Bulging rock in the portal...and survival equipment

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Anyone find the cost of the Timber wagon forest pro?
Building a dump bed trailer should not be to high. One could build a walk Behind type of dump bed trailer.

If you look closely at the first two videos I posted, you'll see the hydraulic drive between the wheels of the Vahva Jussi 320 trailer with the dump beds. I wanted thecTimber Wagon video so everyone could see what these trailers are capable of.

Prices on the trailers range in the $8-$10K range. That may sound high, but properly engineered and built hydraulic systems ARE NOT cheap. Cheap out on a hydraulic system and the injuries in could cause are extremely devastating. I have pics of what a hydraulic fluid injection injury look like in my journal on the prospectors journal forum. They are extremely graphic and not for those with a weak stomach.

I've been a machinist/millwright in the mining industry for a long time. Not being ignorant or anything, but you would do well heeding my "advice".

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Over build hydraulics.

Hello
Mad Machinist pointed out:
That may sound high, but properly engineered and built hydraulic systems ARE NOT cheap. Cheap out on a hydraulic system and the injuries in could cause are extremely devastating. I have pics of what a hydraulic fluid injection injury look like in my journal on the prospectors journal forum. They are extremely graphic and not for those with a weak stomach.
I've been a machinist/millwright in the mining industry for a long time. Not being ignorant or anything, but you would do well heeding my "advice".
Thanks for the price on the trailer. No surprise to me on the costs. Yes this one agrees that a trailer should be over built for safety factor reasons. Yes hydraulic liquid can cut through steel just imagine what it can do to flesh and bones. All new hoses and other soft parts should be used.
Sounds like you guys are in the investment stage at this time?
Even a simple jaw crusher can do major damage to body parts and one should always be safe.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Found the video I was looking for on these trailers. Add a dump bed and your good to go. The wheels on the trailer have a part time hydraulic drive that can be engaged when needed for a 8 wheel drive setup. This would work just fine for us. Forgot to add that the hill being climbed in the video is better than 45 degrees.

Yeah, that's precisely all we'd need to get ore up the haul road from the adit. Need to to a bit of brush clearing, but we'd be set with something like that. We would need to run pipe rails from the adit to the bottom of the haulage hill, about 350'.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm still working on the rail deal. 1000' of running length or 2000' foot overall. The smoker he wants is a 500 gal propane tank converted.

I need to spend some time looking at the hydraulics on this trailer and I may be able to build it. I have a 2005 660 Grizzly coming I need to do a frame swap on. Mat do the 700 big bore kit on it while it is down. Gotta love wheeling and dealing.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Grizzly machine

Hello
Show some pictures of the 2005 660 Grizzly as it is worked on. Thank you.
Wheeling and dealing can make the 'Pipe dreams come true'...........LOL:laughing7:
Thanks again for every one's posts.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pictures of Grizzly

grizzly with winch.jpg Grizzly.jpg
Some pictures of Grizzly from the internet.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, that's precisely all we'd need to get ore up the haul road from the adit. Need to to a bit of brush clearing, but we'd be set with something like that. We would need to run pipe rails from the adit to the bottom of the haulage hill, about 350'.

About $3000 to build on with a properly set up hydraulic system. Top speed of 3 to 4 mph when engaged.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
About $3000 to build on with a properly set up hydraulic system. Top speed of 3 to 4 mph when engaged.

I'll do a bit more scouting of the hill I'm thinking about. Too dang hot this weekend. Supposed to be only 93 for a high this coming Saturday so I'll be out there again.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Is the plan to moving all the rock out to the nearest road?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Maybe it is best to 'High grade ore' there if the "Papers" will let one do this at the mine site? Then move just the 'High grade ore' to the nearby road.
Looks by by way of little to no mine tailings that the 'Old timers' where required to move all the mine waist rock to a "Milling Claim"?
Is the "Claim" on a "Plat map" of say around 1880's?
Thanks

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
It appears from the video clip that the 'Old timers' did not 'Run out of Ore with values'. Maybe the "Mining Claim" can be reopened without a lot of 'Paper work just have to prove the values are there?
Just asking if the older 'Papers' can be looked up?

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
It appears from the video clip that the 'Old timers' did not 'Run out of Ore with values'. Maybe the "Mining Claim" can be reopened without a lot of 'Paper work just have to prove the values are there?
Just asking if the older 'Papers' can be looked up?

No worries. We know what we are doing.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great

Hello
Mad Machinist pointed out
No worries. We know what we are doing.
Great just checking up to see if you guys are up to speed and would love to see you guys follow through and get the mine running. Since there appears to be "Provable values in place" the 'Battle maybe half won already' and good for you.
Thanks again for posting enjoyed all of it. Gives 'Us all some hope out here to boot as well'. :icon_thumleft:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2005 660 Grizzly coming just for fun.

Hello
Just for fun hope this is not the 2005 660 Grizzly coming:

Attachments

• You could tell them but why.jpg