfur also what about brimstone

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/311946-nugget-thing.html There are soooo many hazards but i'm not detoured.. Educate yourself on them and never "LICK" the rock, and wash your hands like your mom taught you!.. you should be fine! lol OO and there is a bunch of controversy on that story Sheldon. It seems Geologists aren't agreeing on it..lol .. GET SOME GOLD!

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welll duhh im not a young kid im 19 years old the only rock ill be kiss are gold and the grave stones to lost family members saftey truely is the key

Island_Hunter

Mar 31, 2013
Nanaimo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Sh!t! I was out today and broke up some bedrock which had a few pockets with what I thought was petrified wood in them. I was just going through this list and saw that it looks like asbestos! I just pulled it out of the trunk and snapped some pics. Looks a lot like it!

image-3715731625.jpg

image-4018216581.jpg

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
island hunter that doesnt quite look like asbestos, is it stringy or fiberiss? shiny? that looks rock solid but i could be wrong, handle with care no licking LOL

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received a 31 gm. Stibnite thru the mail from China the other day. I guess I wont be licking that one too often. Maybe a glass case for it. I also have a sample of Cobalt ore from Ontario, Canada that I was warned about, as it also contains Arsenic. Another one not too handle.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us can't afford One-A-Day and Centrum Silver, gettin our daily minerals any way we can.:tongue3:

Island_Hunter

Mar 31, 2013
Nanaimo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, it was long fine crystals that would separate when you picked at it with your finger. I only licked it once before I got rid of it! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread